Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Will be over the moon when the evil Belgian no longer features in ANYTHING to do with Charlton - but my enthusiasm - no doubt shared by many on here - will be held in check until we ascertain just what the new owners intentions are. Will they chuck untold millions at the playing side in order to get promotion quickly, or will it be a steady progression that aims to get us back into the Premiership within say 4 years? Only time will tell but I can't believe they have purchased the club just to stay in the lower tiers.
  • Redhenry said:

Pleased and gutted at the same time

How have the Aussies outbid your lot then @Redhenry ?
    I thought the mega rich guys were waiting in the wings and would beat any offer made??
  • Just trying to catch up, so as I read it...Aussie Group (unknown who they comprise of) have beaten a Middle Eastern group and will be the ones buying us. @Redhenry group pulled out, but the Aussie group may have other middle eastern backing them with money. Angeldust on the other site saying its a fantastic opportunity for the club if it gets over the line.
    Does anyone know if the Aussie group involve Mr Andrew Muir? If so I would suggest its a newer Aussie consortium from last summer and now with potential backing from other 'minted' investors.
    Like everyone else, all I really wish for is owners with ambition and drive (and some wonga to make their plans work) that'll get us out of this poxy League sooner rather than later.
  • Vinegar pissers to whinging Pomms
  • Uboat said:

Dannoo_86 said:

Our first summer signing will be Tim Cahill closely followed by Mark Viduka.

Harold Bishop in goal.

Though his experience of strangling Paul Robinson and coming from behind would have been useful in recent games against Millwall.
    Madge looks like she’s enjoying herself.
  • Redhenry said:

Something happening soon. Is not my lot

Typical unless the Aussies are mega rich.

Soon however is just like "imminent" or "done deal" for me at the mkmsnt. Just being cautious not insulting @Redhenry
  • Redhenry said:

Pleased and gutted at the same time

How have the Aussies outbid your lot then @Redhenry ?
    I thought the mega rich guys were waiting in the wings and would beat any offer made??
    If they wanted to that is.
  • edited March 2018
    Although not there in person, new owner will watch every game live from his bush bunker.

• Sponsored links:

• I am a Catholic, I have pulled out.
  • Would it not be best to set up a protest fund now... Just in case he dont work out?

Coach trip to Australia will be rather expensive me thinks.

Although CARD can remain (Charlton against ruddy Dingos!!)
  • Are we moving to the Peninsula?
  • addick05 said:

Will be over the moon when the evil Belgian no longer features in ANYTHING to do with Charlton - but my enthusiasm - no doubt shared by many on here - will be held in check until we ascertain just what the new owners intentions are. Will they chuck untold millions at the playing side in order to get promotion quickly, or will it be a steady progression that aims to get us back into the Premiership within say 4 years? Only time will tell but I can't believe they have purchased the club just to stay in the lower tiers.

Nah, 4 years of crap coming to an end should be celebrated long and hard by all Charlton supporters.

We’ll do the worrying in the fullness of time.
  • I keep hearing murmurs of a move to the peninsula, any truth in that do we think?
  • Has anyone mentioned an exit plan yet?
  • Where's the it's happening GIF ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame old Rolf is locked up.

Could get him there ahead of the big unveiling, drawing the new owners

"Can ya tell who it is yet?
  • Uboat said:

Dannoo_86 said:

Our first summer signing will be Tim Cahill closely followed by Mark Viduka.

Harold Bishop in goal.

Though his experience of strangling Paul Robinson and coming from behind would have been useful in recent games against Millwall.
    I see Dave Lockwood is coming back, judging by that pic
  • edited March 2018

Where's the it's happening GIF ?

I think we burnt through our GIF quota 3 months ago
  • Don't get the objection to Kewell if true. Doing well at Crawley, good reputation when he was a coach at Watford and getting the best out of KAG - something the last two managers were hopeless at.
  • Has anyone done the BDL/Harold Bishop joke yet?

Just did it
  • So will the Aussie owners choose Trevor Bayliss or Eddie Jones as our new manager?
  • Monday seems to be the intention.

Aussies?
    Appears so now, but so many twists and turns in this already...

Believe the Kewell story was placed in the media by the Robinson camp, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. The Crawley Observer story is a non-denial denial from Kewell. He wasn’t their first choice.

Robinson has known for a while the Aussie’s didn’t want him. Paul Elliott likely chairman.
    We know Kewell and Bowyer are friends and have worked together before.

Wild speculation time: Would Bowyer as caretaker have been seen as acceptable to the new owners (Muir et al) as the new manager (Kewell) OKed it?
    not something I believe.

Can only think the deal is nearing closer, Robinson knew he would be out and so walked knowing Oxford were interested.

Having said that, Bowyer is sure to stay on as assistant to Kewell if he is the new man.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!