Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DA9 said:

Richard Crawley just stated on Talksport that he was told today that a deal is not far off

Not Far Off in the Charlton geological time scale represents something like the difference between the Pre-Cambrian and Pleistocene eras..
    I never knew Morph was that old
  • DA9 said:

Richard Crawley just stated on Talksport that he was told today that a deal is not far off

Not Far Off in the Charlton geological time scale represents something like the difference between the Pre-Cambrian and Pleistocene eras..
    Someone has digested a dictionary this morning! Great post.

• https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6382231109580791808
    Finance guys at Charlton Athletic Football Club - learning a lot and building relationships for the future.
  • edited March 2018
    22.3.18 Summary

It's been another quiet week in Takeover Land.

Karl Robinson claimed that the takeover was up in air after the defeat to Blackpool although how much that was about diverting attention away from the dismal performance and how much was new information is open to debate.

CARD responding to this and the lack of further information from Richard Murray or Duchatelet by calling for protests from the Rotherham game onward, in both SE7 and Belgium.

@Redhenry had stated that the very rich party he is aware of is still very much in the game.

One comment, believed to be referring Redhenry's party, stated "The deal is mega, chairman already in place"

@Airman Brown mentioned Australians and "Arabs" as being the two parties involved in an article for Talksport.

Richard Cawley has said on Talksport that a takeover is "not far off" but isn't saying who or when.

@Redhenry and @Airman Brown both believe it to be very close with Airman saying that the "intention is Monday" (26/3) and @Redhenry saying it's not "his lot" which suggests it's the Aussies.

Paul Elliot mentioned as new Chairman.

Meanwhile,

Karl Robinson was allowed to leave by mutual consent after revealing that he has twice tried to resign. He is expected to join Oxford United.

Lee Bowyer, assisted by Johnnie Jackson, has been placed in charge of the team.

• CafcSCP said:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6382231109580791808
    Finance guys at Charlton Athletic Football Club - learning a lot and building relationships for the future.

CafcSCP said:

It's a seminar given by Accenture to finance professionals from another company. Nothing to do with Charlton Athletic (other than the fact they've hired the conference room). Although, as there's no bugger there any more they could have just walked in off the street and set up free and gratis :smile:
  • JWADDICK said:

CafcSCP said:

CafcSCP said:

It's a seminar given by Accenture to finance professionals from another company. Nothing to do with Charlton Athletic (other than the fact they've hired the conference room). Although, as there's no bugger there any more they could have just walked in off the street and set up free and gratis :smile:
    Keeps the sandwich maker busy though - no bad thing there.

• JWADDICK said:

CafcSCP said:

CafcSCP said:

Just thought the last line was amusing about building relationships!! CAFC should maybe attend.
  • What’s meant by ‘chairman already in place?’
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be very interesting if a group does have a chairman ready to go. Would suggest we are pretty close.
  • CAFCsayer said:

What’s meant by ‘chairman already in place?’

I think Varney is their man if this is true
    That's where my money would go.
  • Ok gotcha, cheers.
  • bobmunro said:

22.3.18 Summary

Speculation continues but few hard facts.

Karl Robinson claimed that the takeover was up in air after the defeat to Blackpool although how much that was about diverting attention away from the dismal performance and how much was new information is open to debate.

CARD responding to this and the lack of further information from Richard Murray or Duchatelet by calling for protests from the Rotherham game onward, in both SE7 and Belgium.

@Redhenry states that the very rich party he is aware of is still very much in the game.

One comment, believed to be referring Redhenry's party, stated "The deal is mega, chairman already in place"

@Airman Brown mentioned Australians and "Arabs" as being the two parties involved in an article for Talksport.

Richard Cawley has said on Talksport that a takeover is "not far off" but isn't saying who or when.

Karl Robinson was allowed to leave by mutual consent after revealing that he has twice tried to resign. He is expected to join Oxford United.

Wow - I must have missed that comment.
    Same - where was this comment @Henry Irving? Who said it?
  • Scoham said:

bobmunro said:

22.3.18 Summary

@Redhenry states that the very rich party he is aware of is still very much in the game.

I would guess that's confidential - the person probably wouldn't want to be named.
  • Surely the Aussie Consortium should have some sort of idea who'll be Chairman too?

Dont really want anyone bidding for the club if they've not already got their hierarchy sorted out as its akin to a bid being accepted with the winning bidders then going: "Great, best get ourselves organised internally"

Would stink of another potential mess
  • I'd point out that if you listen to Robinson's interviews the only 'facts' he shares are that he has no update. He then goes on to theorise himself about what that could be mean - could be days, weeks, months, might never happen etc. The only thing he confirms he was told, though, is that there is no update.

He used this to paint a much bleaker picture of the situation to cover his tracks at Blackpool.

• Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

or Paul Elliott?
  • CAFCsayer said:

or Paul Elliott?
    Thought Varney said he was not involved with any bid?
  • Redhenry said:

Something happening soon. Is not my lot

It’s the Aussies then?
  • edited March 2018
    bobmunro said:

Scoham said:

bobmunro said:

22.3.18 Summary

I would guess that's confidential - the person probably wouldn't want to be named.
    It's on the site - also says the protests could ruin it...so i guess we're just believing the bit we want to believe...
  • Redhenry said:

Have 'your' lot walked away now then @Redhenry ?
  • Redhenry said:

Boooooo hissssss. *Retracts comments if they turn out to be good
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!