Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    i don't care who owes who what, just Feck off Roland and take Corbyn (bottom right), Colin Welland (top left), Ecclestone, every New Tricks actor ever, the smug bloke with fake arms whilst fondling the tartan lady, and all the empty seats with you.
  • May have been said already, but I think the guy to Muir's left on the phone is club secretary Chris Parkes?

And the bored guy on the left in row 2 is Tony Keohane, club COO.

Bored!?
    Poor guy is knackered he's running the club single handed, struth show a bit of compassion.
    Evening @Tominse9 ;)
  • sammy391 said:
    How bored do those 2 ladies in the grey coats look? Was it really that bad a game?
    Not as bored a Bernie Ecclestone on his phone.
    Missing her bosom budy KM.
  • Stop keep doing the look-a-likes now ffs
  • J BLOCK said:

Not sure what this all means though.

Some prospective buyer is getting Donald Muir to oversee the deal and Alex McCleish is coming in as manager? I don't get it.

Could be a case of them being in London and coming along to the game, who knows at this stage.
    Guessing these two are the two Airman referred to as being guests of Murray. Plot thickens deeper in the fact he’s chosen not to sit with them too ...
    Not sure he is brave enough to move Sue perks from her seat
  • Ladies in grey are Keith Peacocks wife and another family member
  • CAFCsayer said:

This is De Witte according to Googleimage

Pretty sure that's Roberto Martinez, mate
    Is that Mick Everett wearing the blue scarf?
  • edited January 2018

What makes me most happy is that Murray sitting in another part of the box perhaps means he is not involved in any way with this buying group.

McCleish was a guest of Murray, why he’s sat down there I don’t know, might just prefer it.
    Nope that’s not true all theee arrived together and joined RM for lunch
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know if its been mentioned on here, but Colin aka BB, elsewhere, has said Belgium representatives coming over to sort the deal with an Aussie bid, I guess none of us know, or ever will what the hell is or is not going on.
  • Someone on the main Charlton Facebook group posted "today's the day".
  • Scoham said:

Someone on the main Charlton Facebook group posted "today's the day".

Like the rest of us they know nothing
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Like the rest of us they know nothing
    It had a red background.
    More likely today's the day KR gets the bullet.
  • Someone on Twitter has said DD has been bought by Red Henry’s mentioned firm from the Aussies in order to speed the deal up, seems fairly confident in this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Rod Stewart
  • edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Someone on Twitter has said DD has been bought by Red Henry’s mentioned firm from the Aussies in order to speed the deal up, seems fairly confident in this.

I hope you're right, but so much shite gets confidently spouted on Twitter that it's hard to take it seriously. Who said it?
  • Fumbluff said:

If you were spending anywhere between £20 and (ahem @NapaAddick )£73 million quid on a small SE London third division club would you buy/trust the DD of a competitor that's just pulled out or would you think it wise to instruct your team to do this thoroughly?

Been there done it, but my advice would be only if it’s a reputable company who undertook the dd, what normally happens is the your experts uses their dd to speed up the process as most of the questions would be answered, however I would still expect dd to be undertaken by the buying company, just a much quicker option. It might actually save money in the long run.
  • Uboat said:

J BLOCK said:

Someone on Twitter has said DD has been bought by Red Henry’s mentioned firm from the Aussies in order to speed the deal up, seems fairly confident in this.

I hope you're right, but so much shite gets confidently spouted on Twitter that it's hard to take it seriously. Who said it?
  • edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Uboat said:

J BLOCK said:

Right. I've seen his stuff before. He seems sound enough, but I'm sceptical as to how he could know that. Why is it being assumed that 'British based' is the bid Red Henry knows about? Sounds more like the mystery third bidder, which would mean it's the Aussies that have pulled out.

Edit. Just read the tweet below it, which concluded the same thing. If that's right then we really are poised on a knife edge.
  • Scoham said:

Say that in a Frank Spencer voice
  • By the way, what does due diligence mean?

Also who is ‘DD’?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!