Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• But which one are you @nth london addick ?
  • edited January 2018
  • Redhenry said:

One potential buyer has pulled out. Down to two now. The one I was told about are still in.

Pleaaaaaase
  • Redhenry said:

One potential buyer has pulled out. Down to two now. The one I was told about are still in.

Worrying if it’s Muir who has pulled out. He has, I think, been at the negotiating table the longest.

I will let you guess
  • Swisdom - Timmy Mallett? Or are you older than that?

I am of an age where I am aware of his work.

• Redhenry said:

So is it the Aussies or the one Roland Trusts? That have left?

Any reason why they pulled out?
  • Sponsored links:

• NLA a gent called Tom from Eltham has your pic mate its hanging up in Eltham Plod shop
  • sammy391 said:
    Nice to see Murray sitting with all his friends.
  • Redhenry said:

Remind me, the ones you were told about are those where money isn’t a problem - yes?

Maybe it’s the one who two sheds trusted that has pulled out (if they were ever in) - and assuming it was Uncle Dickie.

• Hmm, possibly the Aussies fed up with waiting?
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom - Timmy Mallett? Or are you older than that?

I am of an age where I am aware of his work.

Bit after my time really. My memories are more Valerie Singleton and Christopher Trace!

Wouldn't surprise me, seems like they've been waiting for Roly to lower the price for months.

Wonder if the reason that he hasn't is because the other 2 seem willing to pay the higher price after their DD is done?

I will let you guess
    Either of the two geezers sat together in the back row, I am drawn to the red tie?

I will let you guess
    Either of the two geezers sat together in the back row, I am drawn to the red tie?
    I am guessing the gentleman with the wide centreparting.
  • J BLOCK said:

Hopefully it’s Roland’s mate who’s gone, leaving us with mega rich ones and Aussies

It has never been his 'mate'. It was discribed as someone he trusts.
  • Sponsored links:

Wouldn't surprise me, seems like they've been waiting for Roly to lower the price for months.

Wonder if the reason that he hasn't is because the other 2 seem willing to pay the higher price after their DD is done?
    Or Duchatelet has kept Muir hanging around thinking that the new bidders would pay the silly prices that Muir, having done DD, wouldn't.

So Muir has called his bluff and walked away?

And if @Redhenry knows then the other bidders will know that too, sooner or later. So when they do DD and get the real picture they will offer a similar price to Muir.

Meanwhile Duchatelet has to carry on covering the losses, has a very pissed off manager and no CEO to take the flak for him and a FD working his notice.

So the club remains in limbo until Roland sees sense and takes the inevitable haircut.

Robinson, like him or not, isn't given what he needs, no planning can be done for the summer, players and their agents start to look elsewhere, be they current CAFC players or potential signings.

And the home crowd yesterday was 9,500 and most likely even less actually in the ground.

So while the club slips further into chaos we fans just have to wait for Duchatelet to see sense. That may take some time.
    If an issue found during DD is the reason that Muir wouldn't pay more then RD is surely mental to hope the other bidders won't find the issue. But he is mental isn't he.

I can only see more and more staff walking away if this goes on any longer.

Would not surprise me at all if Robinson walks away when RD doesn't let him buy any players in January.
  • edited January 2018

But which one are you @nth london addick ?

I will let you guess
  • To be honest if the Aussie’s have pulled out I wouldn’t be to upset, although anything is better than Roland. Not sure they would take us to where we want to be. PV & the Kuwait lot or Red Bull would be fine by me.
  • 50/50 but the wrong choice mate
  • Which one?
  • Are they rich?
    Will they spend money?
    Do they have ambition?
    Will they keep the name, our colours and the valley?

If yes to all of the above I couldn't care less who they are.
  • Only guessed it’d be the Aussies, seems like half the charlton fans on social media have ran with it.
  • To be honest if the Aussie’s have pulled out I wouldn’t be to upset, although anything is better than Roland. Not sure they would take us to where we want to be. PV & the Kuwait lot or Red Bull would be fine by me.

don't get the apathy toward Muir. Why are you not upset if it is him that has pulled out?

I will let you guess
    Im guessing the chap who looks lije his profile picture.
    Proper Columbo.
  • Is it Muir, does anyone really Know who the Aussie bid is from?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!