Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• £99 Adult Season Tickets anywhere in the ground would certainly bring a few more bums on seats, sell a few more programmes and chips
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

DOUCHER said:

There were three

Aussie
    Arab
    British

During the last stages

Quite. Murray said there were two who had agreed a price and terms, he didn’t say there were only two about.
    Its irrelevant now anyway but there were 2 who had jumped through all the hoops, agreed a price and were dotting i's and crossing T's and then possibly it seems, the arabs have piped up - when they've had 3 months to get to where the brits and aussies were - laughable that the brits get forgotten and the arabs were suddenly the competition that lost out according to you lot.

Anyway, as I say, irrelevant now but I'm sure it will make for a good story if the aussies turn out to be shite as well. As always, just telling it how it is.
    Yes, Doucher. However, the only British interest (other than Donald Muir) I had information about told me themselves they had withdrawn about six weeks ago. Either it was the same people or another group whose identity has gone under the radar, but there wasn't much to say about it either way. There could still be a surprise on the latter basis, but everyone is now pointing to the Aussies, including the people "supporting" the Saudis.

My own view is that it's impossible to know what's for the best, except the end of Duchatelet.
    Spill the beans then, who was the British consortium
    I’ll leave that to them, if they want to tell you.
    Airman in smoke and mirrors shock.

If you know something say it, they’re out of the running it affects no one.
    If you start saying names people stop telling you stuff that can go in fanzines and give us a clearer picture on things.

Why compromise good sources just to look billy big bollocks to another forum user?
    Who’s asked to name sources

• cafc_will said:

£99 Adult Season Tickets anywhere in the ground would certainly bring a few more bums on seats, sell a few more programmes and chips

I agree if we are in league 1. Definitely get a few more thousand in through the gate.
  • The Aussies should be here for the long stay, at least not quick grab it and run merchants like the spivs. Weird how we attract 'project' owners like Roland and his 'Many clubs, all self sufficient' concept. Long term, I'll be happy as contenders in second tier but I can't see our current team going anywhere fast but I may be wrong.
  • Tbf a £200 season ticket is still unbelievably good value
  • From a business point of view I'm sure the new owners will be looking to rebuild the club and support.. Season Ticket sales are the income of the business along with monies spent on actual match days.. The More bums on Seats the more matchdsy sales. Other than TV and sponsorship.
  • The Aussies should be here for the long stay, at least not quick grab it and run merchants like the spivs. Weird how we attract 'project' owners like Roland and his 'Many clubs, all self sufficient' concept. Long term, I'll be happy as contenders in second tier but I can't see our current team going anywhere fast but I may be wrong.

The Aussies (if it's the same ones plus Muir) said the plan was to get to the Premier League and then sell up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely worth using up the rest of protest fund to put up a “we won” poster?

Better spent on red and white scarves.

Great post

• If it happens Monday I’ll be drinking in excess.

Great post

Good idea, but maybe wait for a few months to see new owners intentions?
  • If it happens Monday I’ll be drinking in excess.

It’ll be a new sensation when Roland does disappear.
  • edited March 2018

Surely worth using up the rest of protest fund to put up a “we won” poster?

Would rather CARD/CAST try and ask the new owners to match the left over protest fund in order to give supporters a beer/pie/t-Shirt
    Fosters if they’re Australian obviously!

Failing that , something that would get more fans back like subsidised tickets...

Would go as far to consider a permanent instillation at the valley remembering the protests etc
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Surely worth using up the rest of protest fund to put up a “we won” poster?

Yeah, right opposite the useless fucker's house.
    Depends how much he sold us for.

I'd rather split it between the Museum and the Upbeats.
    To be fair the upbeats would be a much more worthy use of the money.
    This. And demelza house etc. Save a little bit for a bit of a red and white celebration at the first game after he has gone though. Ohh and buy me a beer @Davo55 ;)
  • edited March 2018
  • The only person who won is RD we have had four seasons of decline we have become a laughing stock and example of how not to run a club , we have sold players who should’ve been the light in the dark times for shitty amounts and RD has benefited and he has got by the looks of it the majority of his wish amount back

And right now he still ain’t gone

You need the lows to appreciate the highs.
    "Don't let the lows get too low, or the highs too high".

Sorry, Curbs ...... Monday is booked for the highest of highs.

• edited March 2018

If it happens Monday I’ll be drinking in excess.

It’ll be a new sensation when Roland does disappear.
    See what you’re doing there :wink:

A bit of INXS on the playlist to welcome our new owners!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!