Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Murray was in the directors box yesterday but not in his usual seat. The directors box was, i'm told, very full, which hasnt been the case for a while. My feeling is it won't be monday but maybe later in the week.
  • cafc-west said:

Guy on Valley Express yesterday (first time I've used it) - who seemed vaguely ITK - said he was certain of Monday and that Paul Elliott would be the CEO - not Chairman...

Is he qualified for that position? Remember the last one we had.
  • Redhenry said:

Mike said:

Still on for Monday do you think mate?

Haven't heard any different to what I was told last week.
    Aussies bid the most and won.
    £53m?.
  • Uboat said:

Is it the case that it's all over and we're just waiting for the announcement?
    If so, then it will be tomorrow.
    If there's still a few details too sort out then Monday is presumably a bit unlikely.

If anyone needs me to state the completely obvious on any other issues, please just ask.

Stating the obvious on one thing at a time is enough thanks
  • PeterGage said:

Uboat said:

If there's still a few details too sort out then Monday is presumably a bit unlikely.

If anyone needs me to state the completely obvious on any other issues, please just ask.

Missed out the smiley thingy !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

Uboat said:

Missed out the smiley thingy !!
    Don't worry, as a matter of policy I imagine a smiley thing on the end of every post directed at me. It even turns being invited for a fight into playful banter.
    I am far too old for fistycuffs
  • Swisdom said:

Scoham said:

Were the Aussies there today?

Redhenry said:

Don't think so

Swisdom said:

Definitely a couple of Australian accents in the Directors box and millennium suite today

@Swisdom seems confident there were.

I go in via the players entrance and as I was going in there were 2 guys and a lady coming out. I held the door open for them and both guys thanked me with an unmistakeable antipodean twang.
    Once the game kicked off the first bloke, hereafter referred to as Bruce, and his Sheila were in the Directors box.

Could just be coincidence or a couple of visitors. Who knows. I guess we’ll all find out soon

So, that was Bruce and Sheila but your name's not Bruce. That's gonna cause a bit of confusion.
  • If you were RD would you sell right now or wait
  • cafc-west said:

Guy on Valley Express yesterday (first time I've used it) - who seemed vaguely ITK - said he was certain of Monday and that Paul Elliott would be the CEO - not Chairman...

Is he qualified for that position? Remember the last one we had.
    Ummm. That was my thought exactly - not sure.
  • Thursday at the latest i reckon
  • I had a dream..

Curbishley
    Peacock...Directors of Football

Bowyer
    Jackson...Manager/Coach

Kewell...Barbies in the car park/snake catcher

The latter also in charge of the sheep dip
  • Think there will be a few more twists and turns before this is finally resolved.

And I wouldn't bank 100% on the Aussies getting it over the line if it's purely down to the final bids.
  • I have a feeling that this has got a lot further to run. I can't see it happening next week.
  • Well Crawley, Airman and redhenry all saying Monday so I would go with them!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• If you were RD would you sell right now or wait

What reason does he have to wait? If you're thinking a play-off win that could be a further payment should it happen. Potential buyers won't wait around forever.
  • Not sure about this. Will we have to tamper with the ball from day one? Sandpaper down the budgie smugglers? I don't think so!
  • FAVADDICK said:

Well Crawley, Airman and redhenry all saying Monday so I would go with them!!!

And they've all qualified their statements.

WIOTOS
  • Expect the unexpected, Aussies bid is the lowest.
  • Expect the unexpected, Aussies bid is the lowest.

Precisely. Not only that but the other bidder hasn't gone away from what I understand.
  • Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    Lots of bluff and double bluff going on here I would assume.
    WIOTOS
  • Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    Lots of bluff and double bluff going on here I would assume.
    WIOTOS

Exactly how I see it for now ,
  • I had a dream..

Curbishley
    Peacock...Directors of Football

Bowyer
    Jackson...Manager/Coach

Kewell...Barbies in the car park/snake catcher

The latter also in charge of the sheep dip
    Perfect. That's the potholes sorted.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!