Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I'm waiting for Grapevine to post his response , wonder how many puns he can work into one of his posts ???
  • Options
    Hopefully we can finally get rid of RD hook, line and sinker
  • Options
    If only Roland wasn't a cheap skate
  • Options

Sorry to talk about the takeover, but the Newshopper reckons the sale price is @£35M.

Seems a lot but then again under half of what his experiment has cost RD
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

What’s fish here? A genuine takeover update:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/16245778.Charlton_takeover_update__Price__Valley_ownership_and_squad_plans/

According to NewsShopper:

- Club expected to be sold for £35m.

- If it doesn’t happen RD to reluctantly consider appointing senior management staff.

- RD wanted to lease The Valley but only 3 of the 7 former directors agreed.

Who the fuck are those 3 directors
    My thinking aswell, obviously promised a cut of the spoils.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/16245778.Charlton_takeover_update__Price__Valley_ownership_and_squad_plans/

- If it doesn’t happen RD to reluctantly consider appointing senior management staff.

The three who wanted their loans repaid now I would guess.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

It’s not true that bit about the lease
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

I'll take a guess at one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Some idiot put it out there that 'it's happening' this week, and not a squeak has been heard since.

So obviously it'll happen tomorrow when I'm at the Chelsea Flower Show where no doubt the 4G will be agonisingly slow.

@Covered End is at a test match. Anyone else anywhere unusual? I'm just fishing here....

[edit: Some news at last!]

I'll be at the training ground and then the Valley.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

My guess would be Richard Murray, Maurice Hatter and maybe David Sumner. Think the first two fairly strong odds on. Apologies to David and the other two if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Bought for 20 million.
    Destroyed the club.
    Selling it for 35 million.
    How does that work?

As Covered End and others have pointed out, RD invested a lot of money during the past four years so overall he lost a huge amount.

I just wish he would get less from this sale than he originally paid.
  • Options

Sorry to talk about the takeover, but the Newshopper reckons the sale price is @£35M.

I did a rough calculation months ago.
    When you add in the ground & training ground improvements, plus increase in the freehold values and bearing in mind he possibly got Charlton cheapish, it's a bit top heavy, but just about a realistic price.
  • Options
    got a feeling about today - it could be my piles but it could be good news
  • Options
    But are the ground improvements really upgrades that would impact the value, or are they just part of what should have been a regular ongoing maintenance programme?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

My guess would be Richard Murray, Maurice Hatter and maybe David Sumner. Think the first two fairly strong odds on. Apologies to David and the other two if I'm wrong.
    You’re wrong. I doubt this is accurate but Dave Hughes is probably the most likely to fall in with RM after MH by process of elimination.

This is all a bit of a red herring since RD could buy out the four of them for the cost of Naby Sarr if he had the opportunity to lease the ground.
  • Options

When you add in the ground & training ground improvements, plus increase in the freehold values and bearing in mind he possibly got Charlton cheapish, it's a bit top heavy, but just about a realistic price.
    I guess the increase in Prem TV money comes into it to an extent. There's a much bigger potential reward on offer compared to when RD bought the club.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace get £114m for what????
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Scoham said:

I guess the increase in Prem TV money comes into it to an extent. There's a much bigger potential reward on offer compared to when RD bought the club.

That's obscene.

How many lower league, non league and grassroots clubs that have gone bust would have been rescued by less than 1%of what the lowest placed PL club receives?

Football in this country is broken.
    And that's four years ago. Take a look at this year's figures. It's just insane...
    http://www.cityam.com/285635/premier-league-prize-money-2017-18-gbp10m-still-up-grabs
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Some idiot put it out there that 'it's happening' this week, and not a squeak has been heard since.

So obviously it'll happen tomorrow when I'm at the Chelsea flounder Show where no doubt the 4G will be agonisingly slow.

@Covered End is at a test match. Anyone else anywhere unusual? I'm just fishing here....

[edit: Some news at last!]

Corrected
  • Options
    So the news reports that Duchatelet may be obliged to appoint staff to run the gaff.
    Here comes the player sales, and here comes a beaming smile on Cojones face.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

So the news reports that Duchatelet may be obliged to appoint staff to run the gaff.
    Here comes the player sales, and here comes a beaming smile on Cojones face.

Quite a worrying line that. Is there a real danger that this deal still falls through?
  • Options
    Very mixed signals at the mo.

On one hand hints it could be today / coming days

On the other hand suggestion RD may have to appoint staff, which would suggest the opposite

As they say, WIOTBSTT
  • Options
    Beware false dawns
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!