Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Hex said:

HarryLime said:

Hex said:

bobmunro said:

Pedro45 said:

On hols in USA and bumped into a bunch of middle aged Belgians doing a driving tour. Asked if they knew of Roland and they all laughed. All agreed he was a buffoon (their word) and hoped he would stop trying to influence things where not needed. Nobody had a good word to say about him...

Common theme that when you meet Belgians the man is ridiculed and laughed at but how has he made so much money as a business man it's intriguing to say the least
    There are loads of successful businessmen like that. It is often said that psychopathic tendencies are a trait of successful businesspeople. So long as they just stick to running their business, nobody pays too much attention to them. The moment they step out of what they are good at is when they expose themselves for the people they are. The bloke from Wetherspoons for example. When he talks about Brexit he shows all the insight and understanding of one of his regular customers; but the latter doesn't get to present those opinions on the Today programme.

So when you make your first million, remember to keep a low profile and stick to your knitting, bud. :-)

Arrange these six words into a well known phrase or saying.

"head the nail on hit the"
    The hit on the head nail?

Doesn't make sense.
    He means "The head nail on the hit"

It will be a sad day when M. Duchatelet and his fragrant CEO leave and the club is taken over by foriegners who don't understand football and who get it relegated after running up huge debts. No one in their sane mind would want that so back the owners and the team and stop the protests. We need consistancy and stable ownership by a wealthy owner and that is what we have. The training ground will be completed in a few years time and crowds are the some of the highest in the division. Stop moaning and back the club.
    Knowing our luck, shouldn't we plan for the worse, just in case ?
    Nothing to worry about Hex, our owner is the 16th richest man in Belgium and has appointed a CEO who has won prestigious awards from a top University.
    Sit back and enjoy the success.
    But just suppose the sad day that HI describes came to pass. Then where would we be ?
    What is Sir Phillip Green up to these days?
  • Scoham said:

We couldn't get a decent bid for Konsa & co so I wouldn't expect anything to happen on that Front for a few months minimum

Who other than Konsa is worth "big" money?
    You know better than me mate. But I suspect Konsa, Magennis, Holmes would all attract higher value bids than what we got for Fox, while Aribo, Djiksteel, Kashi, Pearce and Lennon all hold some form of bid value

• Rizzo said:

HarryLime said:

Hex said:

HarryLime said:

Hex said:

bobmunro said:

Pedro45 said:

On hols in USA and bumped into a bunch of middle aged Belgians doing a driving tour. Asked if they knew of Roland and they all laughed. All agreed he was a buffoon (their word) and hoped he would stop trying to influence things where not needed. Nobody had a good word to say about him...

Common theme that when you meet Belgians the man is ridiculed and laughed at but how has he made so much money as a business man it's intriguing to say the least
    There are loads of successful businessmen like that. It is often said that psychopathic tendencies are a trait of successful businesspeople. So long as they just stick to running their business, nobody pays too much attention to them. The moment they step out of what they are good at is when they expose themselves for the people they are. The bloke from Wetherspoons for example. When he talks about Brexit he shows all the insight and understanding of one of his regular customers; but the latter doesn't get to present those opinions on the Today programme.

So when you make your first million, remember to keep a low profile and stick to your knitting, bud. :-)

Doesn't make sense.

It will be a sad day when M. Duchatelet and his fragrant CEO leave and the club is taken over by foriegners who don't understand football and who get it relegated after running up huge debts. No one in their sane mind would want that so back the owners and the team and stop the protests. We need consistancy and stable ownership by a wealthy owner and that is what we have. The training ground will be completed in a few years time and crowds are the some of the highest in the division. Stop moaning and back the club.
    Nothing to worry about Hex, our owner is the 16th richest man in Belgium and has appointed a CEO who has won prestigious awards from a top University.
    But just suppose the sad day that HI describes came to pass. Then where would we be ?
    His neck in shit, hopefully.

Well i read last month that he was in a beach club in Mykonos spraying champagne over people whilst his yacht was moored nearby, so i think he's probably still struggling by.
  • Mrkinski said:

My favourite post arises. And continues to deliver nothing.

One day... one day.
  • edited September 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

The funny thing is, KentLive actually think this is legit...

Do you see a 'Its Happening' gif?

Move Along nothing to see here :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017

Scoham said:

We couldn't get a decent bid for Konsa & co so I wouldn't expect anything to happen on that Front for a few months minimum

Who other than Konsa is worth "big" money?
    You know better than me mate. But I suspect Konsa, Magennis, Holmes would all attract higher value bids than what we got for Fox, while Aribo, Djiksteel, Kashi, Pearce and Lennon all hold some form of bid value

We would get nothing for Aribo or Lennon. Kashi into last year of contract. Outside of Konsa I would be very surprised if we could raise more than a couple of mill combined for the rest of our players. All the family silver has gone. RDs losses are about to balloon, esp now as as Swisdom advises parents of some of our younger academy players are thinking of moving them away from the club
  • bobmunro said:

cafcwill said:

CAFCTrev said:
    Do you see a 'Its Happening' gif?

Move Along nothing to see here :-)
    Too Real :-(
  • PA you must mean my second mil not the first 8)

And the explanation you gave is exactly why I have got others involved in my business who understand and have a more business minded approach to our future than just the passion and drive I have although I am learning from him very quickly and he is learning the world I am in perfect fit together

And we both love brexit so win win

• Rizzo said:

HarryLime said:

Hex said:

HarryLime said:

Hex said:

bobmunro said:

Pedro45 said:

Doesn't make sense.

His neck in shit, hopefully.

Well i read last month that he was in a beach club in Mykonos spraying champagne over people whilst his yacht was moored nearby, so i think he's probably still struggling by.
    Poor bugger. I bet his application for Tax Credits hasn't been processed yet either.

#PrayForPhil
  • Derek1952 said:

Another False Dawn?

I'm not sure you're allowed to call it that in these gender-fluid-aware times.

I think it's got to be something like "Transitioning Dawn".
    NO !!!!!

Has to be " Transitioning Dawn/Ted ".
  • So people talk about Roland trying to make money out our club, but do we know how much money he makes out the other football clubs he owns.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the reason these rumours are failing is because of a lack of faith on our part. Surely everyone can see with this latest rumour coinciding with the Takeover UoG promotion that the signs are there.

Let's be positive and get this one over the line. 100% faith .... hang on, that's another thread !
  • Bump

Thought it was about time this thread made a comeback given the small glimmer of hope from Airman in the latest VOTV.

Anyone got anything to share ?

Couple of weeks ago I heard that there was a bid in for close to what Roland was looking for but I didn't find out anything more. I'm guessing that RD was looking for Konsa money and to see if we are going to get promoted. If what I heard was true of course.

Over to you.
  • Roland earns £5m a WEEK from his business interests - If he wanted us sold, he would sell us and take the loss.
  • Perhaps he's having trouble finding Daisy another £200K a year sinecure post and that's what's holding everything up!
  • Roland earns £5m a WEEK from his business interests - If he wanted us sold, he would sell us and take the loss.

But I think he wants us sold under his terms. That's been the sticking point hasn't it ? He might be prepared to take a hit but he's a shrewd businessman.

Does he really make £5million a week ? Can't believe that.
  • what was Airman's small glimmer of hope out of interest?
  • Is it that time of the month again?
  • Perhaps not of intrest but José Riga got sacked today by Cercle Bruges ...
  • I heard a couple of weeks ago that this hasn't actually gone away and is still smouldering
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!