Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cafc-west said:

Redhenry said:

Largest bid is 25mill, no one's upping their bid. That's where we are!

That sounds a sensible bid. Sooner or later he will have to accept or, as @Airman Brown has said - he will have to put more and more money in to keep going - or run it into the ground and lose everything.
    Or stagger on and sell Konsa and increase the debt as well.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

what does it say, can't access twitter?
    He just re-posted the "Done deal" tweet from Airman - it's a hilarious joke.
  • Price has been the issue.
  • Redhenry said:

If the parties were very far apart or there was no prospect of an early sale two weeks ago, Murray surely wouldn’t be saying the opposite on the record. What’s in it for him to do so?
    Ego and attention, as always.

Mr. Murray has said a lot of things over the last ten years.
  • Redhenry said:

Price has been the issue.

Do you know which group’s bid is for 25 mil?
  • 350 new posts? Can I assume we have still not been sold.
  • Redhenry said:

Thanks for that @Redhenry Seems, to me at least, a reasonable price and close to what Deloittes valued the club in the Spivs time.
    Agree that price is reasonable. I can't fine/remember what RD was supposed to want - was it something like £50K?

• Redhenry said:

Thanks for that @Redhenry Seems, to me at least, a reasonable price and close to what Deloittes valued the club in the Spivs time.
    Agree that price is reasonable. I can't fine/remember what RD was supposed to want - was it something like £50K?
    That figure was mentioned as has been £45m.
  • Skim read through them... WE HAVE NOT BEEN SOLD YET.

Just in case anyone is wondering.

Also it's Deloitte not Deloittes, I am working closely with them on a project at the moment and would suggest that they can be wrong, though I am yet to see it.

Very, very reliable on valuations for our organisation.

• Redhenry said:

That figure was mentioned as has been £45m.
    Thanks.

That's a hell of a difference! I suspect he's been trying to play one off against another and as that's obviously not working where does that leave him? I can't see him climbing down that much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well it’s only a matter of time before the prospective buyers walk away.

I have a feeling this is now as strong a possibility as a sale going through.

Some already have and McLeish has said.

On the otherhand the A Muir Aussie Group appear to have put a bid on the table and said "That's our offer, we're not upping it but we're not walking away".

It's a game of poker so we have to wait and see who blinks first.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Ii think airmans out of the meddles coz he was too focused on stating RM wanted to b part of the deal in October and god knows what he was thinking when he said done deal recently

Now it is not very often at all that I post anything serious on here, now can you please answer the following question.

What is the nationality of the interested party/parties?

As you were asked earlier.
    can u not read?
    So are you not going to tell ME the nationality?
    no hunt for clues around 7ish
    6.41 post to be precise although why i bother i don't know, i just end up fending off flack because my information is different to airman browns but so be it - apparently my sources are either incorrect or liars and his aren't .... righto

By Christ I think he's finally got it.
  • edited February 2018

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

Laddick01 said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Nug said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

So two of our most trusted ITK posted are at complete polar opposites as to where this shower of shit episode is.

Who's your money on?

Pointed that out a while back as well - Dare I say it but even the most blinkered will end up admitting I am the only poster with cast iron facts - and I'm not even bothered about being ITK!!!!
    If you are someone that is "not even bothered about being in the know", why are you on here constantly banging on about how you are in the know ?

Tell us what you know, if you do know, or shut the &%$£ up !
    I do and i have so shove it up your ring
    You are a very good WUM which isn’t a compliment. Are you this much of a dickhead on a day to day basis? Even if you did know what’s going on you have a very strange way of communicating it. I don’t think any of you know what’s going on.
    bang on cue one one of the head up there own arse gang - how do u want me to communicate it?
    I want you to communicate it through the medium of fucking off and getting a life.
    i will not debate with you for obvious reasons
    Because you’d lose?
    Says he who wants me banned - and I'm one of the few posters on here with genuine information to offer - I'll leave it at that - no point arguing with you lot, u don't want to know
    Share what you can then and in time you'll be proven right and people will see they can trust you/your sources.
    Just playing devils advocate here - isn’t that what has happened? He said all of his info contradicts Airman and points to no ‘done deal’, and, well, here we are a good while later and - still no deal.

It’s easy to call no deal though isn’t it?

Here’s my statement....charlton will not be sold before 12 noon today

I’m confident I will be right but have no evidence to suggest this, this doesn’t mean I have any inside knowledge, I’m playing the safe game in that statement. It’s difficult for people with info to provide accurate dates and they shouldn’t be shot down for providing little snippets of information

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The noises from club suggest a sale will happen soon. Everyone just chill and enjoy the fact that Roland is about to lose another £750k when he has to pay wages next week
  • Time for a protest methinks.
  • partt of me is glad its not going through this week, i'm on a stag in amsterdam this weekend. Would've been gutted to miss football for a fiver post the douche.

• Redhenry said:

Fairly sure somebody could have afforded £50,000.00
  • partt of me is glad its not going through this week, i'm on a stag in amsterdam this weekend. Would've been gutted to miss football for a fiver post the douche.

haha - yeah I can't make this Saturday either and am pretty pleased it looks like it will roll on (hopefully the Fleetwood game - purely for selfish personal reasons)
  • Sponsored links:

• Really now we're wishing for a later date?
  • Hate to state the bleeding obvious but the lovely chaps who run this site will no doubt edit the title when anything changes, so please stop moaning about hundreds more posts.

Until that time this thread is essentially for the purpose of, well I think you know..
  • edited February 2018

Sounds like Duchatelet wants to hold onto rights to player fees like he did with Batshuayi at Standard Liege. I'm sure our fully competent friends at the FA and EFL wouldn't allow that form of third party ownership.

I don't think it is third-party ownership? If, for example, RD was entitled to a fixed sum or a percentage of any fee for Konsa, I'm not sure it would be any different from Charlton being due a sell-on from Liverpool for Gomez. Or that money being due to a bank on receipt. Nobody would argue that Charlton - or the bank - currently "own" Gomez.
  • the way people get rich and stay rich is by being tight, or by being a criminal/oligarch/fedual overlord.
  • Swisdom said:

If either of the parties was seriously interested in us and were also seriously wealthy then £25m or £45m wouldn't really be a problem. If they are that mega rich and have visions of the Premiership then they know they will be getting Premier league money in a few years and therefore the club would be worth a lot more than currently.

What this tells me is neither interested party has mega wealth because in the grand scheme of things - ie Premier league money - £25m isn't that much

Spot on. Been saying this for months. We would have been bought a decade ago if we were viable.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!