Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

Would be interesting to know what Arabs is based on, presumably more than just Red Henry's post?

Rick Everett article.
  • Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Would be interesting to know what Arabs is based on, presumably more than just Red Henry's post?

Rick Everett article.
    But he's never mentioned Arabs before.
  • Solidgone said:

Redhenry said:

Haha @The Red Robin has just posted something interesting re the takeover and your still going off topic

#Redhenry can you add more to the “Arabs” referred to by rick?
    United Arabs perhaps...?
    Bashar al Assad with our luck.
  • Was there not Kuwaiti interest a year back with Peter Varney? I know he has said he's not involved but potentially the same party is. Pure guesswork btw
  • So, Kuwait, Bahrain or Saudi?
  • Uboat said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Rick Everett article.
    Well he has now.
  • Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Rick Everett article.
    I meant whether Rick had other info or based it on what Red Henry said.
  • Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Rick Everett article.
    I meant whether Rick had other info or based it on what Red Henry said.
    Oh, thought you had not seen it.

That said, when I read the article it seemed to me that Rick was talking from personal knowledge, not just heresay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Rick Everett article.
    Well he has now.
    I'm referring to the question covered above. Are there two people independently saying Arabs or one person saying it followed by a second one reporting that?
  • edited March 2018
    انه يحدث

• JamesSeed said:

That's the unauthorised reprint, with a photo of Jimmy Seed taken on the day he became the Millwall manager, on the cover. Happy, smiling Millwall players in the background. Good boxset though, apart from that.
    If we sued for breach of copyright, would Duchatelet have to pay?
    Never realised there were bootleg books & this was a set of them.
  • I'm on the Edgware Road at the moment. I'll make a few enquiries.
  • edited March 2018

Not based on Red Henry’s comments, but clearly I am aware of them too. It’s mentioned in the Voice.

Nice to see us getting some coverage in Britain’s favourite Black newspaper
  • Not based on Red Henry’s comments, but clearly I am aware of them too. It’s mentioned in the Voice.

Are we close to this all being over @Airman Brown ?
  • edited March 2018
    Dizzle said:

Not based on Red Henry’s comments, but clearly I am aware of them too. It’s mentioned in the Voice.

Nice to see us getting some coverage in Britain’s favourite Black newspaper
    Indeed; and there is a pull-out 4 page colour spread in " The Gleaner " as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed copies?image

Now you're showing off. Tommy?
  • Seen the it's happening gif too many times.

• Not based on Red Henry’s comments, but clearly I am aware of them too. It’s mentioned in the Voice.

It states “Arabs” but hasn’t actually pinpointed whom it is or is this just a feeling it could be “Arabs”. Since this thread has been going we have had the Australians, Swiss, Scottish, Swedish, Americans and Germans.
    It’s all well an good naming a country, or now even continent where these potential buyers are aiming from but is there anything concrete to back these rumours up, let’s be honest we have had a few false dawns and one day one will happen but by then we would have all lost interest as we would have heard it all before.
  • Robinson being ‘allowed’ to resign has to mean something is close surely
  • Arabs? We're being taken over by Dundee Utd fans?!
  • Laddick01 said:

Robinson being ‘allowed’ to resign has to mean something is close surely

Doubt he has been 'allowed' to.

I imagine he's decided to resign without compensation or has come to an agreement with RD which is why the story was leaked yesterday.
  • Why would Karl get compensation? He wouldn't get compensation, he would have to pay compensation for breaching his contract i.e. walking out. I'm assuming it's been paid by Oxford or has been waived, possibly by negotiation, as Duchatelet may have been in breach of various verbal agreements.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!