Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• My new favourite phrase is “righto”
  • Roland wants £50 mill , CAFC true value £10-15 mill max. I don't think anything is going to happen in the near future until Roland finally comes out of cloud cuckoo land

Barring a lobotomy that isn't going to happen.
  • cfgs said:

Roland wants £50 mill , CAFC true value £10-15 mill max. I don't think anything is going to happen in the near future until Roland finally comes out of cloud cuckoo land

Is a shotgun lobotomy out of the question?
  • Dazzler21 said:

cfgs said:

Roland wants £50 mill , CAFC true value £10-15 mill max. I don't think anything is going to happen in the near future until Roland finally comes out of cloud cuckoo land

Is a shotgun lobotomy out of the question?
    With our strikers and shots on target?
  • edited January 2018
    Love the fact everyone and his dog knows DD has been done but haven't got a Scooby as to who by.
  • Love the fact everyone and his dog knows DD has been done but haven't got a Scooby as to who by.

I thought it was Muir
  • Sponsored links:

• How much more is the club worth if we are promoted. They could be looking at 10m additional incoming next season, not insignificant. But duch is eroding any chance of that by pulling the plug on robbo.

Was it worth more when we were in the Championship? He certainly paid a lot less (including the debt) than he would appear to be looking for now.
  • Knock Knock
  • My new favourite phrase is “righto”

Rightio.
  • edited January 2018
    Takeover will not take place until this thread reaches 1 million views.
    Currently sitting 942.5K views.
    Keep on clicking.
  • Prize for the millionth viewer? If anyone can work out who it was.
  • Prize for the millionth viewer? If anyone can work out who it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdi6E-qzS1c
  • Redhenry said:

So in summary where are we now with the takeover?

The theory that "nothing is happening" has been blown out of the water. That has been proved incorrect and totally false.

There are multiple parties who have expressed an interest.

The identities of the potential buyers are not all known.

Informed sources suggest that one is Australian Andrew Muir. This is not believed to be the same as the AFC Australian consortium bid that started this thread.

Some sources claim that Muir's partner, a Greek-Australian, has pulled out and that the Muir bid is now either on the shelf or has been pulled completely. Muir is the only bidder believed to have completed DD.

Other bidders' identity are not known although there has been no reliable evidence that Red Bull or Peter Varney are or have been involved.

@Redhenry suggested a possible Middle Eastern bid as well as a bid from someone "trusted" by Duchatelet. Who this is isn't clear.

On Saturday, former Rangers, and perhaps more interestingly Genk, manager Alex McLeish was entertained by director Richard Murray and given prime seats in the directors box where our departed CEO used to sit.

With McLeish was Donald Muir (no relation to Andrew Muir of Australian bid fame) a financier with links to various heavyweight trust funds and banks. The third person in the party remains unknown.

Some sources have suggested a South African connection via Donald Muir and McLeish but again this hasn't been verified.

Meanwhile, Karl Robinson has expressed his frustration that he is not able to sign any players while the takeover continues to the media on Thursday and after the Oldham win. He also expressed his frustration in much stronger terms to fans before the Oldham game where he also said that he had confronted Duchatelet about the situation.

The club has no CEO but the Finance Director is working their notice until the end of February (suggesting they had a three month notice period and so resigned at the beginning of December, the same time as the CEO). Why they had to serve three months and Meire only one month is another unknown.

The team, meanwhile, is one point from the 6th and final play-off place having now played its game in hand while other teams were involved in the FA Cup.

There are two bidders left in the process. I have been told the identity of one, i haven't got any info on the other bid.
    While we are all appreciative of the nuggets you bring us @Redhenry, you are also very economical with the info.

Maybe you don’t know anymore or perhaps can’t reveal but as you can tell we’re all delirious and completely bonkers for this to happen, so if you’re able to be a little more expansive with what info you have, we’d all be terribly terribly grateful.

Otherwise, if this goes on much longer, I see a repeat of the “Lemmings” experiment of, can they fly or not, resurrected on CL, only with us, as the lemmings.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

I thought that we had all agreed with Napa that that it's valued at £77M in which case £50M is a bargain!
  • Love the fact everyone and his dog knows DD has been done but haven't got a Scooby as to who by.

We know exactly who it was done by, but as it was a shell company it doesn’t prove who the money was. In fact, the reason to assume there was any money is the unlimited access RD gave them. He wouldn’t have done that without seeing proof of funds ... you would think.
    Why would you have to have proof of funds?
    You're assuming someone is going to buy us lockand stock.

I'm sure Roland would offer a favourable rate of interest should they want to take control now and pay later.
  • We asked for evidence of funds from Zabeel before letting them start DD I seem to remember (very vaguely)

We know exactly who it was done by, but as it was a shell company it doesn’t prove who the money was. In fact, the reason to assume there was any money is the unlimited access RD gave them. He wouldn’t have done that without seeing proof of funds ... you would think.

I'm sure Roland would offer a favourable rate of interest should they want to take control now and pay later.
    Why would you even hand over control of the playing assets without some evidence of the buyers’ ability to trade? Using Grapevine’s idea of Staprix as a bank, that makes no sense. Even in the financial crisis, banks had lent against assets, even if the counterparty was a poor risk.

Why would you even hand over control of the playing assets without some evidence of the buyers’ ability to trade? Using Grapevine’s idea of Staprix as a bank, that makes no sense. Even in the financial crisis, banks had lent against assets, even if the counterparty was a poor risk.
    Assets yes. A budget away from those assets to actually run a football club with a degree of success. No

Assets yes. A budget away from those assets to actually run a football club with a degree of success. No
    Either way that party has to have assets, which takes us back to RD being persuaded they were credible. Unless, of course, he just took the word of someone he trusted.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!