Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:

What’s meant by ‘chairman already in place?’

I think Varney is their man if this is true
    I don’t
  • Last piece of the puzzle... come on, make my week, month, year.

I'll be there for you...
  • 22.3.18 Summary

It's been another quiet week in Takeover Land.

Karl Robinson claimed that the takeover was up in air after the defeat to Blackpool although how much that was about diverting attention away from the dismal performance and how much was new information is open to debate.

CARD responding to this and the lack of further information from Richard Murray or Duchatelet by calling for protests from the Rotherham game onward, in both SE7 and Belgium.

@Redhenry had stated that the very rich party he is aware of is still very much in the game.

One comment, believed to be referring Redhenry's party, stated "The deal is mega, chairman already in place"

@Airman Brown mentioned Australians and "Arabs" as being the two parties involved in an article for Talksport.

Richard Cawley has said on Talksport that a takeover is "not far off" but isn't saying who or when.

@Redhenry and @Airman Brown both believe it to be very close with Airman saying that the "intention is Monday" (26/3) and @Redhenry saying it's not "his lot" which suggests it's the Aussies.

Paul Elliot mentioned as new Chairman.

Meanwhile,

Karl Robinson was allowed to leave by mutual consent after revealing that he has twice tried to resign. He is expected to join Oxford United.

Lee Bowyer, assisted by Johnnie Jackson, has been placed in charge of the team.

• Monday seems to be the intention.

Aussies?
    Appears so now, but so many twists and turns in this already...

Believe the Kewell story was placed in the media by the Robinson camp, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. The Crawley Observer story is a non-denial denial from Kewell. He wasn’t their first choice.

Robinson has known for a while the Aussie’s didn’t want him. Paul Elliott likely chairman.
    We know Kewell and Bowyer are friends and have worked together before.

Wild speculation time: Would Bowyer as caretaker have been seen as acceptable to the new owners (Muir et al) as the new manager (Kewell) OKed it?
  • 22.3.18 Summary

Karl Robinson claimed that the takeover was up in air after the defeat to Blackpool although how much that was about diverting attention away from the dismal performance and how much was new information is open to debate.

CARD responding to this and the lack of further information from Richard Murray or Duchatelet by calling for protests from the Rotherham game onward, in both SE7 and Belgium.

@Redhenry had stated that the very rich party he is aware of is still very much in the game.

One comment, believed to be referring Redhenry's party, stated "The deal is mega, chairman already in place"

@Airman Brown mentioned Australians and "Arabs" as being the two parties involved in an article for Talksport.

Richard Cawley has said on Talksport that a takeover is "not far off" but isn't saying who or when.

@Redhenry and @Airman Brown both believe it to be very close with Airman saying that the "intention is Monday" (26/3) and @Redhenry saying it's not "his lot" which suggests it's the Aussies.

Meanwhile,

Karl Robinson was allowed to leave by mutual consent after revealing that he has twice tried to resign. He is expected to join Oxford United.

Quiet Newsday then !
  • Any indication on the wealth of the Aussies?
  • edited March 2018
    Just as a side note I read somewhere that one of the women involved in the Arab consortium is worth 2.9b.

Looks like the Aussies have finally won through though so fair dinkums.

Can’t wait to see the back of that old scrot.
  • robroy said:

I just hope if it is the aussies that we are not used to farm in aussie players for the prem.

Sounds all too similar.

Our immigration laws will not allow this scenario. Only full Aussie internationals with a number of games under their belt or Aussies with a UK or EU passport will be able to turn up and sign a contract.
    Maybe the plan is to move the Aussie national team to Charlton...... doubt that is possible though!
  • robroy said:

I just hope if it is the aussies that we are not used to farm in aussie players for the prem.

Sounds all too similar.

Been mention of this on here earlier. Very difficult for Aussie players without full international playing history to get acceptance to play in UK - so unlikely. Only those with dual nationality where one of the nationalities is EU stand much of a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it's the aussies with Muir I'll be happy
  • Aussies take sports seriously and want to be the best at anything they turn their hand to. That's the kind of mentality we've been missing for years.

I’d agree if Charlton was a Cricket or Rugby team but this is football
  • edited March 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Any indication on the wealth of the Aussies?

Andrew Muir sold his Good Guys business for $870k Australian a short while back.

We don't know who else, if anyone, is involved
  • All subject to League rules btw
  • Redhenry said:

Pleased and gutted at the same time

• Let’s just hope they run the club properly, and get us out of the awful league. Would of liked mega rich owners , like Zabeel or Man City but who’s to say The Aussie owners will not invest heavily in the team, training ground etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

How have the Aussies outbid your lot then @Redhenry ?
  • 22.3.18 Summary

Meanwhile,

• If its Monday, then what a birthday present that'll be for me!!!! I'll have a lot more to celebrate than just another year!!! "Go on make my (birth) day"

You have exactly the same birthday as me (same year as well)
  • DOUCHER said:

22.3.18 Summary

Meanwhile,

Thanks Colin
  • Redhenry said:

How have the Aussies outbid your lot then @Redhenry ?
    Doubt they have but they have put their money down.

My guess is that either

Duchatelet didn't want to wait for the Mega rich any longer and so took the bird in hand

Duchatelet thought the Aussie were more likely to be successful and so have to pay him his additional payments based on promotions.

We also know Duchatelet have views about doing business with people from certain countries.
  • redbuttle said:

If its Monday, then what a birthday present that'll be for me!!!! I'll have a lot more to celebrate than just another year!!! "Go on make my (birth) day"

You have exactly the same birthday as me (same year as well)
    and support the same club
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!