Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• razil said:

Hate to state the bleeding obvious but the lovely chaps who run this site will no doubt edit the title when anything changes, so please stop moaning about hundreds more posts.

Until that time this thread is essentially for the purpose of, well I think you know..

I saw Airman's done deal tweet and comments relating to it prior to the official non-DOME mods updating the title.

Hopefully DOME will be brought in house Imminently so we can update the title.
  • Swisdom said:

If either of the parties was seriously interested in us and were also seriously wealthy then £25m or £45m wouldn't really be a problem. If they are that mega rich and have visions of the Premiership then they know they will be getting Premier league money in a few years and therefore the club would be worth a lot more than currently.

What this tells me is neither interested party has mega wealth because in the grand scheme of things - ie Premier league money - £25m isn't that much

Yeah why don't they give him £77m and be done with it , they're not a charity(although they will be to us , when they buy us) and I don't think they're in it for the money , how many clubs actually make money in the Premiership
  • So RD wants 45-50m, interested parties have apparently offered 25m.

Let's compromise on 35m and get that old c*nt out of here. Please.
  • So RD wants 45-50m, interested parties have apparently offered 25m.

Let's compromise on 35m and get that old c*nt out of here. Please.

I can't see RD agreeing to that unfortunately.
  • edited February 2018

Swisdom said:

If either of the parties was seriously interested in us and were also seriously wealthy then £25m or £45m wouldn't really be a problem. If they are that mega rich and have visions of the Premiership then they know they will be getting Premier league money in a few years and therefore the club would be worth a lot more than currently.

What this tells me is neither interested party has mega wealth because in the grand scheme of things - ie Premier league money - £25m isn't that much

Spot on. Been saying this for months. We would have been bought a decade ago if we were viable.
    The TV money in the PL is vastly more than it was ten years ago - 18 PL clubs made an operating profit in 15/16. Obviously the club isn't viable outside the PL and is never going to be. Inside the PL it's a whole different equation.
  • edited February 2018

Swisdom said:

Spot on. Been saying this for months. We would have been bought a decade ago if we were viable.
    The TV money in the PL is vastly more than it was ten years ago - 18 PL clubs made an operating profit in 15/16. Obviously the club isn't viable outside the PL and is never going to be. Inside the PL it's a whole different equation.
    surely AB that applies to 99% of clubs our size outside the Premier which would be a significant number?

Is it also possible the Aussies were closer on price but dont have funds?
  • I'm certain every savvy business person would pay nearly double what they value an asset at. Makes a lot of sense.
  • edited February 2018
    razil said:

Swisdom said:

surely AB that applies to 99% of clubs our size outside the Premier which would be a large number?

Is it also possible the Aussies were closer on price but dont have funds?
    Agreed. That's why saying the club isn't viable doesn't really mean anything. The Football League isn't viable. Every club of any size is chasing the PL money. What you buy is a ticket in that lottery.

It's entirely possible the Aussies don't have the funds (or aren't willing to commit what they do have), but this interest has been going on a very long while. It seems surprising it is still being entertained if they haven't been able to demonstrate that they can complete the deal. Unless RD is using the Aussies just to try to lever third parties.

Bear in mind that both Jimenez and Duchatelet appeared on the scene late on. It's highly unusual for a party to stick around for six months to a year, especially if they have no previous history with the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't see how we can plan that far ahead for next season anyway, as we don't know what division we will be in, and that will affect transfer targets and who leaves.

Well, you have two sets of targets depending on what division you are in. Some players won't join unless you get promoted anyway and some you will ditch because they will not be wanted if you are promoted. Do you think teams in the play offs wait till the end of May and then worry about it? Discussions start now, or should do.
    Nothing to stop KR and Gallen doing some planning themselves. Indeed that's Gallen's job, and he'll know what's realistic even if we have new owners with money to spend. As the window doesn't open for another 3 months a month's delay in the takeover is hardly going to destroy our summer transfer activity
  • PaddyP17 said:

... Why do I keep reading this thread?

To find out when we are moving to the Peninsula
  • I don't see how we can plan that far ahead for next season anyway, as we don't know what division we will be in, and that will affect transfer targets and who leaves.

