Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I know my wife’s not going to be happy about this but all I want to know is it time to pull out my didgeridoo
  • DA9 said:

I said RM was the blocker weeks ago s

Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

Is that true?
    Yes it is
    But it’s not Murrays sale to block either way
    His position within the new set up has been the problem only the aussies prepared to accept it
    Please tell me you're joking & I'm going to get whooshed ?
  • Redrobo said:

colthe3rd said:

As much as I'm delighted it's the end of the Roland era I am slightly concerned about the Kewell rumour.

As I said on another thread, if Paul Elliott is indeed the next Chairman, then I assume he has been involved in the decision to appoint Kewell and that is good enough for me.

When we have new owners we really have to stop the negativity and go with the flow.
    Trust me it's not being negative for the sake of it. I have given every manager a chance and I would do the same if Kewell was appointed but it just all feels a bit Roland network for my liking.
  • DA9 said:

Been said many times, they, whomever they are, don’t need to be mega rich, stable, properly run and managed will do for me, after the last 5-6 years of pain and amateurish goons at the helm.

Agreed - we were all pretty chuffed to hear about the size of Roland' s bank account when he took over, and look where that got us
    I can assure you that we weren't
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Redrobo said:

colthe3rd said:

As much as I'm delighted it's the end of the Roland era I am slightly concerned about the Kewell rumour.

As I said on another thread, if Paul Elliott is indeed the next Chairman, then I assume he has been involved in the decision to appoint Kewell and that is good enough for me.

When we have new owners we really have to stop the negativity and go with the flow.
    Trust me it's not being negative for the sake of it. I have given every manager a chance and I would do the same if Kewell was appointed but it just all feels a bit Roland network for my liking.
    I understand where you are coming from; but we must just go for it IMO or we will not move forward. Forget Roland.

Life is good, we are moving forward.

• Never sure how to take NLA's comments.

Sometimes he slips in an 'imo'. Sometimes he doesn't.

Guesswork?
  • Getting close to 2m views
  • Never sure how to take NLA's comments.

Sometimes he slips in an 'imo'. Sometimes he doesn't.

Guesswork?

I wish he'd slip in some punctuation. :smile:
  • edited March 2018

Getting close to 2m views

Can any thread in any forum match that? AFKA should be proud! Might be worth contacting the Guinness book of records. Tell you what, I'll produce a special mug for the 2 millionth.
  • RedChaser said:

How many more times Henners, it's quality not quantity :wink:
    Never mind the quality, feel the width
  • edited March 2018
    RedChaser said:

Especially if you're Josh Magennis ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

Espe silly if you're Josh Magennis ;-)
    It's time to leave the pub now.
  • Sponsored links:

• barstool said:

I have heard a rumour that its not the Aussies....Americans

I've heard a rumour that it's not the Aussies....not the Americans....Armenians.

• Gonna be caning my data on my phone at work Monday by the looks of it.
  • barstool said:

I have heard a rumour that its not the Aussies....Americans

I've heard a rumour that it's not the Aussies....not the Americans....Armenians.

I've heard that its a crimson coloured bovine character
  • RedChaser said:

DA9 said:

Been said many times, they, whomever they are, don’t need to be mega rich, stable, properly run and managed will do for me, after the last 5-6 years of pain and amateurish goons at the helm.

Agreed - we were all pretty chuffed to hear about the size of Roland' s bank account when he took over, and look where that got us
    I can assure you that we weren't
    I seem to recall some Liege fans told us on here very early doors, to be very wary of Duchetelet's modus operandi and it soon came to pass that they were spot on.
    Yes they did & they were right of course but it was already in the news that after a pretty successful season Leige (doucebag) had sold off all the top players / earners & replaced them for a fraction of the fees received. The writing was on the wall, weeks later Yann was sold. Incredibly fucking stupid transfer by incredibly fucking stupid belgians.
  • Scoham said:

It's time. A true thing of beauty.

Miss the 11/12 SCP and team celebrating one but I'll let you off! ;)
  • RedChaser said:

Tell ricky_otto that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!