Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If, and its still an if, the takeover happens early next week (Monday hopefully - have I mentioned that's my birthday!!! LOL), will the celebrations take place on Easter Monday? I guess the crowd on that day might just be a tad more than of recent!!! I'll certainly be attending if RD has buggered off..........for good!!
  • Howells said:

If true then the timing could play right into our hands.
    The 'new manager bounce' that so often occurs couldn't half come in handy for Charlton right now!

We are Charlton, we don't do new manager bounce.
  • I'll certainly be attending if RD has buggered off..........for good!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will be expected to leave after the game.
  • JamesSeed said:

msomerton said:

If it is the Australian consortium, then it sound more like the Jimanez and Slater era and we know how that eneded. This lot in football terms, sound like they do not have a pot to piss in, you need owners who can and are willing to lose 8-10 million pounds a season to run Charlton F.C.

@msomerton I keep reading this but on what basis do they not have a pot to piss in?

We don't even know who's in the consortium other than Muir who we know does have a lot of very expensive pots to piss in having sold a business for $870m Aus
    There was an earlier Aussie consortium who were struggling to raise funds wasn't there?
    Was there? Where is the evidence for that?
    Airman wasn’t it?
  • edited March 2018

My main concern with Paul Elliott who has always been articulate is how discerning is he.
    Picking Richard Rufus as your financial advisor doesn't bode well.
    I can't wait to see this deal in black and white.
    This struggling football club needs a boost, it has been a comedy club for the last 5 years
    (Probably 95 years) enough is enough.
    Tomorrow is the starter, for the main course on Monday. May the future be sweet.

No way!
  • DOUCHER said:

There were three

Aussie
    Arab
    British

During the last stages

Quite. Murray said there were two who had agreed a price and terms, he didn’t say there were only two about.
    Its irrelevant now anyway but there were 2 who had jumped through all the hoops, agreed a price and were dotting i's and crossing T's and then possibly it seems, the arabs have piped up - when they've had 3 months to get to where the brits and aussies were - laughable that the brits get forgotten and the arabs were suddenly the competition that lost out according to you lot.

Anyway, as I say, irrelevant now but I'm sure it will make for a good story if the aussies turn out to be shite as well. As always, just telling it how it is.
    Yes, Doucher. However, the only British interest (other than Donald Muir) I had information about told me themselves they had withdrawn about six weeks ago. Either it was the same people or another group whose identity has gone under the radar, but there wasn't much to say about it either way. There could still be a surprise on the latter basis, but everyone is now pointing to the Aussies, including the people "supporting" the Saudis.

My own view is that it's impossible to know what's for the best, except the end of Duchatelet.
    Spill the beans then, who was the British consortium
  • edited March 2018
    If Paul Elliot is to be chairman, that would be awesome!! Pick his brains on the club when he’s having a pint at the White Lion in Locksbottom
    I’ve never been itk lol
    Who knows, I could end up itk.
    Who cares.
    Get the club sold and give us hope again!
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

DOUCHER said:

There were three

Aussie
    Arab
    British

During the last stages

Quite. Murray said there were two who had agreed a price and terms, he didn’t say there were only two about.
    Its irrelevant now anyway but there were 2 who had jumped through all the hoops, agreed a price and were dotting i's and crossing T's and then possibly it seems, the arabs have piped up - when they've had 3 months to get to where the brits and aussies were - laughable that the brits get forgotten and the arabs were suddenly the competition that lost out according to you lot.

Anyway, as I say, irrelevant now but I'm sure it will make for a good story if the aussies turn out to be shite as well. As always, just telling it how it is.
    Yes, Doucher. However, the only British interest (other than Donald Muir) I had information about told me themselves they had withdrawn about six weeks ago. Either it was the same people or another group whose identity has gone under the radar, but there wasn't much to say about it either way. There could still be a surprise on the latter basis, but everyone is now pointing to the Aussies, including the people "supporting" the Saudis.

My own view is that it's impossible to know what's for the best, except the end of Duchatelet.
    I’ll leave that to them, if they want to tell you.
  • Any chance of an announcement on Saturday do we think?
  • edited March 2018
    EDIT

I for some reason thought the fact that I'm going Oz in august was relevant.

Whilst I do not want to put a dampener on any of this when the excitement level goes up on here everyone bangs on about "rich owners" and "having lots of money" as being the bench mark.

We already have one of those however he does not like to spend it.

The criteria for me is a sensible owner who has a track record of investing when he does purchase a sporting business not one that has it all in the bank and likes to keep it there.

Simple.

We want an owner that is passionate about football...and at least acknowledges the history of the club and what it stands for. (Understands the product for what it is and wants to know more)

We want an investor that wants to make a shit load of money...they may also use a process called logical thinking.

We don't want some old depressing c*nt that has zero interest other then saying eat your 14 chips and dance alongside failure and my self inclicted apathy
  • Redhenry said:

Monday

Get in.
  • Redhenry said:

Monday

Can you tell us who’s involved in the consortium? So far it’s just rumour or will be have another Slater and Jimenez situation
  • I don't know much. Was just told Monday and Kewell new manager
  • Redhenry said:

Monday

B E A utiful
  • J BLOCK said:

DOUCHER said:

There were three

Aussie
    Arab
    British

During the last stages

I’ll leave that to them, if they want to tell you.
    Airman in smoke and mirrors shock.

If you know something say it, they’re out of the running it affects no one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kewell new manager on Monday?
  • If, and its still an if, the takeover happens early next week (Monday hopefully - have I mentioned that's my birthday!!! LOL), will the celebrations take place on Easter Monday? I guess the crowd on that day might just be a tad more than of recent!!! I'll certainly be attending if RD has buggered off..........for good!!

Hang on, I thought we are all demonstrating on Easter Monday, on the pitch no if no buts etc ;-)
  • Manager or Head Coach?!
  • Redhenry said:

I don't know much. Was just told Monday and Kewell new manager

What about Kwell???

Gone off Kewell already, stepping on people toes... ffs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!