Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

No confirmation it is the aussies full stop though I reckon it is - also been told it's virtually certain to be announced early next week so hopefully all non attenders will get back down there tomorrow - like s morgue last week

Could be argued if no one had gone over last few seasons a sale would have been done ages ago. Water under the bridge now.
  • Dizzle said:

Pay the compo!!

We could find a few bob from the protest fund :wink:
  • It’s more a question of whether Chris would quit Southend having just gone there than money, I would think.

The big issue is that Chris is as honourable as they come so definitely would not quit Southend. Shame.
  • It’s more a question of whether Chris would quit Southend having just gone there than money, I would think.

The big issue is that Chris is as honourable as they come so definitely would not quit Southend. Shame.
    Absolutely right
  • Nice sentiment but I think we can all forget about SCP coming back to manage us.
  • edited March 2018

...and if they can't get CP or Curbs, get Doris Stokes on the bench to converse with Jimmy Seed.

FFS

...sorry, just been informed that Doris Stokes has passed over (must've missed that thread!)

So, if they cant get CP or Curbs, or Doris Stokes, get Russell Grant on the bench to converse with Jimmy Seed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree SCP won't quit southend, guys a gentleman.

But this shows the ozzies have at least done some stern research.

Which beds well

if Paul Elliott is involved I'd suspect he'd have a lot to do with it. I think Kewell isn't a bad shout. Some experience (more than when we appointed SCP), young & ambitious.

• edited March 2018

It’s more a question of whether Chris would quit Southend having just gone there than money, I would think.

Whatever you might think of Chris Powell the one certain thing is that he is an honourable man. I would imagine he thinks that Southend offered him a way back into management and he owes them some loyalty. Just my opinion.
    Agreed, but sometimes you have to do what's best for you.
    Let's be honest, if Powell had done badly this season and Southend flirted with or even got relegated, would they have sacked Powell ?
    They possibly would.
    Does Powell still live in Surrey, wasn't it Banstead area ? :wink:
  • Looking into the future with renewed enthusiasm either way, the old man will fuck off soon and we can start to get behind the new owners and whoever they appoint and maybe...just maybe...we can be proud to be Charlton fans again!

Honestly looking forward to seeing more people back at The Valley aswell, so sad seeing the ground so empty!
  • @Airman Brown saying on Twitter that SCP was the Aussies first choice as manager.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/digital-editions/
    This is great not just because of the obvious but because it suggests they have a good understanding of us and aren't trying to force their ideas straight from the off.
    I think they were trying to get the fans on board from the outset. Not criticising that as it’s the thing to do when you have a club in crisis.
  • msomerton said:

If it is the Australian consortium, then it sound more like the Jimanez and Slater era and we know how that eneded. This lot in football terms, sound like they do not have a pot to piss in, you need owners who can and are willing to lose 8-10 million pounds a season to run Charlton F.C.

As stated before, looking for investment is not necessarily the same as not having a pot to piss in.
  • @Airman Brown saying on Twitter that SCP was the Aussies first choice as manager.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/digital-editions/
    This is great not just because of the obvious but because it suggests they have a good understanding of us and aren't trying to force their ideas straight from the off.
    I think they were trying to get the fans on board from the outset. Not criticising that as it’s the thing to do when you have a club in crisis.
    Take over a club and try to appoint a club legend as manager V Taking over a club and sacking a club legend.

What could possibly go wrong from there ?

• If they can't get Powell, go get Curbs.

Curbs, ahh Curbs, don't do this to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:

If it is the Australian consortium, then it sound more like the Jimanez and Slater era and we know how that eneded. This lot in football terms, sound like they do not have a pot to piss in, you need owners who can and are willing to lose 8-10 million pounds a season to run Charlton F.C.

Huh!
    Best ever season points wise would do me again!
  • Any idea what the final price for the club was?
  • Redhenry said:

If its Monday, then what a birthday present that'll be for me!!!! I'll have a lot more to celebrate than just another year!!! "Go on make my (birth) day"

My Birthday as well @Redmidland
    Bet you I'm a lot older!!!
    I'll vouch for that.......... ;)
  • edited March 2018

Any idea what the final price for the club was?

Ten jars of vegemite, 2 cases of Fosters and twenty packets of TimTams.

Strewth!! Thats not enough of the amber nectar to even get your throat wet!!
  • We have far more potential than Southend especially with new owners.

Come home SCP!!!
  • SDAddick said:

I'm obviously way late to the game on this, but I don't want Saudi money.
    Yup, me too. Just saw Network at The National. Point reinforced.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!