Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• lets see what happens next, but I am extremely concerned that it's the Aussies.

Why concerned? What do you know about them?
  • Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

Is that true?
  • lets see what happens next, but I am extremely concerned that it's the Aussies.

If so my post above should reassure you a little.
    If so it does, funding is my main concern. If they have good backing I will be more relaxed.

Well whoever it is it will be extremely difficult to be worse than the present tosser.
  • I knew as soon as I bought a "Roland Out" Hoodie that he'd be gone!
    (Wish I'd done it sooner....like 4 years ago!)

:smile: Arry, that's priceless. Good work.
  • If Murray has prevented us yet again :neutral:

• No! ..... 243 posts on this thread in less than 4 hours.
    I don't suppose anything has happened.

Haven't people got anything to do all day? :smile:
  • .I'd love to know how much the group who dropped out spent on not buying a League 1 football club.
  • Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?

I don’t bear any illwill toward RM, but I would hope he choose this opportunity to step away from the limelight and choose to watch as a fan, rather than a mouthpiece, link, figurehead etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?

The only thing I have heard is that they didn’t want him on the board and there was a discussion about whether he could be life president (which Maurice Hatter is). But that was some time ago.
    Sounds like he’s going to have to buy a season ticket from now on
  • Heard we've agreed a deal with Peter Andre and Kerry Katona to do the vol-au-vents.
  • edited March 2018
    I said RM was the blocker weeks ago s
    Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

Is that true?
    Yes it is
  • Whoever takes us over, they have had a fantastic opportunity to see how not to run a football club, courtesy of the mad Belgian.
  • April 1st completion?
  • Redhenry said:

All subject to Aussie Rules btw

• They obviously need sufficient money behind them, but I would rather a well run club than a club that might be rich but run by idiots. We have just got rid of the biggest idiot of an owner in our history, and that is saying something, and we hardly want more crazy decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the way the Arabs have been invented out of thin air and now Murray is being blamed for blocking them - classic
  • Respect to whoever started this thread by saying it would 100% be an Aussie takeover.

WIOTOS
  • Respect to whoever started this thread by saying it would 100% be an Aussie takeover.

Respect? But no promote? The knight doth protest to much methinks
  • CatAddick said:

Respect to whoever started this thread by saying it would 100% be an Aussie takeover.

Jealousy
  • DOUCHER said:

I like the way the Arabs have been invented out of thin air and now Murray is being blamed for blocking them - classic

I literally have @Redhenry's discussions page saved a a favourite on my phone. The Arabs do exist
  • CatAddick said:

Respect to whoever started this thread by saying it would 100% be an Aussie takeover.

Jealousy
    Meh. But we’ll always have the car park sit down protests :-)
  • This takeover is proving that it's always darkest before dawn. Such a range of emotions today
  • CatAddick said:

CatAddick said:

Jealousy
    Meh. But we’ll always have the car park sit down protests :-)
    Not your jealousy, AFKA.

Happy we did the protests, even happier we won't have to do them again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!