Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone like fish sticks?
  • Options
    Mal said:

So...who do u feel will be the S kipper next season?

Paul Shoals will be Manager. David Gold (fish) will be on the board. Mike Salmon in goal trying to keep them out the net.
  • Options

Does anyone like fish sticks?

I’ve been known to be partial to Crabs in the past..
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Given the fish obsession perhaps we should change the name of this forum.

Net Addicks has a nice ring to it.

Right back to the 90's there :smile:
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

All the way through this process and all the way through the aussies involvement I was told they don’t have the funds , everything that person has told me has so far been bang on the money

I agree that there’s a difference in not signed off and no money but I believe the info

Since zabeel I have been sceptical of all investors or prospective owners and this is no different things leak out that is the nature of football some solid info and some shite this is pointing towards solid info at the moment because they have shown me nothing to make the info false

Fair enough point mate, but I would also suggest that most people have no idea how much money the Aussies have or are willing to spend
    They have enough to have spend £1m so far over nearly two years.
    which is a mere drop in the ocean compared to what will be needed to make us even a competitive Championship club.

My point was regarding NLA's fear that they don't have enough. I doubt anybody, including the Aussies themselves can predict what will be spent as things change and it's dependant on other factors too.

I would be of the solid opinion that they have enough money to make us competitive, and I would imagine at the very least would make the effort initially just to get the fans onboard.
    The point is they spent that much just to be able to put a bid in. They know how much will be needed to make us competitive, rather than just survivors.
    Gone are the days when the fella who owned the local garage would buy his local football club for the prestige, or because he's a fan.
  • Options

Now I may well be completely wrong here but I read James comments about the 2 investors differently.

It came across to me that they still had to sign off on the final price/deal/ terms of agreement with Roland. Not that they still had to sign up to the project. I assume they are already on board with the project to buy us but at that point hadn't given their go ahead on the final agreement.

Surely it wouldn't have got this far without proof of funds.

Correct. They just had to sign off on a couple of details.
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

Given the fish obsession perhaps we should change the name of this forum.

Net Addicks has a nice ring to it.

Right back to the 90's there :smile:
    Oh 'Appy, them were the days. You try telling these kids today, they'll never believe you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as new owners don't bring back Krill Fry as manager
  • Options
    Mal said:

Mal said:

So...who do u feel will be the S kipper next season?

Paul Shoals will be Manager. David Gold (fish) will be on the board. Mike Salmon in goal trying to keep them out the net.
    personally our squad should be as follows... Mark Fish, Steve Guppy, Geoff Salmons, Peter Haddock, Bert Trautmann, Geoff Pike, Jamie Pollock, Juan Pablo Angel, Marlin Harewood, Ruud Mullet, Prawn Wright Phillips, Dirk Trout, and manager Clam Allardyce.
    I'd be looking to bring back Tamer Tuna, Levander Pike and Bradley Pilchard for a more Charlton feel.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Breaking news coming folks !

He’s fishing again :wink:
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Arrrgghhghhgghggggh

I'm so excited!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

JamesSeed said:

Arrrgghhghhgghggggh

I'm so excited!!!!!
    I just can't hide it!

https://youtu.be/8iwBM_YB1sE
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Like, soon or just at some point?
  • Options
    alangee said:

I think the fit and proper persons check is a farce and a load of bollox but I am sure they would expect to see the ability to have clear funds

Now if two investors have not committed then there are not clear funds

And there for no fit and proper test would be able to be completed

Mays wage bill will still be picked up by Roland as although a fee in principle has been agreed we have not been sold so it’s his problem

But you are assuming that thses two investors have not yet signed off. Whereas nothing has been said that they have signed off, nothing has been said that they have not signed off either.
    i am not assuming anything @JamesSeed was told this in his meeting with someone involved with the take over and he posted it on his update
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Heartbeat just doubled... If James shows us the fish he's just bought with a pun I'm gunna smash my PC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I hope it's not wind
  • Options

Will it reach 800 pages over the weekend?

cafcwill said:

Will it reach 800 pages over the weekend?

nope, by Friday afternoon.

all it will take is one Tweet / Comment / News article that either has a new nugget of info about the takeover or a bizarre way of cooking something.

We haven't even hit Thursday yet. plenty of time
    Told u we'd hit 800 before the weekend
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

Fingers and fins crossed!

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

so... tomorrow or not for another two weeks.. which imo would be a bit too late in terms of finding a manager and getting targets.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

Fingers and fins crossed!

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

And breath!
  • Options
    Tour round the museum after the press conference at the Valley with plenty of opportunity for photos.
  • Options

Now I may well be completely wrong here but I read James comments about the 2 investors differently.

It came across to me that they still had to sign off on the final price/deal/ terms of agreement with Roland. Not that they still had to sign up to the project. I assume they are already on board with the project to buy us but at that point hadn't given their go ahead on the final agreement.

Surely it wouldn't have got this far without proof of funds.

I read it as that also and that’s why I don’t believe it’s at EFL fit and proper stage because if we can’t agree the price with Roland

We can’t be at EFL stage

If we have agreed a price with Roland butvits pending these two investors signing off we can’t be at EFL stage

For that reason alone

I believe and I don’t have any info other than what has been told to me in oct -May

The Aussie bid does not have the funds

Not that they won’t not that they may never but right now they don’t

It’s like the fee agreed all over again I told you for months it’s not imminent it’s not a done deal no fee agreed

I have heard and I posted it when @LargeAddick asked has a fee been agreed

yes it has

That is different to a fee being agreed and a deal done all it means is a price agreeable to both parties has been found

Now find the cash to deliver it

And they still ain’t !!!!
    We know who your source is, but he may not be truly in the loop NLA.
  • Options
    So either we're getting a press conference with the new owners tomorrow, or in two weeks, or they haven't even put a bid in for the club yet.................
  • Options
    JS press conference tomorrow?.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!