Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Mike Ashley to buy Charlton on Wednesday.

Not possible if you own another one of the other 91 clubs in England.

Unless you are getting confused with Laura

With Jimenez as CEO
    And Dennis Wise manager

With Jimenez as CEO
    And Dennis Wise manager
    The Les Bordes 3 some continues
  • Ashley should sell Newcastle by Tuesday.

Hahahaha

You post some good stuff , but this is the best yet.
  • Hmm, possibly the Aussies fed up with waiting?

Wouldn't surprise me, seems like they've been waiting for Roly to lower the price for months.

Wonder if the reason that he hasn't is because the other 2 seem willing to pay the higher price after their DD is done?
    Or Duchatelet has kept Muir hanging around thinking that the new bidders would pay the silly prices that Muir, having done DD, wouldn't.

So Muir has called his bluff and walked away?

And if @Redhenry knows then the other bidders will know that too, sooner or later. So when they do DD and get the real picture they will offer a similar price to Muir.

Meanwhile Duchatelet has to carry on covering the losses, has a very pissed off manager and no CEO to take the flak for him and a FD working his notice.

So the club remains in limbo until Roland sees sense and takes the inevitable haircut.

Robinson, like him or not, isn't given what he needs, no planning can be done for the summer, players and their agents start to look elsewhere, be they current CAFC players or potential signings.

And the home crowd yesterday was 9,500 and most likely even less actually in the ground.

So while the club slips further into chaos we fans just have to wait for Duchatelet to see sense. That may take some time.
    I think that this might just be uncomfortably close to nail on head. Just a hint of worry for me that the two remaining interested parties might just not find what they are looking for once they complete DD and because Duchâtelet is deluded about the price we might end up losing all three.

It’s a worse case scenario but as I said it’s now a nagging worry for me.

• RedMist said:

But which one are you @nth london addick ?

I will let you guess
    Either of the two geezers sat together in the back row, I am drawn to the red tie?
    Im guessing the chap who looks lije his profile picture.
    Proper Columbo.
    Now you mention it but I a sure NLA has only just started using that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• 50/50 but the wrong choice mate

We could be brothers.
  • Fumbluff said:

Mark Curry next to him (look him up)

Jeremy Vine bottom left
  • edited January 2018
    With one of the bidders now pulling out the pressure on RD to sell has increased ten fold IMHO
  • If Duchatelet is playing chicken, he is going to end up with the giblets.
  • seth plum said:

If Duchatelet is playing chicken, he is going to end up with the giblets.

More likely to be stuffed ...
  • I'd like to know WHY this party has pulled out. If it's because they are peed off because Roland has dicked them around whilst hoping for a better offer then we, and him, are fooked because he may not even get another offer and his best chance of a sale has just walked away. RD is playing a dangerous game here.
  • Hold on, are we saying Muir looks like Columbo, or NLA looks like Columbo or NLA looks like Muir. This thread is confusing.
  • ???

"hereing"
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd like to know WHY this party has pulled out. If it's because they are peed off because Roland has dicked them around whilst hoping for a better offer then we, and him, are fooked because he may not even get another offer and his best chance of a sale has just walked away. RD is playing a dangerous game here.

Of course not, it's either:

1. The fans fault for gobbing on the players and getting us relegated, revelation.

2. Upsetting the prospective buyers cos somebody scoffed all vol au vents before they could get to the table.

3. Bitterly disappointed that Daisy isn't going to be around to manage our storming up the league to sell out matches.
  • ???

Think that is the jump some are making due to his short link to Rangers.
  • Ha ha baldies unite

As was said to me yesterday RD don’t give two shits about the losses he is making on cafc as he is adding those to the asking price

The problem is his asking price is borderline ridiculous but 100% in realistic

On this very same thread weeks ago I said the biggest problem we face is that he is so far distanced from the whole thing in terms of a physical relationship with the club and fans there’s no emotion and he is so rich he can suffer the indignity of it all

Personally I think that time and we are nearing his departure but we are a long way a way from anything being done and I am not convinced it will be this season

• edited January 2018
    Ashley demands to break even every year. He also would rename the stadium "Sports Direct Valley" on day one. I don't see it.
  • edited January 2018

• Mark Hughes will be announced as CAFC next manager after Ashley gets his act together. Naming rights of the valley will be called Fussball Cloob in memory of the previous owner.
  • shirty5 said:

Mike Ashley to buy Charlton on Wednesday.

Not possible if you own another one of the other 91 clubs in England.

Unless you are getting confused with Laura
    That's his daughter.
  • Ha ha baldies unite

As was said to me yesterday RD don’t give two shits about the losses he is making on cafc as he is adding those to the asking price

The problem is his asking price is borderline ridiculous but 100% in realistic

On this very same thread weeks ago I said the biggest problem we face is that he is so far distanced from the whole thing in terms of a physical relationship with the club and fans there’s no emotion and he is so rich he can suffer the indignity of it all

Personally I think that time and we are nearing his departure but we are a long way a way from anything being done and I am not convinced it will be this season

All the more reason for those that fancy the trip to Belgium to go.

Out of site out of mind has served Roland well during his tenure.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!