Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Maybe the gunslinger Was right with his tweet
  • I've heard a whisper about the new management set up;

Darren Lehman, Steve Smith and David Warner. Three fair-dinkum Aussies who'll ensure the integrity of our great club is kept firmly intact.

Fairly likely that Lee Bowyer will get us a couple of good results/performances and will then be ironed out by the new regime.

• Maybe we're all characters in some strange fairy story, where it will only happen once no-one believes that it's going to happen.
  • edited March 2018
    My guess would be that RD has seen we now have a moderate chance of a playoff place and has moved the goalposts at the last minute. Absolute tosser.
  • Addickted said:

I suspect there is as much chance of a takeover being announced tomorrow as there is that Hull will be widely accepted with Oxford and Cambridge as one of our three great historic universities

Oi - my daughter got her degree and Masters from Hull.

And Oxford is a dump.
    So did one of mine.
  • edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

How much ITK is he? (although the only one truly ITK is Roland I guess)
    Former Director with a secured loan outstanding of £250k I believe.
    So quite ITK then. Oh :(
    Quite possibly here's a breakdown of the former directors loans according to Airman in January totalling £7m;

As well as Murray's £2.6m, Derek Chappell and Bob Whitehand each have £1.2m outstanding, Sir Maurice Hatter £1m, David Hughes £500,000 and David Sumners and David White £250,000 each.
    I'm still waiting on my £1 I paid towards the purchase of Ronnie Moore.

We are still in talks.
    Respect @ElfsborgAddick I only put 50p in the collection bucket, that's all the loose change I had :wink: .
  • Addickted said:

I suspect there is as much chance of a takeover being announced tomorrow as there is that Hull will be widely accepted with Oxford and Cambridge as one of our three great historic universities

Oi - my daughter got her degree and Masters from Hull.

And Oxford is a dump.
    This is true, we have just dumped Robinson there
  • Sponsored links:

• My guess would be that RD has seen we now have a moderate chance of a playoff place and has moved the goalposts at the last minute. Absolute tosser.

Well if thats the case, he could have purchased a striker and actually had a valid point.
  • Are we going to have to wait for 3 million views for this to be over?
  • My guess would be that RD has seen we now have a moderate chance of a playoff place and has moved the goalposts at the last minute. Absolute tosser.

Not sure that's the case as I heard about the middle eastern interest on Thursday.
  • Just been announced that next year, to add some more excitement, the Boat Race will comprise of Oxford, Cambridge and Hull Universities.
  • I’ll believe it when and if we ever see it
  • Addickted said:

My guess would be that RD has seen we now have a moderate chance of a playoff place and has moved the goalposts at the last minute. Absolute tosser.

Not sure that's the case as I heard about the middle eastern interest on Thursday.
    One thing I know for a 100% fact is that Roland asked the Scottish group to give him 5mil if we were promoted by 2020. He was constantly moving the goalposts.

Perhaps he changed his mind on that or negotiated this into any deal, but it would not surprise me one bit if Roland was making calls adding a mil or 2 at 5pm yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland heard that we won with a new manager yesterday and wants to see if we'll get into the play offs and get promoted so he can ask for more money.
  • robroy said:

I sometimes think we are part of a computer simulation being played by Crystal Palace fans...

I'm thinking it's more like Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap ( Who will it be ?)

But renamed The Rat Trap.
  • It's very much been a case of the usual twitter bods bleating on as if they have some inside scoop then saying things like 'its done but it's not done'
    Realistically none of us will know until it's announced on the official channels.
    End of.
  • Roland heard that we won with a new manager yesterday and wants to see if we'll get into the play offs and get promoted so he can ask for more money.

I would be surprised if there were not already add-on clauses in any draft agreement - x on promotion to the Championship, y on promotion to the PL. On that basis it should already be accounted for.
  • Oh shit, just read all the latest posts and it now seems as though my extra special birthday celebrations for tomorrow are now defunked!!! Nuts!
  • Uboat said:

I really hope it's done tomorrow, for the obvious reasons, but also to see how many of the ITKs on here have got the front to say, 'There you go. Exactly as I predicted.'

Call for Doucher
  • I suspect there is as much chance of a takeover being announced tomorrow as there is that Hull will be widely accepted with Oxford and Cambridge as one of our three great historic universities

AFKA, you are treading on thin ice my friend! I was at Hull Uni from 1973-76. A great place in those days. The poet Phillip Larkin was the head of the university library in those days.
  • Addickted said:

One thing I know for a 100% fact is that AFKA asked the Henry to give him £50 if he promoted him by 2020.
  • Uboat said:

I really hope it's done tomorrow, for the obvious reasons, but also to see how many of the ITKs on here have got the front to say, 'There you go. Exactly as I predicted.'

Call for Doucher
    I will nail my balls the mast and say I have no knowledge of it happening any time soon so if it happens I will be happy and surprised
  • Howells said:

It's very much been a case of the usual twitter bods bleating on as if they have some inside scoop then saying things like 'its done but it's not done'
    Realistically none of us will know until it's announced on the official channels.
    End of.

Seems to be a lot of spurious information leaking out about the sale from multiple sources, not all of which can be correct.

Not sure if it isn't deliberate.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!