Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Oh ffs, see all these new posts and think someone's got the new intel and it's all because kangaroo Jack was on a wind up

Just sell the club

He won't like you calling him that, and he's a bit feisty, I can foresee a few people being invited to the hallowed tarmac of Mackros car park if he's ever in town again.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

When the Three Sevens Clash

@JamesSeed @stonemuse @LoOkOuT
  • Options
    I have a question... has anyone ever actually failed a fit and proper persons test?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

From 1977
    I’ve got a safety pin stuck in my soul
    A badge pinned to my heart
    Says “I can’t be bought or sold”
    Whatever were we thinking of
    When we were shooting our mouths off
    The truth is alive
    From 1977 until the THREE SEVENS CLASH

I fought for what I believe in
    On the punk rock barricade
    A suburban revolution
    Broadcast on street airwaves
    Whatever were we trying to do
    We are in the pages of ‘Sniffin’ Glue’
    The truth is alive
    From 1977 until THREE SEVENS CLASH
  • Options

Leaving aside the obvious points about the quality of the outcome, it doesn’t seem the fit and proper persons test took any time at all when it was applied to Duchatelet - and that was over Christmas.

But he was only one person rather than half a dozen people from a convict nation : - )
  • Options
    Phew.
    I can pull my pants up now.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

From 1977
    I’ve got a safety pin stuck in my soul
    A badge pinned to my heart
    Says “I can’t be bought or sold”
    Whatever were we thinking of
    When we were shooting our mouths off
    The truth is alive
    From 1977 until the THREE SEVENS CLASH

I fought for what I believe in
    On the punk rock barricade
    A suburban revolution
    Broadcast on street airwaves
    Whatever were we trying to do
    We are in the pages of ‘Sniffin’ Glue’
    The truth is alive
    From 1977 until THREE SEVENS CLASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PjURr7lb4
  • Options

Does anyone know who, or what sort of people (solicitors? / accountants?) sit on this panel? Surely they should have the capability to deal with 2 cases at the same time if ever the need arrises?

If it's like a lot of advisory panels, it won't be their day job so it will need to be scheduled around that. Also there are probably statutory timescales you need to give them to read the submitted pack. I can't imagine two takeovers pop up at once very often so probably date ordered.

Having done it for local government in a previous life, panel and committee admin is a ball ache and can lead to delays just because of statutory process. Unlikely they'll call an extraordinary session for little old charlton ;)

Patience is a virtue!
    I'd be a bit more sympathetic to this very reasonable POV if anyone had actually failed the process.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry - it’s Gerard Murphy and the new UK firm would need to acquire Baton 2010 or both its subsidiaries - CAH Ltd and CAFC Ltd.
  • Options

Leaving aside the obvious points about the quality of the outcome, it doesn’t seem the fit and proper persons test took any time at all when it was applied to Duchatelet - and that was over Christmas.

Possibly because there are multiple individuals being considered in the fit and proper test. For Duchatelet it was just Duchatelet and his mate who owns 10% of staprix.
  • Options
    Didn’t the Man City owner before the Arabs have to sell the club because he failed the fit and proper test when it got brought in?
  • Options

Possibly because there are multiple individuals being considered in the fit and proper test. For Duchatelet it was just Duchatelet and his mate who owns 10% of staprix.
    Imagine when Swansea got bought then - dont they have somethng like 30+ US investors?
  • Options
    The end of the old scrote is nigh, rejoice brothers & sisters!

Like many people on here I will welcome the change of ownership with open arms and honestly just hope for the best that they have the interests of the club at heart.

Aslong as the toxic old turd has gone that's the main thing.
  • Options

Maybe this time its taking ages because it is a Fund/Syndicate buying the club and disclosure on multiple investors takes longer, multiple Bank references,lawyers etc...
    That's assuming they have finally raised the total amount.
  • Options

Maybe this time its taking ages because it is a Fund/Syndicate buying the club and disclosure on multiple investors takes longer, multiple Bank references,lawyers etc...
    That and waiting for them to go through their checks on the Sunderland takeover...
  • Options
    @ozziedave it's worth noting that: Charlton fans have been deeply scared by the belgians ownership, it's like having been in a very very bad relationship and finding it hard to trust your new partner who might seem the perfect fit

and...

Charlton fans, I particular some of those who frequent this message board are some of the most pessamistic people on the planet who love a moan ;-) it's nohting to do with he class system!

I'm really excited about the Aussies and can't wait and I'd go to the Aussie internationals at the valley too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon the only hold up is captain yellow teeth trying to cash in on Jeremy Sarmiento
  • Options

@Davidsmith

You much repeated this line about them not having the money or not being able to raise the money or needing to go to the city for money as an issue.

Quite often you have framed these concerns as questions "why if they have the money haven't they.....?"

But I've never been clear as to why you think they don't have the money or what your sources are?

It's perfectly legitimate to ask "Do they have the money?" but you have stated/implied that you are fairly sure that they don't have the money but on what basis?
    Ditto.
  • Options

@Davidsmith

You've much repeated this line about them not having the money or not being able to raise the money or needing to go to the city for money as an issue.

Quite often you have framed these concerns as questions "why if they have the money haven't they.....?"

But I've never been clear as to why you think they don't have the money or what your sources are?

It's perfectly legitimate to ask "Do they have the money?" but you have stated/implied that you are fairly sure that they don't have the money but on what basis?
    Its is based on a few things, one being the fact that it has taken them over a year to get to a position where they can actually agree terms.
    Secondly they have approached many people for funding and thats a fact
    The issue of not approaching Ex Directors about Loans I have always found strange,if they have a multitude of funds then there is no need, but if I was the buyer I would want to at least discuss those loans and what can be done if anything , as if it all goes wrong they get paid before me as the owner.

• Options

@Davidsmith

You've much repeated this line about them not having the money or not being able to raise the money or needing to go to the city for money as an issue.

good post.
  • Options

Would the length of time undertaking this depend on what data is supplied with the original paperwork to the EFL, I would assume the EFL point out to backers/investors what they need supplied to them?, in which case any hold up would come from any quieries on those details, if none are forth coming then it should not take long for the EFL to sanction the takeover.
  • Options

@Davidsmith

Its is based on a few things, one being the fact that it has taken them over a year to get to a position where they can actually agree terms.
    Secondly they have approached many people for funding and thats a fact
    The issue of not approaching Ex Directors about Loans I have always found strange,if they have a multitude of funds then there is no need, but if I was the buyer I would want to at least discuss those loans and what can be done if anything , as if it all goes wrong they get paid before me as the owner.

Thanks for the answer.

I think the taking over a year could be lots of reasons other than just not having funds although I agree it could well be a significant factor.

I have highlighted the part that you say is a fact? Based on what evidence. I know you can't give names and dates but why is it fact?

The last part you seem to be arguing with yourself. If they have a multitude of funds then as you say there is no need so would point to them having more money, not less.
  • Options
    I'm going for Thursday this week
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!