Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Pleased and gutted at the same time

Me too
  • barstool said:

I have heard a rumour that its not the Aussies....Americans

Bob Bradley rather than Kewell then? FFS - get me out of here!!!!!!
  • I've already got an Aussie scarf draped across the back seat of my car.
  • _MrDick said:

I don't know if this has any bearing on the proceedings but I was talking to someone the other day about Old Elthamians Rugby Club and I was told about the owners ambitions to get them into the Aviva Premiership. Next season they have signed Shalk Brits from Saracens and he's going to drag along a few of his mates. Now, the guy who funds OERFC is absolutely minted and I understand that he's applied for some sort of gambling licence in the US* which will make his current wealth look like petty cash. In order for OERFC to play at the highest level they will need to have a stadium and from what I was told, the preferred choice is the Valley rather than building a new purpose built stadium. If the Aussie's were looking for funding in the City, could they have got it from the guy who owns Secure Trading? Obviously, there is no absolute credence to this story, just me putting two and two together to come up with five. But it's a great conspiracy theory.

*Not sure of the accuracy of this info but I was the worse for wear at the time

Seems rather long term given Old Elthamians are only mid table in Nat 1 at the moment, so still need to get promoted from there next season, then get promoted from the Championship (which will contain the likes of London Irish, Leeds etc). Don't doubt the blokes ambition but it could be a number of years before they are anywhere close to playing Premiership rugby!
    Oh, I agree. This season was a season of consolidation by all accounts and that’s cost £2m. I understand he’s willing to spend up to £10m to get them into the Aviva. Might have a punt on them doing it within the next 3 years.
  • barstool said:

I have heard a rumour that its not the Aussies....Americans

Nationality bingo, someone's got to have had a full house by now?
  • I know that we are still not quite there yet, but I seem to have found some inner relief that it all might be over very soon. I have had enough of looking at Karl Robinson threads; I don't want to see Bow and Jacko as caretakers (though I hope they do well in their short tenure) or read about them taking over; and I really want to get to the day when I don't read every post on this thread either, knowing that one of the most hated persons I have ever hated has finally relinquished control of our club. (And yes, Katrien, I know that makes me weird!) Just sell the club...
  • My worry is that if the Aussies beat the minted Arabs, then they are conceding something that the latter will not.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Angeldust seems happy with the possibility.

I'm happy with about 99% of people who aren't Roland.
    Surely that should be 99.99999999999%
    There are some pretty bad owners out there... the Spivs, Oystons, Vincent Tan... we'd have to be very unlucky to end up with three dodgy owners in a row.............
    We are Charlton, we set the standard for bad luck
  • Bloody hell, the theories and rumours on here- some of which seemed to have been plucked out of thin air or created by The Mail or Sun editorial staff- are driving me bonkers! I know we all like to speculate and have a gossip (that's what the forum is all about) but PLEASE, I can't take much more of this speculation! How about don't post unless you know FOR CERTAIN!!
  • Am not too worried if the Arabs dont get involved.

I'm always wary when new owners come along as you can never be sure of their motives / ambition for a while - History has taught us that regardless of the Nationality, you get good eggs and bad eggs.

Owners from Asia have come along who are minted yet dont have the mindset like Man City and end up causing more trouble; Birmingham City are a perfect example of this, albeit from the Far East rather than Middle East, and could see Oxford having similar ownership issues.

If right, won't we be the first club to have Australian Owners (outside Australia) so be interesting to see how that works.
  • There is middle eastern money behind the takeover

How?
  • Millwall and palace owners aren't mega rich but if only we can aspire to their current levels in the near future
  • There is middle eastern money behind the takeover

How?
    From my source
  • edited March 2018

There is middle eastern money behind the takeover

How?
    From my source
    So Aussie consortium involved with Middle East money, or no Aussies at all and just Middle East money?
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

There is middle eastern money behind the takeover

With our luck, the middle east as far as Charlton are concerned will be Norwich or Skegness.
    I heard Delia Smith was involved.
  • Uboat said:

addick05 said:

Bloody hell, the theories and rumours on here- some of which seemed to have been plucked out of thin air or created by The Mail or Sun editorial staff- are driving me bonkers! I know we all like to speculate and have a gossip (that's what the forum is all about) but PLEASE, I can't take much more of this speculation! How about don't post unless you know FOR CERTAIN!!

This thread will implode shortly, so if you've got a theory, now is the time to chuck it in the mix.
    I heard that Muir is an American Arab.
    Aaaaaaaargh!!

• Havent we been before? Groundhog day...bullshit
  • American, Australian, Arab - are we done with the letter 'A' yet? If so ....

I've heard a rumour Botswana money is involved.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!