Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It's definitely going to reach 1,000 pages, isn't it?
  • Options

Does anyone like fish sticks?

No
  • Options

Now I may well be completely wrong here but I read James comments about the 2 investors differently.

It came across to me that they still had to sign off on the final price/deal/ terms of agreement with Roland. Not that they still had to sign up to the project. I assume they are already on board with the project to buy us but at that point hadn't given their go ahead on the final agreement.

Surely it wouldn't have got this far without proof of funds.

You see and some chump was doubting your economics qualifications the other day...
    Nice one @cantersaddick and whilst you’ve got your counting hat on if you could just spare a second for @NapaAddick he’s having troubles working out his pocket money....
  • Options
    Working tomorrow and won't see this thread till 5ish and there will be 150 to 250 more hits mostly hollow and RD will still be the owner------- bored with it all
  • Options

Working tomorrow and won't see this thread till 5ish and there will be 150 to 250 more hits mostly hollow and RD will still be the owner------- bored with it all

This, i'd be surprised if it is done before july

And obviously delighted.

But it's just on hear say, that's no disrespect to anyones sources, but with how things have been

Nobody really knows when and if it will be a "done deal"
  • Options

Yeah. I've got a bad feeling about all of this.
  • Options

I’d say right up until 645 pm tonight my contacts remember it’s more than one have been bang on the money

I hope you’re right that there is an announcement tomorrow and the deal is done

I also hope soundas is right and Muir has put his hand in his pocket

However without going back through the thread

How many tomorrows have there been on this thread alone

“There is no tomorrow...” - Apollo Creed (Rocky III)
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

Fingers and fins crossed!

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

Just to clarify, do you believe the deal is done and will be announced or tomorrow, or simply that Muir is going to Australia on the weekend so tomorrow would be a good time to announce it?
    Truthfully I don't know. The optimist in me thinks the fact that that Muir is going to Australia at the weekend would make tomorrow a good time to announce it...
    And the pessimist I'm me might think it's still got some way to go
    I hope your optimism wins James.

In the meantime.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    Harsh - @JamesSeed doesn’t even own the club.
    Yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’d say right up until 645 pm tonight my contacts remember it’s more than one have been bang on the money

I've only said it's possible.
  • Options

This has got to be the most frustrating thread in the history of Charlton Life. Just got in from work saw there were over 260 new posts. Read them all. Still none the wiser, just speculation and bloody fish puns.

Why couldn't my nan have taken me and my brother to see Arsenal, West Ham or even Palace all those years ago? Why Charlton? Bet she's laughing her head off from up there.

Hey!....Not any ole Fish Puns....were the Addocks (Haddock)
  • Options

It’s there a way this thread can be closed until something actually happens . It’s so annoying that look for the the first time today and there are 100’s of new comments. most of which are total nonsense.

Hundreds plus one
  • Options

“There is no tomorrow...” - Apollo Creed (Rocky III)
    “My own brother, a god damn, shit-sucking vampire...” - Sam Emerson (The Lost Boys)
  • Options
    What has this thread got to do with the price of fish, huh.
  • Options
    We can probably just forget about having a good transfer window. Not enough time now. Although I suspect there will be time to sell Konsa.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

There's not a single person in 800 pages who's known exactly what is going on and when - assuming it does - the club will be sold and to whom.However, everyone on this and all the other sites, and those blissfully unaware of them, will know with absolute certainty is when it is officially confirmed by the club itself.
    In the mean time carry on pissing your knickers.

Such insight

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Now I may well be completely wrong here but I read James comments about the 2 investors differently.

It came across to me that they still had to sign off on the final price/deal/ terms of agreement with Roland. Not that they still had to sign up to the project. I assume they are already on board with the project to buy us but at that point hadn't given their go ahead on the final agreement.

Surely it wouldn't have got this far without proof of funds.

You see and some chump was doubting your economics qualifications the other day...
    Nice one @cantersaddick and whilst you’ve got your counting hat on if you could just spare a second for @NapaAddick he’s having troubles working out his pocket money....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We can probably just forget about having a good transfer window. Not enough time now. Although I suspect there will be time to sell Konsa.

Why’s that then?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

There's not a single person in 800 pages who's known exactly what is going on and when - assuming it does - the club will be sold and to whom.However, everyone on this and all the other sites, and those blissfully unaware of them, will know with absolute certainty is when it is officially confirmed by the club itself.
    In the mean time carry on pissing your knickers.

Like it.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I've only said it's possible.
    I've been saying for ages that it will take place manana, but who listened? Fecking nobody, that's who listened.
    In the words of the bard "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow"
  • Options
    When it's on the OS.

• Options
    Maybe now that all the excitement is dying down we can get back to fish puns. I admit I swallowed Mr Seed's story hook line and sinker.
  • Options

A Promote has been awarded @JamesSeed

This is the CL equivalent of the George Cross

Don’t make me remove it tomorrow. You wouldn’t like me when I remove promotes...

I hope you broke this gently to @Henry Irving
  • Options
    If it was going to be tomorrow wouldn't the club have announced a press conference by now ?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

A Promote has been awarded @JamesSeed

This is the CL equivalent of the George Cross

Don’t make me remove it tomorrow. You wouldn’t like me when I remove promotes...

I hope you broke this gently to @Henry Irving
    As the great Robert Nesta Marley said

No promotes, no cry
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!