Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018

razil said:

Not if the deal hung on the playoffs, still logical to assume its with the EFL assuming it ever was and that will take time

But if anything has been lodged with the EFL why is it not in the public domain? How many Leeds owners have been presented to the EFL for the fit & proper test, Sky & the BBC always report it before a decision is made.

Numerous other clubs have had foreign owners go through the fit & proper test and all have been reported in the press. The Sunderland deal was in the press long before it was ratified?
    What counts as being in the public domain? SLP and NewsShopper have recently reported on it. Sky Sports did before the play-offs as well.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Maybe as suggested by various sources it’s with the EFL and we were waiting for Sunderland’s checks to be completed before they started on ours. As a consortium they’ll need to carry out the fit and proper test on every member. How big is the consortium? No one appears to know. It could take a few weeks for many reasons and not necessarily funding.

Maybe “it’ll go through once we know what league we we’re in next season” was never really the case either.

Sunderland was done and dusted two days ago, the new owner is talking to possible new managers now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44198581
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Maybe as suggested by various sources it’s with the EFL and we were waiting for Sunderland’s checks to be completed before they started on ours. As a consortium they’ll need to carry out the fit and proper test on every member. How big is the consortium? No one appears to know. It could take a few weeks for many reasons and not necessarily funding.

Maybe “it’ll go through once we know what league we we’re in next season” was never really the case either.

Sunderland was done and dusted two days ago, the new owner is talking to possible new managers now.

Exactly, the EFL work on their takeover has only recently been completed.
    I would love to be proved wrong and eat a large slice of humble pie but I doubt the EFL have any info on who is buying us because nothing has been lodged.

If something had been lodged it would have been leaked and reported.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

This.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Scoham said:

So we expect the EFL to process and finish Charlton in a day and a half since then? Not going to happen.
  • Options

Scoham said:

So we expect the ELF to process and finish Charlton in a day and a half since then? Not going to happen.
    Elf’s only do their real work around xmas time, they should be able to speed through this misadventure...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:

So we expect the ELF to process and finish Charlton in a day and a half since then? Not going to happen.
    Elf’s only do their real work around xmas time, they should be able to speed through this misadventure...
    If they have something to "speed through"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

Looks like they've got permission to speak with the St. Mirren boss (Jack Ross)

Is a risk I think; plenty of Managers have done well in Scotland yet have flopped badly in the Football League
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I would love to be proved wrong and eat a large slice of humble pie but I doubt the EFL have any info on who is buying us because nothing has been lodged.

My source wasn't lying. What would be the point of doing that?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

It has been reported by Rich Cawley at the SLP.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

When the Takeover goes through, hopefully soon and this thread is over it will be the best thing to happen on the Charlton Life forum. So much awful info and so many comedians that are just not funny. Hurry @efl get this done.

I am with NLA on this one, if the consortium had the funds in place things would be moving/announced. It is nearly two weeks since we learned what league we will be playing in next season so no excuses for not knowing that info.

If this mob do manage to scrape up the funds to buy us and get us started next season I will not be expecting them to splash the cash to mount a promotion push.

Not necessarily. They said it'll be done this week, and it's still this week. They were also honest enough to say two investors had to rubber stamp things, and that of course means that it could indeed still fall through, although the impression I received was that the rubber stamping was almost a formality.

As for your 'If this mob do manage to scrape up the funds to buy us' comment, you have to bear in mind that they don't want to buy us as a bit of fun, or a hobby, (which Andrew Muir could do quite easily on his own if he wanted), they want to invest in us with a view to establishing us as a Premier League club, which requires a whole different level of financial backing. If they were going in only with Andrew Murray's cash, then that might be the time to get worried.

As the fella said, 'we've done our bit, let's see what happens'.
    Keep the Faith
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Starting to think this is the case too. We might be in the pits of the lower leagues but it would still very much be mainstream news - if happening of course and the lack of it is concerning.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So you don’t believe SLP or NewsShopper? I doubt they’re just making it up or basing what they publish on what @jimmyseed and @Airman Brown say.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Starting to think this is the case too. We might be in the pits of the lower leagues but it would still very much be mainstream news - if happening of course and the lack of it is concerning.
    Would it? Since when did the national media care about Charlton? We're always ignored.
  • Options
    I hope you are right James and I am badly wrong as I want RD out as much as the next person and I want to end my boycott.

I am just comparing what is going on in Belgium & SE7 to when other clubs get bought and as per usual when it involves Charlton it feels different and sadly in a wrong way.

I am getting ready to be disappointed, not excited.

• Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Time for a bike ride I think. Has anyone tried phoning the EFL? I'm sure they'd be very helpful...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

What has?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

What has?
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/andrew-muirs-consortium-facing-final-test-which-needs-to-be-passed-to-become-new-owners-of-charlton-athletic/
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So you don’t believe SLP or NewsShopper? I doubt they’re just making it up or basing what they publish on what @jimmyseed and @Airman Brown say.
    Why not? It has been reported many times on here in the past that both papers are being "lazy" with their reporting and research as they just appear to be writing what gets posted on here.

The last place i would look for valid info is on either of those two web sites.

• Options
    Sorry, too many panicking on here. I'm convinced, without in the slightest being in the know, that the takeover is just around the corner. And when it comes down to it, any evidence that HAS come out implies that. The delay could be something as simple as obtaining information on members of the consortium, as they are based half way around the world, in Australia.

"Steady, the Buffs! "
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

What has?
    The stuff you said.
  • Options
    Nothing has changed on the leasing situation since the question was asked by Meire before Christmas, so that’s a bit of a red herring in terms of current timings.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Would it? Since when did the national media care about Charlton? We're always ignored.
    Yes. Murray's 'February' statement went nationwide at least.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Yes. Murray's 'February' statement went nationwide at least.
    The difference being that was a statement from the club. The current stuff is coming from the buyer and off the record, which makes it harder to report with any authority. Duchatelet clearly has no interest in telling fans anythIng unless he can use it to lever money from the buyer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!