Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

CafcSCP said:

Any Arab looking blokes, or anyone drinking redbull?

Or anyone eating a pot noodle?
    Or w@nking in to a sock.
    While reading poetry
  • Swisdom said:

Scoham said:

Were the Aussies there today?

Redhenry said:

Don't think so

Swisdom said:

Definitely a couple of Australian accents in the Directors box and millennium suite today

@Swisdom seems confident there were.

I go in via the players entrance and as I was going in there were 2 guys and a lady coming out. I held the door open for them and both guys thanked me with an unmistakeable antipodean twang.
    Once the game kicked off the first bloke, hereafter referred to as Bruce, and his Sheila were in the Directors box.

Could just be coincidence or a couple of visitors. Who knows. I guess we’ll all find out soon

Does anyone have a photo of the aforementioned “Bruce” and “Sheila”?
  • No pictures of the directors box... I am very disappointed.
  • Not wishing to dampen spirits but former director David White (owed £250k on his secured loan) earlier on today in this thread, posted that he was about to go on holiday, the club was a shambles and would be in the same state once he has returned or words to that effect. Make of that what you will.
  • Was Murray there today?
  • RedChaser said:

Not wishing to dampen spirits but former director David White (owed £250k on his secured loan) earlier on today in this thread, posted that he was about to go on holiday, the club was a shambles and would be in the same state once he has returned or words to that effect. Make of that what you will.

I saw that and it pissed on my cornflakes too

• RedChaser said:

Not wishing to dampen spirits but former director David White (owed £250k on his secured loan) earlier on today in this thread, posted that he was about to go on holiday, the club was a shambles and would be in the same state once he has returned or words to that effect. Make of that what you will.

Actually, that's not quite what he said.

"Not at Charlton today as off to sunnier climes so good luck and hopefully the clubs is less of a basket case on my return. I have my doubts! #cafc"

He doesn't say it would be still a shambles, he has hopefully it wouldn't be but he had doubts.

• RedChaser said:

Not sure how much he would really know about the intentions of the Aussies though?

Maybe he's even suggesting something entirely different, that a deal won't be done while he's away?
  • Sponsored links:

• dingdong said:

Was Murray there today?

Didn't see him in the Directors' Box but probably wouldn't have been able to see him from where we were sitting.

However, he was walking behind the West Stand when we left around 6.15 and 3 of our "gang" stopped to speak with him.

I held back as I wasn't sure how I'd react to what he had to say.

I could hear how enthusiastic he was about today's performance but what caught my attention most was when he was asked about the takeover, he replied that there were 2 investors still in the game and that he believed it was down to their legal teams to get one of them over the line.

Please don't take my words as verbatim but he definitely said that 2 prospective buyers were still involved in the process.

Now, my immediate reaction was that he was bullsh*tting again based on the nebulous statements he's uttered in recent months but it's only human to wonder whether he's in the know or not at this stage.

I have since read David White's tweet which has made me nervous all over again.....

Observations, please, guys.
  • RedChaser said:

Actually, that's not quite what he said.

"Not at Charlton today as off to sunnier climes so good luck and hopefully the clubs is less of a basket case on my return. I have my doubts! #cafc"

He doesn't say it would be still a shambles, he has hopefully it wouldn't be but he had doubts.

I did say words to that effect Henners but thanks for producing the actual quote for clarity.
  • Wandering around Raumati Beach this morning just about every voice I heard was antipodean - a sign?
  • dingdong said:

Was Murray there today?

Didn't see him in the Directors' Box but probably wouldn't have been able to see him from where we were sitting.

However, he was walking behind the West Stand when we left around 6.15 and 3 of our "gang" stopped to speak with him.

I could hear how enthusiastic he was about today's performance but what caught my attention most was when he was asked about the takeover, he replied that there were 2 investors still in the game and that he believed it was down to their legal teams to get one of them over the line.

Please don't take my words as verbatim but he definitely said that 2 prospective buyers were still involved in the process.

Now, my immediate reaction was that he was bullsh*tting again based on the nebulous statements he's uttered in recent months but it's only human to wonder whether he's in the know or not at this stage.

I have since read David White's tweet which has made me nervous all over again.....

So you there today then Fanny. Missed not seeing you in your usual seat as I was going to congratulate you for your heroic effort going to Blackpool. Not slumming it with the rest of the hoi polloi then ! :smiley:
  • TEL said:

I woke up and the bird laying next to me had a Australian accent.....

Flaming Galah.
  • TEL said:

Flaming Galah.
    Nah they are in the garden.
  • TEL said:

Sorry Tel but this song came to me in a flash...
    Beastiality is best sport, beastility’s best...shag a wallaby...
  • edited March 2018
    TEL said:

I woke up to someone waffling on in Chinese.

The mystery continues.
  • Sponsored links:

• So is everything still on for tomorrow Airman and redhenry ??
  • TEL said:

Flaming Galah.
    A course of antibiotics maybe required for that
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

How much ITK is he? (although the only one truly ITK is Roland I guess)
    Former Director with a secured loan outstanding of £250k I believe.
    So quite ITK then. Oh :(
    Quite possibly here's a breakdown of the former directors loans according to Airman in January totalling £7m;

As well as Murray's £2.6m, Derek Chappell and Bob Whitehand each have £1.2m outstanding, Sir Maurice Hatter £1m, David Hughes £500,000 and David Sumners and David White £250,000 each.
    I'm still waiting on my £1 I paid towards the purchase of Ronnie Moore.

We are still in talks.
  • Scoham said:

Were the Aussies there today?

Redhenry said:

Don't think so

Swisdom said:

Definitely a couple of Australian accents in the Directors box and millennium suite today

@Swisdom seems confident there were.
    Maybe I didn't see any
  • RedChaser said:

Wtf does he know?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dingdong said:

Was Murray there today?

Wouldn't be concerned by what Murray says. He's probably only stating what he is authorised to say. The body language could have had a bit of the old Monty Python.

'Two prospective buyers' nudge nudge 'still involved' wink wink 'over the line' you know what I mean....
  • What's the upside for Murray to say it's done?
  • Guy on Valley Express yesterday (first time I've used it) - who seemed vaguely ITK - said he was certain of Monday and that Paul Elliott would be the CEO - not Chairman...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!