Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• After the takeover finally happens this thread should be left open, it has become a part of my life over these long months, almost a family member.
  • edited March 2018

Like taking off tight shoes.

All my trials, Lord, soon be over.

Promotes won together Henners. Makes me feel all warm inside :-)
  • just enjoying catching a glimpse of promotion for once...
  • Davo55 said:

Surely worth using up the rest of protest fund to put up a “we won” poster?

I'd rather split it between the Museum and the Upbeats.
    To be fair the upbeats would be a much more worthy use of the money.
    This. And demelza house etc. Save a little bit for a bit of a red and white celebration at the first game after he has gone though. Ohh and buy me a beer @Davo55 ;)
    Guaranteed @cantersaddick , but out of my own pocket. :smile:
    Very good of you, thanks. So that's 8,000 pints of bitter, fourteen pints of Guinness and five medium dry white wines. You'd better start ordering them now.
  • I'm really hopeful that it finally happens Monday or sometime next week but there's been so many false dawns so I'm trying not to think about it. It ain't over till it's over.
  • Now reached Two Million views

Thank you

I'd still leave it off the cv though
  • A thankyou poster (to those who campaigned) would be better than a we won - imho. Perhaps with a burnt out sofa, a betdaq shirt and those new mascots - basically anything associated with these idiots.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

A thankyou poster (to those who campaigned) would be better than a we won - imho. Perhaps with a burnt out sofa, a betdaq shirt and those new mascots - basically anything associated with these idiots.

Charlton supporters yet again proving the impossible is possible.
  • Valley11 said:

Picture of directors box today someone please

This is feeling pretty exciting.
    A win and we’re back in the promotion mix, two ex players leading us, fans becoming more positive as RD nears the exit, minted Aussies (we hope) ready to get the club back to where it was.
    COYRs!!!!!
    One more defeat for me to make sure he goes. Supporting his team has always been wrong in so many ways.
  • razil said:

A thankyou poster (to those who campaigned) would be better than a we won - imho. Perhaps with a burnt out sofa, a betdaq shirt and those new mascots - basically anything associated with these idiots.

I would love for the new owners to get rid of Betdaq as our sponsor next season. Never comfortable having a betting firm advertised on the shirt. Always wonder why you would be sponsored by something that you're not allowed to put on a children's shirt; you'd think that would be a tip-off that it's not the best thing to have representing your club
    I agree. But my recollection is that it was a 3-year deal. So unless someone wants to pay them off....
    (Or they leave by mutual consent of course.)
  • hope he has a lovely holiday
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Why do you all worry about a promote, I do not have any, but enjoy putting information or opinions on here and reading what others have to say. It is good when someone likes what I have put and enjoys my comments, but I think I can survive without a promote

Don't knock it until you've tried it Ross 1, it's like getting a gold star from teacher :wink: .
    Teaching changed a bit since you were at school @redchaser ;)
  • _nam11 said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Why do you all worry about a promote, I do not have any, but enjoy putting information or opinions on here and reading what others have to say. It is good when someone likes what I have put and enjoys my comments, but I think I can survive without a promote

Don't knock it until you've tried it Ross 1, it's like getting a gold star from teacher :wink: .
    Teaching changed a bit since you were at school @redchaser ;)
    Very much so, you can't get caned, or put into working parties any more and that was just junior school, mind you it was approved :wink:
  • How much ITK is he? (although the only one truly ITK is Roland I guess)
  • How much ITK is he? (although the only one truly ITK is Roland I guess)
    Former Director with a secured loan outstanding of £250k I believe.
  • RedChaser said:

How much ITK is he? (although the only one truly ITK is Roland I guess)
    So quite ITK then. Oh :(
  • edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

Quite possibly here's a breakdown of the former directors loans according to Airman in January totalling £7m;

As well as Murray's £2.6m, Derek Chappell and Bob Whitehand each have £1.2m outstanding, Sir Maurice Hatter £1m, David Hughes £500,000 and David Sumners and David White £250,000 each.
  • RedChaser said:

Shoots from the hip a bit though, does Dave. Others know him much better than I do, @Airman Brown for example.

• RedChaser said:

Maybe he means that its going to take longer than his couple of weeks in the sun to sort out the mess Douchebag has left the club in? Hope thats what he means anyway!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!