Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

All subject to League rules btw

I trust you will reveal all when this sorry tale finally reaches its conclusion?
  • edited March 2018
    JWADDICK said:

redbuttle said:

If its Monday, then what a birthday present that'll be for me!!!! I'll have a lot more to celebrate than just another year!!! "Go on make my (birth) day"

Red Midland has exactly the same birthday as me (same year as well)
    Don't you have the same birthday every year?
  • redbuttle said:

JWADDICK said:

redbuttle said:

If its Monday, then what a birthday present that'll be for me!!!! I'll have a lot more to celebrate than just another year!!! "Go on make my (birth) day"

You have exactly the same birthday as me (same year as well)
    Don't you have the same birthday every year?

My date of birth is the same as yours..
    I bet it's not.
  • J BLOCK said:

Any indication on the wealth of the Aussies?

Andrew Muir sold his Good Guys business for $870m Australian a short while back.

We don't know who else, if anyone, is involved
  • Redhenry said:

Pleased and gutted at the same time

Surely if your interested party didn't match the Aussies then that perhaps says a lot about their ambition, might have been trying to make a quick profit like Roland rather than look to take us to the next level?

Either way exciting times ahead and let's hope this is finally it
  • Monday seems to be the intention.

If Kewell wasnt first choice can you enlighten us to who was?
  • edited March 2018
    Redhenry said:

All subject to Rugby League rules btw

Can't trust these egg chasing Aussies

• J BLOCK said:

Any indication on the wealth of the Aussies?

Andrew Muir sold his Good Guys business for $870k Australian a short while back.

We don't know who else, if anyone, is involved
    Think you meant 870m
  • Redhenry said:

Surely if your interested party didn't match the Aussies then that perhaps says a lot about their ambition, might have been trying to make a quick profit like Roland rather than look to take us to the next level?

This. If a super ambitious super rich owner wants to buy you, they buy you.

I’m just pleased something is near because I truly believe the football club can’t be more toxic than it is right now.

• Sponsored links:

• Lolo Talksport Duchat mix
  • cafc_will said:

Lolo Talksport Duchat mix

Mental...

• Angeldust seems happy with the possibility.

I'm happy with about 99% of people who aren't Roland.
  • Well Mr Elliott is spot on with his timing
  • vffvff
    edited March 2018
    It appears that the Aussies have won over Red Henry’s apparently minted lot. I am bleedin’ hoping that a decent plan is in place for the time it’s taken, displacement of an alleged potentially better bid, & the amount of suffering Charlton supporters have gone through over the last seasons.

Will look to see what terms of the takeover is & what the plan is, who the people involved are, the reasons for buying Charlton & what the levels of investment will be. Also that Duchatelet is truly gone.

I really want to be happy & positive about a bright new future without Duchatelet.
  • Paul likes to wear sandals too.

Surely that should be 99.99999999999%
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Angeldust seems happy with the possibility.

Surely that should be 99.99999999999%
    There are some pretty bad owners out there... the Spivs, Oystons, Vincent Tan... we'd have to be very unlucky to end up with three dodgy owners in a row.............
  • Laddick01 said:

Redhenry said:

This. If a super ambitious super rich owner wants to buy you, they buy you.

I’m just pleased something is near because I truly believe the football club can’t be more toxic than it is right now.

That's how I see it mate, if they really wanted us they would match any offer and more.

Let's see what the future brings though ey, it simply has to be better than the last 5 years, we aren't that unlucky.

What’s their line ? @cafc_harry
  • I don't know if this has any bearing on the proceedings but I was talking to someone the other day about Old Elthamians Rugby Club and I was told about the owners ambitions to get them into the Aviva Premiership. Next season they have signed Shalk Brits from Saracens and he's going to drag along a few of his mates. Now, the guy who funds OERFC is absolutely minted and I understand that he's applied for some sort of gambling licence in the US* which will make his current wealth look like petty cash. In order for OERFC to play at the highest level they will need to have a stadium and from what I was told, the preferred choice is the Valley rather than building a new purpose built stadium. If the Aussie's were looking for funding in the City, could they have got it from the guy who owns Secure Trading? Obviously, there is no absolute credence to this story, just me putting two and two together to come up with five. But it's a great conspiracy theory.

*Not sure of the accuracy of this info but I was the worse for wear at the time
  • vff said:

Angeldust seems happy with the possibility.

What’s their line ? @cafc_harry
    “Close. A fantastic opportunity for the club if it gets over the line.”
  • realistically there is a lot of work needed off the pitch as well as on in terms of doing things properly .I think we ve just got to revert to the type of sensible,conservative,build slowly style management that we had post return to the valley.Just like to see sensible management and fan engagement and a team on the pitch that fight for the shirt and the fans (whatever the division)
  • I have heard a rumour that its not the Aussies....Americans
  • _MrDick said:

I don't know if this has any bearing on the proceedings but I was talking to someone the other day about Old Elthamians Rugby Club and I was told about the owners ambitions to get them into the Aviva Premiership. Next season they have signed Shalk Brits from Saracens and he's going to drag along a few of his mates. Now, the guy who funds OERFC is absolutely minted and I understand that he's applied for some sort of gambling licence in the US* which will make his current wealth look like petty cash. In order for OERFC to play at the highest level they will need to have a stadium and from what I was told, the preferred choice is the Valley rather than building a new purpose built stadium. If the Aussie's were looking for funding in the City, could they have got it from the guy who owns Secure Trading? Obviously, there is no absolute credence to this story, just me putting two and two together to come up with five. But it's a great conspiracy theory.

*Not sure of the accuracy of this info but I was the worse for wear at the time

Seems rather long term given Old Elthamians are only mid table in Nat 1 at the moment, so still need to get promoted from there next season, then get promoted from the Championship (which will contain the likes of London Irish, Leeds etc). Don't doubt the blokes ambition but it could be a number of years before they are anywhere close to playing Premiership rugby!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!