Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• A couple of posts on Facebook groups is all
  • Any specific comments ?
  • Any specific comments ?

#RolandsGone

"Deal was completed on Monday"
  • Just Fuck Off you poisonous twat, your experiments in politics and football have failed dismally now just concentrate on getting old and leave other peoples toys alone.
  • SELL THE CLUB YOU OLD BALLBAG FACE.

Naughty boy!
  • While I'm always the optimist and obviously want Rocunt out asap, if these Aussies are the same mob as those sniffing round for investment (backup) last year, something still don't sit right with either them, or the deal they / Rocunt are proposing re. Leases and 10% on future transfers etc. (if that is all true of course).

I must admit that despite of all the good things I have read about Muir, I cannot figure out why they would need to raise £50M in shares. Muir sold The Good Guys for $870M and then last year sold another set of holdings for $150M. Which means he is a billionaire. Why not just pay Roland in full? Why raise capital? If true, this is a bit worrisome. A club the size of CAFC should not have such a complicated ownership structure and a billionaire owner should not be so hard up for funds.
  • While I'm always the optimist and obviously want Rocunt out asap, if these Aussies are the same mob as those sniffing round for investment (backup) last year, something still don't sit right with either them, or the deal they / Rocunt are proposing re. Leases and 10% on future transfers etc. (if that is all true of course).

I must admit that despite of all the good things I have read about Muir, I cannot figure out why they would need to raise £50M in shares. Muir sold The Good Guys for $870M and then last year sold another set of holdings for $150M. Which means he is a billionaire. Why not just pay Roland in full? Why raise capital? If true, this is a bit worrisome. A club the size of CAFC should not have such a complicated ownership structure and a billionaire owner should not be so hard up for funds.
    But this is Charlton and even our takeovers have to be a bit sh*t.

Much of what we are hearing is just speculation at the moment. There are sellers who, when offered their asking price, think that must indicate that they should be asking for more.
    In such cases it is sometimes difficult to agree the final figure.
    The add ons may be structured as earn out clauses which are a way of bridging the gap between the respective valuations of the buyer and the seller.
    Let’s just hope a deal can be done and we can move on to happier times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

While I'm always the optimist and obviously want Rocunt out asap, if these Aussies are the same mob as those sniffing round for investment (backup) last year, something still don't sit right with either them, or the deal they / Rocunt are proposing re. Leases and 10% on future transfers etc. (if that is all true of course).

I don't have any inside information. But the idea of the owners of Charlton - or any other club - searching for additional investment doesn't fill me with quite so much fear. More investment means more investors. And an increased number of people ponying up dough means the club's aims have to become more transparent and better understood.

In fact, given the experience of the last four years, I would far sooner have a pool of interested investors, with a shared goal and a thoroughly tested strategy, than a single investor thoroughly convinced he knows best.

Wider ownership of the club exposes the senior management to scrutiny and accountability that's missing from an organisation that runs on the basis of "do it my way and keep doing it my way until Roland tells me I have changed my mind".
    Agree. Multiple people putting their money on the line means multiple people to hold the senior management to account if the club underperforms.
  • Chizz said:

While I'm always the optimist and obviously want Rocunt out asap, if these Aussies are the same mob as those sniffing round for investment (backup) last year, something still don't sit right with either them, or the deal they / Rocunt are proposing re. Leases and 10% on future transfers etc. (if that is all true of course).

I don't have any inside information. But the idea of the owners of Charlton - or any other club - searching for additional investment doesn't fill me with quite so much fear. More investment means more investors. And an increased number of people ponying up dough means the club's aims have to become more transparent and better understood.

In fact, given the experience of the last four years, I would far sooner have a pool of interested investors, with a shared goal and a thoroughly tested strategy, than a single investor thoroughly convinced he knows best.

Wider ownership of the club exposes the senior management to scrutiny and accountability that's missing from an organisation that runs on the basis of "do it my way and keep doing it my way until Roland tells me I have changed my mind".
    Agree. Multiple people putting their money on the line means multiple people to hold the senior management to account if the club underperforms.
    Isn't that how Palace have gone about things. Parish is just the front for them, he's wealthy but he had some seriously wealthy initial investors. And didn't he get investment from the american bloke Josh something or other a couple of years later?
  • Nug said:

Chizz said:

Isn't that how Palace have gone about things. Parish is just the front for them, he's wealthy but he had some seriously wealthy initial investors. And didn't he get investment from the american bloke Josh something or other a couple of years later?
    Josh Harris. Don't know that much about the setup at Palarse to be honest.
  • Nug said:

Chizz said:

Josh Harris. Don't know that much about the setup at Palarse to be honest.
    Original consortium was

Parish (TAG Worldwide)
    Stephen Browett (Farr Vinters)
    Martin Long (Founder Churchill Insurance)
    Jeremy Hosking (Marathon Asset Management) net worth £330 million
  • Now the Play-offs are over this needs to happen ASAP and a full time manager appointed. Bowyer deserves a go IMHO. Very concerned about the ground ownership but hopefully this can be sorted out.
  • Now the Play-offs are over this needs to happen ASAP and a full time manager appointed. Bowyer deserves a go IMHO. Very concerned about the ground ownership but hopefully this can be sorted out.

Hopefully the talk of RD owning anything relating to the club after the sale turns out to be nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Murray is a cockroach.

Ran a dishwasher on a hot pans cycle in Florida once. Went to unload it and a huge roach sauntered out like he'd just had a luke-warm shower with some "no tears" Simple Baby All-in-One-Wash. The only way to get rid of them is to crush them under a heel.
  • cafcfan said:

Uboat said:

Murray is a cockroach.

Ran a dishwasher on a hot pans cycle in Florida once. Went to unload it and a huge roach sauntered out like he'd just had a luke-warm shower with some "no tears" Simple Baby All-in-One-Wash. The only way to get rid of them is to crush them under a heel.
    Actually, it’s the worst way to kill them. Eggs will stick to your shoe and spread them. The best way is poison. They return to their shed, sorry, nest and die. They are then eaten by other cockroaches who in turn die.
  • Must have been some party!!
  • Chizz said:

Our ownership in the 90s was like this. An ever increasing number of rich investors joining the board, which at one point, when you added in the associate directors, was almost as big as the playing squad!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!