Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Guys! Stop!

Let's be clear... Has anyone, anyone at all, at any point, denied that there is no evidence of nothing happening?

I'm sorry, there are too many negatives in there for me to work out the question. Is the question 'Is something happening'?' Is this to do with the frozen prawns?
  • DOUCHER said:

Ii think airmans out of the meddles coz he was too focused on stating RM wanted to b part of the deal in October and god knows what he was thinking when he said done deal recently

Now it is not very often at all that I post anything serious on here, now can you please answer the following question.

What is the nationality of the interested party/parties?

As you were asked earlier.
  • Now, I’ve read some of the most mental shite and utter bollocks on this thread in the last few months, I’ve even contributed to it....but blokes actually suggesting they’d turn down a bunk up off Kerry Katona, even post-Iceland frozen prawns and chicken bites for breakfast, lunch and dinner, is just damn right lies. Who are these people kidding???

Gary, after this and Katie Hopkins you are about one more bad choice away from an intervention mate
    Great idea of a threesome there mate!
  • DOUCHER said:

Ii think airmans out of the meddles coz he was too focused on stating RM wanted to b part of the deal in October and god knows what he was thinking when he said done deal recently

Now it is not very often at all that I post anything serious on here, now can you please answer the following question.

Don’t tell him Pike

• edited February 2018
    From another forum, I have no idea what the truth (if there is any) actually is, but thought I would copy and post, make of it what you will-:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have been told by those who probably know as much as anyone that far from the 'deal done' claims that were being prematurely celebrated two weeks ago without any evidence in fact, the harsh reality is that no bid has yet been deemed acceptable by the owner. And in at least one case, he is not convinced that the prospective buyer has the finance in place.

I'm not sure that is necessarily all bad news, though. The best thing might be to park the negotiations for the next couple of months and let Robinson and his players concentrate on getting us into the play-offs.

Even this owner would surely turn up to see his team at Wembley and that would be a good time to give him a right royal Charlton send-off!

My only thought on that is Murray said money is not the issue and he thought the sale would go through in February.
  • JamesSeed said:

Guys! Stop!

Let's be clear... Has anyone, anyone at all, at any point, denied that there is no evidence of nothing happening?

I'm sorry, there are too many negatives in there for me to work out the question. Is the question 'Is something happening'?' Is this to do with the frozen prawns?
    Whoosh! -... Yes! my first Whoosh. wow i can feel it coursing through my veins

• I thought this might be helpful -

Quid sit futurum cras, fuge quaerere

'Nuff said.
  • ahemmm

i have been saying this for weeks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have been told by those who probably know as much as anyone that far from the 'deal done' claims that were being prematurely celebrated two weeks ago without any evidence in fact, the harsh reality is that no bid has yet been deemed acceptable by the owner. And in at least one case, he is not convinced that the prospective buyer has the finance in place.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought this might be helpful -

Quid sit futurum cras, fuge quaerere

'Nuff said.

So the deal will be completed on the Ides of March. I heard it on the way to the Forum. The buyers are a consortium headed by CAesar and CAssius.
  • I’ll get my coat/toga.
  • JamesSeed said:

Guys! Stop!

Not that it was obvious in any way. Sorry :-(
  • Solidgone said:

I’m sure someone will write a book about this takeo thread.

Chapter 8: The German Horse

Chapter 17: Katona and snorting prawns.

It’s just got the ring of a best seller!

Leuth's your man!
  • I just think you guys that are in ITK should bugger off to that pathetic bite size thread. And you can stuff all your righteousness right up the cupboard end and leave us deranged delusional creative optimistic groovy people who enjoy backflips when goals are scored.
  • I now have it on good authority that our new owner is.

Kerry Katona

And The Valley will be relocated to Wigan.
    Warrington
    Warrington Minge? [A joke for older Lifers]
  • The way it's going, looks like it'll be the 12th; the 12th of never
  • From another forum, I have no idea what the truth (if there is any) actually is, but thought I would copy and post, make of it what you will-:

I'm not sure that is necessarily all bad news, though. The best thing might be to park the negotiations for the next couple of months and let Robinson and his players concentrate on getting us into the play-offs.

Even this owner would surely turn up to see his team at Wembley and that would be a good time to give him a right royal Charlton send-off!

My only thought on that is Murray said money is not the issue and he thought the sale would go through in February

Duchatelet: “I want more money from you for the club. And until you give it to me, I will keep spending more and more of the money I already have and charge you for that as well. So there!”

• Duchatelet: “I want more money from you for the club. And until you give it to me, I will keep spending more and more of the money I already have. So there!”

Surely that assumes the "done deal" was for immediate (ish) exchange of cash AND assuming liability for ongoing costs etc. Couldn't it be the deal was for the cash to buy but Duchatelet was on the hook for day to day costs etc until say the end of the season. Hypothetical on my part but given uncertainty on final league position not impossible deal included some ongoing liability for RD for a period.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Guys! Stop!

Not that it was obvious in any way. Sorry :-(
    groan...i am coming down now. The rush doesn't last long. Looking for my next hit already. :)
  • I’m still hoping for the 27th!
    Was really hoping to have this done before footy for a fiver.
    Would have boosted the gate
  • The way it's going, looks like it'll be the 12th; the 12th of never

Anyway, how’s your bum?

• Duchatelet: “I want more money from you for the club. And until you give it to me, I will keep spending more and more of the money I already have. So there!”

Surely that assumes the "done deal" was for immediate (ish) exchange of cash AND assuming liability for ongoing costs etc. Couldn't it be the deal was for the cash to buy but Duchatelet was on the hook for day to day costs etc until say the end of the season. Hypothetical on my part but given uncertainty on final league position not impossible deal included some ongoing liability for RD for a period.
    ..and maybe now just trying to extract a larger sale price if he has another interested party I.e. he has an ongoing commitment regardless fir a while and is jjust haggling in the bit he thinks he might still influence. Not saying he will be successful in that negotiation but maybe it's not cash now and immediate capping of losses.
  • edited February 2018
    Oh god!!!
  • I am in no doubt that a deal will be done but the worry is that if it isn't done by the summer then we are set for yet another season in League One after next season as we should be planning now for next season, talking to agents etc. By the time we get to the table it will be too late.
  • I don't see how we can plan that far ahead for next season anyway, as we don't know what division we will be in, and that will affect transfer targets and who leaves.
  • In the words of the great Russell we just need to be patient. We know we’re being sold and we’re the closest we’ve ever been. If waiting another month or 2 means getting it over the line then so be it. In the meantime making digs at the few fellow fans that are in the position to try and keep fans in the loop is the worst thing we can do. We’re so close to a whole new era for the club yet we’re still letting Roland divide us.
  • DOUCHER said:

Swedish
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!