Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• When are the elections in St Truiden again?

October
  • I never expected anything over the last year to happen until this summer at the earliest, but I’m increasingly resigning myself to the fact that day by day my sense that he will still be holding the reigns next season and we keep plodding / drifting will continue.
  • No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

Perhaps the players have heard this too?
  • When are the elections in St Truiden again?

Sunday October 14 I believe, which is also an "international weekend" so our league match against Accrington that weekend might be televised.
    I wonder if a few coaches of people from South London might help with the counting of the votes over there.
  • Christ looks like we are stuck with the man.
  • My optimism has all but evaporated. Totally depressing news from SHG, if accurate
  • Sponsored links:

• No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

I can't see that this is any different to what we already know (think we know).
    Redhenry said last week that his "lot" had pulled out.
    As you were.
  • I feel saturdays result effectively ends our promotion push so had s feeling this week will be the week

Fingers crossed
  • Actually gutted that Airman hasn’t told us that my post is completely wrong.
  • edited April 2018
    we should close this thread now tbh , no fee agreed banner to run a long the top like Piccadilly Circus only changing when it’s on the OS
  • Agreed. This thread is a jinx anyway. Let's hope for a miracle on the pitch in the next few weeks and see what happens.and let's hope what you've heard is not accurate. I fear though that it is.

Similar things being said on the other forum too.

I so hope bexley boys version of events turns out to be right.
  • Sponsored links:

• So RD allegedly wants to offload the burden, while still benefitting from any future success for the next 5 year? Is this normal terms for a sale of a League 1 club or is RD a different type of parasite?
  • Agreed. This thread is a jinx anyway. Let's hope for a miracle on the pitch in the next few weeks and see what happens.and let's hope what you've heard is not accurate. I fear though that it is.

Similar things being said on the other forum too.

I so hope bexley boys version of events turns out to be right.

@ElfsborgAddick is having a few beers with him tonight, so he will get more info.
  • IF one party has pulled out, then that may bring things to a close as RD won't be able to play off the 2 potential buyers

This things can take time. For example, the potential takeover of Wigan (a much easier prospect you'd have thought) first emerged in October, was confirmed in January/February, but still hasn't happened.
  • There are people with credibility who still think it may be done before Blackburn.

Therefore the Blackburn game needs to be either a mass demonstration or mass celebration.
  • If he is trying to find a buyer who is willing to include add-ons for the next 5 years then he will be looking for some time.
    Perhaps this time would be the perfect opportunity for Richard Murray to make a statement to the fans.
  • The optimists among us might see this as the end game.

The pessimists as the end of days.

Both may be right.

The Aussies have been around, according to rumours, from before October 2017. Earlier if you believe they are the same group or an off-shoot of, as the AFC group that kicked off this thread over a year ago.

So the Aussies have been around for a long time and they haven't walked away. According to SHG they just won't pay Duchatelet's silly terms.

If the Saudis have walked (and the British group don't actually exist - "fake news" alert) the the President can hang around for another summer or longer in the vain hope of finding a mug punter or he can do the deal the Aussies thought they had done back in February.

Aussies on or around 8 May, which we all know is Victory in Europe Day, is my guess.

LLL&BH

They aren't the original Aussies though from what I can gather, as you may know, a friend told me last week he spoke to one of the guys in the original bid and he walked away after due diligence. This must be a second Aussie group which includes Muir.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!