Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ummmm, that does not look like Donald Muir. THAT looks like Andrew Muir, the Aussie.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/92a8208b98e44458052f60fe49b80ea8

You're saying he looks more like

than...

?
    Oh Jesus, what are the odds of two Muirs? You are right. Here is another pic.

• Second bloke is the financier Donald Muir
  • Old photo saw it posted a few years ago when protests were ongoing

That's what I thought, an account to ignore then.
  • What makes me most happy is that Murray sitting in another part of the box perhaps means he is not involved in any way with this buying group.
  • edited January 2018
    The latter is the most likely accompaniment to Alex McCleish (Donald). Will definitely be him.

• http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13050158.Donald_Muir__the_bank_s_inside_man_at_Ibrox__has_questions_to_answer/

"Muir described himself as a Rangers supporter and a guy who cared about the club. He was Alex McLeish's mate."
  • Not sure what this all means though.

Some prospective buyer is getting Donald Muir to oversee the deal and Alex McCleish is coming in as manager? I don't get it.
  • edited January 2018

What makes me most happy is that Murray sitting in another part of the box perhaps means he is not involved in any way with this buying group.

McCleish was a guest of Murray, why he’s sat down there I don’t know, might just prefer it.
  • Got a great feeling about this
  • Sponsored links:

Some prospective buyer is getting Donald Muir to oversee the deal and Alex McCleish is coming in as manager? I don't get it.

Could be a case of them being in London and coming along to the game, who knows at this stage.
  • What makes me most happy is that Murray sitting in another part of the box perhaps means he is not involved in any way with this buying group.

McCleish was a guest of Murray, why he’s sat down there I don’t know, might just prefer it.
    Doesn't necessarily mean Murray is involved though. Could have been his guest as Murray is trying to sell the club to McLeish's mates? We don't even know Murray is part of any group trying to buy the club do we?

So has it been confirmed that McGleish was at the Valley purely as a guest of Murray? If it has, why was the Rangers bloke there?

Could be a case of them being in London and coming along to the game, who knows at this stage.
    Guessing these two are the two Airman referred to as being guests of Murray. Plot thickens deeper in the fact he’s chosen not to sit with them too ...

So has it been confirmed that McGleish was at the Valley purely as a guest of Murray? If it has, why was the Rangers bloke there?
    This is key, Muir being there tells me it's business related.

This is key, Muir being there tells me it's business related.
    Me too mate
  • edited January 2018
    Just to temper expectations.... what some Rangers fans think of Muir... I would be interested if some here know longtime Rangers fans who might be able to give some background.

http://dearscotland.com/2012/05/17/the-rogues-who-ruined-rangers/

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/director-seen-as-enemy-within-ends-association-with-murray-1-1560499

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-fans-demonstrate-against-donald-1050612
  • Addickted said:

Second bloke is the financier Donald Muir

I found another photo of him online and he is wearing glasses just like the one taken at the Valley.
  • Addickted said:

I found another photo of him online and he is wearing glasses just like the one taken at the Valley.
    If you don't post a picture for everyone to scrutinise then it doesn't count.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm lost, can someone please summarise. Because at the moment this is where i am at:

There is a Muir in the stands, possibly Donald who is Scottish (and Napa reckons he's got money) or possibly Andrew who is Australian (and by general consensus has money). Although both Muirs might be there.
    McCleish is a coach and has previous with Donald at Rangers.
    If Andrew is in the picture the Australian bid is still on.
    But the Australian bid is off.
    Murray has a Scottish sounding name (and there's a river called the Murray in Oz) but irrespective he is not sitting with the Scottish nor Australian Muir. Meaning he is not connected to either bids.
    There is no Scottish bid.

How far off am I?

Seriously though can we please summarise the Muir situation .

• I heard that one of Richard Murrays invitees was an ex-director, so if there were two, at least one might be a familiar face.
  • Beardface said:

Addickted said:

If you don't post a picture for everyone to scrutinise then it doesn't count.
    Tried to but I’m having issues with my phone at the moment.
  • edited January 2018

I'm lost, can someone please summarise. Because at the moment this is where i am at:

There is a Muir in the stands, possibly Donald who is Scottish (and Napa reckons he's got money) or possibly Andrew who is Australian (and by general consensus has money). Although both Muirs might be there.
    McCleish is a coach and has previous with Donald at Rangers.
    If Andrew is in the picture the Australian bid is still on.
    But the Australian bid is off.
    Murray has a Scottish sounding name (and there's a river called the Murray in Oz) but irrespective he is not sitting with the Scottish nor Australian Muir. Meaning he is not connected to either bids.
    There is no Scottish bid.

How far off am I?

Seriously though can we please summarise the Muir situation .

Alex Mcleish was sitting with Donald Muir there who worked for Lloyds and was made director at Rangers to get the money back that Rangers owned Lloyds. I don't think there's any reason to believe that he has money and certainly not that he's buying the club.

I think the suggestion is that Donald Muir is connected to one of the bids (the british one?) but he is not the person with the money for it.
  • I think Donald Muir is fronting a bid from South Africans.
  • I read that Mcgleish was the guest that’s about all I know, at the time I read it I didn’t know who Muir was/ that he was there.
  • Ackworth suggesting on Facebook that Belgian investor Ivan de Witte was also sitting in the VIP section on sat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_De_Witte

Ok it's Ackworth, but this is what I have feared all along, douchbag "selling" to one of his mates. Lets hope this is a typical JA exclusive.
  • sammy391 said:
    There you go, must be a reason he was with the other 2 though. Who is it on the left?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!