Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I have been right on this subject from the very beginning and I am right now

Up to you to believe it or not I couldn’t give two shit chalets If you do or don’t

RM has been pivotal in this whole charade and been the blocker

The saying when you know you know

Take it from me I ain’t about to divulge eveidence I don’t need too as it is now irrelevant

Wouldn’t be the first time RM has influenced any takeover or investment or even the structure of the set up due to his own ego not wanting to give way to better beginnings

For clarity, Richard Murray blocked a takeover by a multibillion £ investor in favour of another group that have been scratching around for capital for months just to top-up his ego and get a place on the new board?

Is that what you are saying?
  • RedChaser said:

DA9 said:

Been said many times, they, whomever they are, don’t need to be mega rich, stable, properly run and managed will do for me, after the last 5-6 years of pain and amateurish goons at the helm.

Agreed - we were all pretty chuffed to hear about the size of Roland' s bank account when he took over, and look where that got us
    I can assure you that we weren't
    I seem to recall some Liege fans told us on here very early doors, to be very wary of Duchetelet's modus operandi and it soon came to pass that they were spot on.
    Yes they did & they were right of course but it was already in the news that after a pretty successful season Leige (doucebag) had sold off all the top players / earners & replaced them for a fraction of the fees received. The writing was on the wall, weeks later Yann was sold. Incredibly fucking stupid transfer by incredibly fucking stupid belgians.
    Have any Aussies been on here about Muir?
  • edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

Getting close to 2m views

How many more times Henners, it's quality not quantity :wink:
    Never mind the quality, feel the width
    You are awful;
  • He was bored and loaded and so he tried to be some great innovator. He tried to change politics and was ignored and then tried to change football and failed. Sadly we were part of the second experiment and now he has gone...

Up to you to believe it or not I couldn’t give two shit chalets If you do or don’t

Take it from me I ain’t about to divulge eveidence I don’t need too as it is now irrelevant

Wouldn’t be the first time RM has influenced any takeover or investment or even the structure of the set up due to his own ego not wanting to give way to better beginnings

For clarity, Richard Murray blocked a takeover by a multibillion £ investor in favour of another group that have been scratching around for capital for months just to top-up his ego and get a place on the new board?

Something like that
  • Apparently this was the response when Roland ask to hold onto the Valley

Something like that
    Well if i had evidence of that I'd be singing it from the bloody rooftops!
    Seriously, the old scroat will sink this club for good if we're not careful. Think you should chirp so we can really get stuck in.
  • Anyone know the Belgian address where I can send a “sorry you’re leaving” card for Roland?
  • There’s plenty better placed than me to go further in what is put out there

I am right though

New era from Monday if all is to be believed

The Arab money would’ve been an interesting ride

And now we have a different sort of project unfolding not convinced the money is there not convinced we will be fully rid of RD but we will have to wait and see

Excellent! Seems he has blocked a move to allow the Aussies in. I forgive him everything now.

Well done RM!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

There’s plenty better placed than me to go further in what is put out there

I am right though

And now we have a different sort of project unfolding not convinced the money is there not convinced we will be fully rid of RD but we will have to wait and see

Worrying - particularly the last bit.
    RD keeping The Valley?
  • Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Driesen

You're on fire tonight mate :wink: .
    Having a name that is commonly misspelled it pains me to see so many names being bastardised.

Especially Legends like Jorge Costa and Thomas Driesen

:confounded:
    Not to mention vols-au-vent persistently called vol-au-vents.
  • cafcfan said:

Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Driesen

You're on fire tonight mate :wink: .
    Having a name that is commonly misspelled it pains me to see so many names being bastardised.

Especially Legends like Jorge Costa and Thomas Driesen

:confounded:
    Not to mention vols-au-vent persistently called vol-au-vents.
    You are spelling it that French way, please keep up.
  • There’s a lot to it CE but the money is a particular leverage point

I am right though

These aren't the poor 'scratching around' Aussies, these are the minted Aussies.
  • JamesSeed said:

I am right though

These aren't the poor 'scratching around' Aussies, these are the minted Aussies.
    Are there any?

Something like that
    I don't disbelieve you, but I can't understand how Murray would have the power to do so, as a non executive Chairman.
    Murray didn't own any of Charlton did he ? So his only leverage could have been to do with his £2.6M loan.
    and not even his loan gives him any leverage.
  • Can anyone confirm or deny if these Aussies are the ones who were scratching round for investment from before or, as I think has been mentioned elsewhere, if they are a whole new group? If they are a whole new separate entity, how have they done all the DD etc. in such a short time?

I fuckin hope RD ain't breaking up the assets to make it more affordable for them to take over, I'd sooner he stayed a while longer and the Club stay in one piece.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I am right though

I think you'll find that nla is totally aware of this, JS.

Seems he's been more ITK than anyone else since the start.
  • We will see I will Be very if this group have found the correct wealth to take us forward like I said above I am not convinced won’t be hard to be shown otherwise

Right now anyone is better than RD
  • Am not too worried if the Arabs dont get involved.

I'm always wary when new owners come along as you can never be sure of their motives / ambition for a while - History has taught us that regardless of the Nationality, you get good eggs and bad eggs.

Owners from Asia have come along who are minted yet dont have the mindset like Man City and end up causing more trouble; Birmingham City are a perfect example of this, albeit from the Far East rather than Middle East, and could see Oxford having similar ownership issues.

If right, won't we be the first club to have Australian Owners (outside Australia) so be interesting to see how that works.

You beat me to this FA.

Another good example is the owners of Malaga in Spain. It all looked incredibly promising then they just lost interest. Portsmouth had a couple owners from the middle east I believe.

I suspect the Australians will not be as wealthy, so they will have to have more concrete ideas on how to be successful. The apparent Arab consortium may have just as good if not better ideas, but I feel like the Australian option is probably less risky going on the little we know.
  • Can anyone confirm or deny if these Aussies are the ones who were scratching round for investment from before or, as I think has been mentioned elsewhere, if they are a whole new group? If they are a whole new separate entity, how have they done all the DD etc. in such a short time?

I fuckin hope RD ain't breaking up the assets to make it more affordable for them to take over, I'd sooner he stayed a while longer and the Club stay in one piece.

He can’t break up the assets without settling the ex-directors’ loans or getting their agreement - and that hasn’t happened.
    Well that's something. Cheers AB

I am right though

The money is there @nth london addick . Keep the faith.

COYR
    TBH, I'm not sure about trusting any Kiwis after this morning's debacle for "our lads" out there....

:-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!