Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

haha, richer than RD

Do they make Roland's wealth look like pocket money?
  • We all just need to be as patient as Russell Slade
  • Redhenry said:

haha, richer than RD

Can you rule Redbull out as the ones you know about Redhenry?
  • JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

We will all have to wait and see.

I keep telling them that but they won't believe me : - )

Also, just as bidders can drop out it is possible that new parties can make their interest known.
    WIOTOW?
    See, people get so excited they can't even get WIOTOS correct : - )
    I've changed it to WIOTOWebsite. It just looks better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

haha, richer than RD

Can you rule Redbull out as the ones you know about Redhenry?
    I can.

RH said there was a chance they wouldn’t spend even though they’re loaded:
    Redhenry said:

But RD is also loaded and he has been awful.

We know Red Bull would spend and so I’m ruling them out.
  • It’s Frank Muir isn’t it ? Everyone’s a fruit and Nutcase will replace the Red Red Robin and we can all play Call My Bluff at half time.

does wed henry know if we are selling wicky holmes
  • lolwray said:

It’s Frank Muir isn’t it ? Everyone’s a fruit and Nutcase will replace the Red Red Robin and we can all play Call My Bluff at half time.

does wed henry know if we are selling wicky holmes
    Don't tell me @RedHenry is moving to Sheffield Wednesday too?
  • If DD has been bought it doesn't appear likely it is the DD conducted in October/November which I know about, based on conversations this weekend. I wonder therefore if it is the product of a process conducted earlier last year when the AFC interest was first reported by the Mail.
  • Redhenry said:

haha, richer than RD

Do they make Roland's wealth look like pocket money?
    In comparison does Roland have holes in his shoes as well as the one in between his ears?
  • DOUCHER said:

So in summary where are we now with the takeover?

The theory that "nothing is happening" has been blown out of the water. That has been proved incorrect and totally false.

There are multiple parties who have expressed an interest.

The identities of the potential buyers are not all known.

Informed sources suggest that one is Australian Andrew Muir. This is not believed to be the same as the AFC Australian consortium bid that started this thread.

Some sources claim that Muir's partner, a Greek-Australian, has pulled out and that the Muir bid is now either on the shelf or has been pulled completely. Muir is the only bidder believed to have completed DD.

Other bidders' identity are not known although there has been no reliable evidence that Red Bull or Peter Varney are or have been involved.

@Redhenry suggested a possible Middle Eastern bid as well as a bid from someone "trusted" by Duchatelet. Who this is isn't clear.

On Saturday, former Rangers, and perhaps more interestingly Genk, manager Alex McLeish was entertained by director Richard Murray and given prime seats in the directors box where our departed CEO used to sit.

With McLeish was Donald Muir (no relation to Andrew Muir of Australian bid fame) a financier with links to various heavyweight trust funds and banks. The third person in the party remains unknown.

Some sources have suggested a South African connection via Donald Muir and McLeish but again this hasn't been verified.

Meanwhile, Karl Robinson has expressed his frustration that he is not able to sign any players while the takeover continues to the media on Thursday and after the Oldham win. He also expressed his frustration in much stronger terms to fans before the Oldham game where he also said that he had confronted Duchatelet about the situation.

The club has no CEO but the Finance Director is working their notice until the end of February (suggesting they had a three month notice period and so resigned at the beginning of December, the same time as the CEO). Why they had to serve three months and Meire only one month is another unknown.

The team, meanwhile, is one point from the 6th and final play-off place having now played its game in hand while other teams were involved in the FA Cup.

To state nothing is happening now would indeed be incorrect and totally false. When I stated it last year it was correct and we have seen nothing that has proven otherwise.
    This is categorically untrue and several people on here know that. There was due diligence taking place with full access to the club's books.
    righto
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

We will all have to wait and see.

I keep telling them that but they won't believe me : - )

Also, just as bidders can drop out it is possible that new parties can make their interest known.
    Sure but for the good of the club and this season we need this to go through tomorrow (well actually about a month ago). If the party that was the furthest down the line has keft it means we are stuck in this purgatory for a while longer.
  • DOUCHER said:

The theory that "nothing is happening" has been blown out of the water. That has been proved incorrect and totally false.

Informed sources suggest that one is Australian Andrew Muir. This is not believed to be the same as the AFC Australian consortium bid that started this thread.

Some sources claim that Muir's partner, a Greek-Australian, has pulled out and that the Muir bid is now either on the shelf or has been pulled completely. Muir is the only bidder believed to have completed DD.

Other bidders' identity are not known although there has been no reliable evidence that Red Bull or Peter Varney are or have been involved.

@Redhenry suggested a possible Middle Eastern bid as well as a bid from someone "trusted" by Duchatelet. Who this is isn't clear.

On Saturday, former Rangers, and perhaps more interestingly Genk, manager Alex McLeish was entertained by director Richard Murray and given prime seats in the directors box where our departed CEO used to sit.

With McLeish was Donald Muir (no relation to Andrew Muir of Australian bid fame) a financier with links to various heavyweight trust funds and banks. The third person in the party remains unknown.

Some sources have suggested a South African connection via Donald Muir and McLeish but again this hasn't been verified.

Meanwhile, Karl Robinson has expressed his frustration that he is not able to sign any players while the takeover continues to the media on Thursday and after the Oldham win. He also expressed his frustration in much stronger terms to fans before the Oldham game where he also said that he had confronted Duchatelet about the situation.

The club has no CEO but the Finance Director is working their notice until the end of February (suggesting they had a three month notice period and so resigned at the beginning of December, the same time as the CEO). Why they had to serve three months and Meire only one month is another unknown.

The team, meanwhile, is one point from the 6th and final play-off place having now played its game in hand while other teams were involved in the FA Cup.

To state nothing is happening now would indeed be incorrect and totally false. When I stated it last year it was correct and we have seen nothing that has proven otherwise.

"Last year" was 9 days ago.

A week is a long time in politics and nine days is a huge time in the World of a fabricating wum.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

This is categorically untrue and several people on here know that. There was due diligence taking place with full access to the club's books.
    righto
    Doucher 5 Airman 1
    righto
  • I know something but can't say. If thats the case, why make the statement in the first place ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!