Well, you have two sets of targets depending on what division you are in. Some players won't join unless you get promoted anyway and some you will ditch because they will not be wanted if you are promoted. Do you think teams in the play offs wait till the end of May and then worry about it? Discussions start now, or should do.
    Nothing to stop KR and Gallen doing some planning themselves. Indeed that's Gallen's job, and he'll know what's realistic even if we have new owners with money to spend. As the window doesn't open for another 3 months a month's delay in the takeover is hardly going to destroy our summer transfer activity
    Except most clubs will have been talking to agents by now trying to get things sorted. Obviously they are subject to change. Even if KR and Gallen are doing this right now its gonna be a hard sell to persuade a player to come here given they have no idea if KR will be in the job or not come the beginning of the summer and the uncertainty of the whole ownership is up in the air who knows what direction they will want to take. If new owners arent in place then will we get a repeat of the Jan window just gone where Karl was promised money and (supposedly) had 4 players ready to come in only for it to be pulled from under him. Think its gonna be difficult to get a player to even consider us at the moment.
  • Would planning for the future, at any time in any way shape or form, need a head of finance at the club?
    Nearly the end of February.
  • seth plum said:

Would planning for the future, at any time in any way shape or form, need a head of finance at the club?
    Nearly the end of February.

CEO could be useful too...
  • Sounds like Duchatelet wants to hold onto rights to player fees like he did with Batshuayi at Standard Liege. I'm sure our fully competent friends at the FA and EFL wouldn't allow that form of third party ownership.

I wouldn't be so sure
  • Redhenry said:

Largest bid is 25mill, no one's upping their bid. That's where we are!

But there are “no bids” so how can there be a “largest” one?

I’m not questioning you, Redhenry, because there is various misinformation being spread, but Murray is the one who said publicly and on the record two weeks ago that price isn’t a problem. How come it is now? Unless the price has changed.

Four weeks ago the story I heard was that the Australians had agreed to pay £25m for the land (Valley and training ground) and were negotiating around £20m for the club. Hence £45m.

That valuation for the club appears high, but is likely to be based on the Gomez, Lookman add-ons and the expected fee for Konsa, as well as others. I’m now hearing that the value being put on past and future transfer deals is the stumbling block.

If the parties were very far apart or there was no prospect of an early sale two weeks ago, Murray surely wouldn’t be saying the opposite on the record. What’s in it for him to do so?
    Now, THAT'S what I call genuine info, Douche.

AB answers a lot of the questions posed on here in one fell swoop.....albeit that he stated this was what he "heard", indicating to me that he was not necessarily 100% certain of its validity.

Simple, concise sharing of information. End of.

You, dear fellow Lifer would do well to follow his example if you want to remain on Fanny's Xmas card list.

:smile:
    CLASS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Any more the redbull and moving to Morden Wharf rumour please.
  • Sollied said:

Redhenry said:

Price has been the issue.

Do you know which group’s bid is for 25 mil?
    Ask Doucher ................... Oh & in which language was the bid made ?
  • Why exactly does Doucher regularly get crucified on here for putting his own updates on here - is it because we all want a take over and his info is that it is not happening right now? Really not sensible to shoot the messenger.

Few I've told you so's on here right now, who in reality have told you next to nothing
  • Swisdom said:

Well by that reasoning he might as well hold out for £100M.
  • What I honestly don't understand is why any successful person would buy a football club at all. Let alone one which needs to run at a loss to compete in the championship.

There are only 4 types of people I can see wanting to buy an "average sized" club.

1) mega rich fan (Jack Walker type) assume we don't have one else it would of happened a decade ago.

2) Money no object oil states, (man city type) I can't see us being overly attractive compared to other clubs.

3) Someone who can see a distressed asset that they can buy cheap and spin a property deal, or similar, to make a quick buck on. (Spiv type)

4) A buyer who thinks they can use an existing network of clubs, agents, scouts or academies to run the club "differently". Thus being competitive " on the cheap ". (A Roland type).

I think we can safely rule out type 1, pray for type 2, the asking price rules out 3 IMHO so that leaves number 4!!!

I happen to think the " network " could of worked if it was administrated by experienced, competent people. Who had expert knowledge of the markets and competition they were operating in.
  • DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

Well by that reasoning he might as well hold out for £100M.
    As I say - If I had billions in the bank I'd pay £50m for something worth £25m if I was confident that I'd be picking up £200m a year in a couple of years as opposed to nothing by not going for it.

He wants £45m or £50m

I know seriously wealthy people don't get where they are by being daft with money - but I bet you they've all taken calculated risks to get where they are. That's what we are. If you were confident of bankrolling us into the Premier league then this additional £25m woulddn't peturb you...provided you were mega rich in the first place
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!