Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Very clever ibborg

Yes but you posted that upside do .... ah I see what you did there - very clever.
  • DA9 said:

I said RM was the blocker weeks ago s

Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

Is that true?
    Yes it is
    But it’s not Murrays sale to block either way
    His position within the new set up has been the problem only the aussies prepared to accept it
    One day he'll put Charlton before his ego. Maybe.
  • Tie me Kangeroo down Sport :smiley:

• DA9 said:

Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

Is that true?
    Yes it is
    His position within the new set up has been the problem only the aussies prepared to accept it
    So he is involved?
  • DA9 said:

Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20

Is that true?
    Yes it is
    So he is involved?
    Protest until Murray goes?
  • bobmunro said:

Yes but you posted that upside do .... ah I see what you did there - very clever.
    Up there for singing, down there for dancing, Robert

; )
  • DA9 said:

Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20

Is that true?
    Yes it is
    So he is involved?
    We'll need someone to count the vol-u-vents when Tone gets his arse kicked down the road.
  • Sponsored links:

• As much as I'm delighted it's the end of the Roland era I am slightly concerned about the Kewell rumour.
  • Sage said:

Just typing up the rest of my dissertation for my final year project at university, and to reward myself I found a video that brings back the good times. Times that are hopefully around the corner again for us under new ownership.

Here it is if anyone is interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRtnV1KXqmg

There's a similar one I filmed from the away end on there somewhere.
  • colthe3rd said:

As much as I'm delighted it's the end of the Roland era I am slightly concerned about the Kewell rumour.

Kewell has got to be an improvement on Robinson.

Although I have nothing to base this on but I wouldn’t be surprised if they appointed someone like Mick McCarthy at the end of the season.
    He is probably the type of manager Charlton really need to get them up the leagues.
  • In other matters:
  • If they trust Kewell, provide him with a decent transfer/ wage budget, supported by a knowledgeable backroom and infrastructure staff, then that will give him a chance to succeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:

If they trust Kewell, provide him with a decent transfer/ wage budget, supported by a knowledgeable backroom and infrastructure staff, then that will give him a chance to succeed.

Step forward Thomas Driesden. (Actually on second thoughts don't bother) :smile:
  • Driesen
  • Dazzler21 said:

Driesen

You're on fire tonight mate :wink: .
  • DA9 said:

Been said many times, they, whomever they are, don’t need to be mega rich, stable, properly run and managed will do for me, after the last 5-6 years of pain and amateurish goons at the helm.

Agreed - we were all pretty chuffed to hear about the size of Roland' s bank account when he took over, and look where that got us
  • bobmunro said:

At a lower level though tbf.

I dread to think what level League 2 is based on the crap served up week in week out in League 1.
    Watch the second goal...

https://youtu.be/0u-ke0emn-4
    I remember Ajose's YouTube video.
  • RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Driesen

You're on fire tonight mate :wink: .
    Having a name that is commonly misspelled it pains me to see so many names being bastardised.

Especially Legends like Jorge Costa and Thomas Driesen

:confounded:
  • edited March 2018

Ps. Anyone feeling upset about the Saudis walking remind yourself of this:

The Australian Football Consortium has been established to acquire an underperforming English football team with a view to elevating the club back to the Premier League.

In 2016 AFC commissioned Deloitte’s Football Business Group in Manchester to conduct a feasibility study on our project and identify clubs that fit our criteria.

Our goal is quite simple: To rebuild the club that we acquire and over time, attempt to elevate it to the Premier League. Of this we are resolute. Winning is important to us. However, winning only occurs when a sporting organisation has the best people, processes and governance in place. As a result, AFC intend to incorporate the very best local, Australian and global sports leadership, psychology, coaching, data analytics, management and science to ensure that we leave no stone unturned in our quest to achieve our goal. It is AFC’s intention to inject significant funds to ensure that this occurs.

A critical component of AFC’s strategy will be to invest heavily into the training facility so that the club can attract and develop local talent and provide them with the opportunity to represent their club at a senior level.

It is also important to note that AFC is keenly aware and understands the importance of the fans in English football. We are committed to our responsibility to honour and respect the history and tradition of the club and ensure that the fans are respected as key stakeholders in the process.

AFC’s expert advisory team includes some of the most respected names in Australian sport. These experts have committed their time, free of charge, because they believe wholeheartedly in the validity of the project.

We believe that this is a good news story for Australia, the UK and all football lovers because we know that with the right ownership and leadership, it is possible to restore a winning culture to a club for the benefit of the fans, the local community and to help grow support for the club further afield.

Strong football relationships already exist between Australia and the UK and we believe this well-constructed project will only strengthen these over time.

We remain hopeful of being able to conclude a deal in due course but we will not be making any statements or comments until a deal is completed.

Ed. but then also remember this from the Saudi football team.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/saudi-arabia-footballers-ignore-minutes-silence-for-london-attack-victims

But this is the statement from the original bunch who didn't seem to have the money before the Andrew Muir rumours surfaced.
  • johnny73 said:

If they trust Kewell, provide him with a decent transfer/ wage budget, supported by a knowledgeable backroom and infrastructure staff, then that will give him a chance to succeed.

There's been plenty of support for the idea that we have a top two or three squad, so there should be no need of new players ;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!