Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ultimatum said:

More importantly , are we going to get discounted tickets on Qantas? Always fancied going Australia!

No, but you can flash the Red Card/Season ticket to use the Australian citizen's immigration lane at Sydney airport. ;)
  • edited March 2018

Thought they’d have something better in their locker than Harry Kewell if I’m honest.

Concerning.

We are not a massive club

He has done well at Crawley

We need stability now.

I'd welcome him with lb and jj on coaching team still.
  • addick05 said:

I personally can’t wait for the protests against the Aussies.

Big sale on plastic kangaroos coming up!

So long as it's not boomerangs....
  • MrOneLung said:

have heard the Aussies want to buy several clubs throughout Europe and bring them under one footballing family so they can save money by utilizing intra-club transfers, scouting, etc.

Now you are talking, makes sense to me.
  • Aussie Out!
  • Skim read 300 posts since last looking in. No ‘it’s happening’ GIfS so assume it is a load of pot noodle posts and not going to bother looking closer.
  • Macronate said:

Before anyone asks, Kewell is 5ft 11", his wife is Sheree Murphy (they married in Vegas) and his assistant manager at Crawley is Warren Feeney.

As managers usually bring in their assistants, presumably he'd want Feeney with him?
  • Sponsored links:

• We don’t quite know if it is the original Aussie consortium, just Muir or a combination or what just yet do we? Or have I missed that.
  • I hope no pommy bastard Charlton fans are going to complain about the 8AM kick off time so our Sydney based owner can watch his own live stream.
  • Macronate said:

Before anyone asks, Kewell is 5ft 11", his wife is Sheree Murphy (they married in Vegas) and his assistant manager at Crawley is Warren Feeney.

What’s his favourite flavour of pot noodle?
  • edited March 2018
    Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?
  • ...and if Kewell doesnt work out and gets sacked, you just know they will persuade fellow aussie and millwall legend Tim Cahill to give up playing to take over as the new manager at Charlton.
  • Macronate said:

What’s his favourite flavour of pot noodle?
    Kangaroo bollock.
    Mine too
  • J BLOCK said:

Any indication on the wealth of the Aussies?

• Sponsored links:

• lets see what happens next, but I am extremely concerned that it's the Aussies.

• lets see what happens next, but I am extremely concerned that it's the Aussies.

On what basis?
  • edited March 2018

lets see what happens next, but I am extremely concerned that it's the Aussies.

If so my post above should reassure you a little.
  • TheBelgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    ·
    39m
    Aussies have a lot of cash too and are not the same as the initial Aussies involved who didn’t have financial backing. Either way it is a win over Duchatelet. Don’t think the fans will like some people keeping a role in charlton. But we will see I guess. Also been told next week.

Is that Keohane remaining then? Or Murray?
  • Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?
  • TheBelgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    ·
    39m
    Aussies have a lot of cash too and are not the same as the initial Aussies involved who didn’t have financial backing. Either way it is a win over Duchatelet. Don’t think the fans will like some people keeping a role in charlton. But we will see I guess. Also been told next week.

Is that Keohane remaining then? Or Murray?
    If the B20 tweet is correct I would say Murray.

• Ps. Anyone feeling upset about the Saudis walking remind yourself of this:

The Australian Football Consortium has been established to acquire an underperforming English football team with a view to elevating the club back to the Premier League.

In 2016 AFC commissioned Deloitte’s Football Business Group in Manchester to conduct a feasibility study on our project and identify clubs that fit our criteria.

Our goal is quite simple: To rebuild the club that we acquire and over time, attempt to elevate it to the Premier League. Of this we are resolute. Winning is important to us. However, winning only occurs when a sporting organisation has the best people, processes and governance in place. As a result, AFC intend to incorporate the very best local, Australian and global sports leadership, psychology, coaching, data analytics, management and science to ensure that we leave no stone unturned in our quest to achieve our goal. It is AFC’s intention to inject significant funds to ensure that this occurs.

A critical component of AFC’s strategy will be to invest heavily into the training facility so that the club can attract and develop local talent and provide them with the opportunity to represent their club at a senior level.

It is also important to note that AFC is keenly aware and understands the importance of the fans in English football. We are committed to our responsibility to honour and respect the history and tradition of the club and ensure that the fans are respected as key stakeholders in the process.

AFC’s expert advisory team includes some of the most respected names in Australian sport. These experts have committed their time, free of charge, because they believe wholeheartedly in the validity of the project.

We believe that this is a good news story for Australia, the UK and all football lovers because we know that with the right ownership and leadership, it is possible to restore a winning culture to a club for the benefit of the fans, the local community and to help grow support for the club further afield.

Strong football relationships already exist between Australia and the UK and we believe this well-constructed project will only strengthen these over time.

We remain hopeful of being able to conclude a deal in due course but we will not be making any statements or comments until a deal is completed.

Ed. but then also remember this from the Saudi football team.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/saudi-arabia-footballers-ignore-minutes-silence-for-london-attack-victims

WOW
    That is one of the most positive statements I have read.

If this comes to fruition and the Aussies get this right, The only way is up!
  • Belgium20
    TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

I guess the Middle East Consortium were the ones from Saudi Arabia - Other than mega bucks I dont like the sound of that

If Arab money was to come in, better to be the same sort of setup as Man City's owners
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!