Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Maybe as suggested by various sources it’s with the EFL and we were waiting for Sunderland’s checks to be completed before they started on ours. As a consortium they’ll need to carry out the fit and proper test on every member. How big is the consortium? No one appears to know. It could take a few weeks for many reasons and not necessarily funding.

Maybe “it’ll go through once we know what league we we’re in next season” was never really the case either.

Sunderland was done and dusted two days ago, the new owner is talking to possible new managers now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44198581
    Exactly, the EFL work on their takeover has only recently been completed.
    I would love to be proved wrong and eat a large slice of humble pie but I doubt the EFL have any info on who is buying us because nothing has been lodged.

If something had been lodged it would have been leaked and reported.
    Starting to think this is the case too. We might be in the pits of the lower leagues but it would still very much be mainstream news - if happening of course and the lack of it is concerning.
    Would it? Since when did the national media care about Charlton? We're always ignored.
    Yes. Murray's 'February' statement went nationwide at least.
    The difference being that was a statement from the club. The current stuff is coming from the buyer and off the record, which makes it harder to report with any authority. Duchatelet clearly has no interest in telling fans anythIng unless he can use it to lever money from the buyer.
    I don't dispute the point you make. My point was more just to say that Charlton news especially involving a takeover would still be mainstream media news worthy.

I just feel too much misinformation has been published before though not through the fault of anybody well intended that the mantra of WIOTOS is probably best plaiced now :)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

@ozziedave no disrespect intended, but I didn't get the same impression you did at all. I thought the response here was overwhelmingly positive, bearing in mind that our previous experience with foreign owners was such a disaster.

I get the feeling that of all the world's nationalities that might be buyng Charlton, yours was probably at the very top of the acceptable list, as we have more in common with you than anyone.

I’ll second this.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Maybe as suggested by various sources it’s with the EFL and we were waiting for Sunderland’s checks to be completed before they started on ours. As a consortium they’ll need to carry out the fit and proper test on every member. How big is the consortium? No one appears to know. It could take a few weeks for many reasons and not necessarily funding.

Maybe “it’ll go through once we know what league we we’re in next season” was never really the case either.

Sunderland was done and dusted two days ago, the new owner is talking to possible new managers now.

I would love to be proved wrong and eat a large slice of humble pie but I doubt the EFL have any info on who is buying us because nothing has been lodged.

I thought it had already been leaked by at least one poster thats ITK that we have sent said fom (can't remember what its called) to the EFL.

I don't know whats worse.......all the fish puns or all the negativity.

For the record I believe the takeiver will go through before the month is out & that whoever the owner(s) are that they have enough money to fund not only the running of the club but also some player purchases.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

JamesSeed said:

@ozziedave no disrespect intended, but I didn't get the same impression you did at all. I thought the response here was overwhelmingly positive, bearing in mind that our previous experience with foreign owners was such a disaster.

I get the feeling that of all the world's nationalities that might be buyng Charlton, yours was probably at the very top of the acceptable list, as we have more in common with you than anyone.

Agree with this @ozziedave

I think you've been a bit too sensitive mate. I doubt that very many have got anything but good, balanced views of Australians. What you are detecting in the comments isn't so much negativity about the prospect of Aussie owners as concern that our experiences of the last few years aren't repeated. Most of us were very happy when Duchatelet "saved us" from the con-men previously in charge but within a week we had big warning signs from Belgian football fans and shortly thereafter the Circus of the Incompetent got under way.

Get over to the Uk sometime, get down the Valley, and you won't find a more welcoming, good natured bunch.
    And I’ll second this as well.
  • Options
    Why has nobody picked up on @JamesSeed revelation that Andy Murray might buy us on his own? So this is the mystery British bid!! :wink:
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

When the Takeover goes through, hopefully soon and this thread is over it will be the best thing to happen on the Charlton Life forum. So much awful info and so many comedians that are just not funny. Hurry @efl get this done.

I am with NLA on this one, if the consortium had the funds in place things would be moving/announced. It is nearly two weeks since we learned what league we will be playing in next season so no excuses for not knowing that info.

If this mob do manage to scrape up the funds to buy us and get us started next season I will not be expecting them to splash the cash to mount a promotion push.

Not necessarily. They said it'll be done this week, and it's still this week. They were also honest enough to say two investors had to rubber stamp things, and that of course means that it could indeed still fall through, although the impression I received was that the rubber stamping was almost a formality.

As for your 'If this mob do manage to scrape up the funds to buy us' comment, you have to bear in mind that they don't want to buy us as a bit of fun, or a hobby, (which Andrew Muir could do quite easily on his own if he wanted), they want to invest in us with a view to establishing us as a Premier League club, which requires a whole different level of financial backing. If they were going in only with Andrew Murray's cash, then that might be the time to get worried.

As the fella said, 'we've done our bit, let's see what happens'.
    I agree with you, i'm not Clown-ing around when I say nothing fishy in that!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Why has nobody picked up on @JamesSeed revelation that Andy Murray might buy us on his own? So this is the mystery British bid!! :wink:

I noticed that. I remember that Andy Murray once came to the Valley for a game in the Premiership I think. If that was enough to convince him to invest then all I can say is WOW!
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I thought it had already been leaked by at least one poster thats ITK that we have sent said fom (can't remember what its called) to the EFL.

I don't know whats worse.......all the fish puns or all the negativity.

For the record I believe the takeiver will go through before the month is out & that whoever the owner(s) are that they have enough money to fund not only the running of the club but also some player purchases.
    If they are spunking £35 million and they don’t have funds to make the club progress from the purchase then they might just as well flush that £35 million straight down the dunny.

Of course they have funds. Inconceivable that they don’t.

Yep, I reckon (and hope!!) they're sandbagging. If Roland was asking me for £75m and I wanted to pay half that, I certainly wouldn't tell him I had £150m in the bank.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don’t buy into the view that funds are still not in place. Duchatelet would be needing to be spending significant amounts himself to progress this deal and proof of funding is 100% required before a seller engages.

I’m convinced this has been very complicated due to the mess that was left in Duchatelet’s purchase of the club and due no doubt also to him being an arsehole. Add to that it was only a week ago that we definitely knew what division we were in next term and the rumoured issues about RD wanting to lease The Valley and you have enough “stuff” going on to have made this a protracted sale. Would Muir and Murphy really be as high profile at The Valley and at Sparrows if they were still miles away from a deal ? Personally I can’t see it. In fact RD would be quite justified in telling them to keep away.

I’m sure this is close.

@JamesSeed reported two investors still had to sign off that’s the answer right there as of that meeting funds were not in place

The EFL can not conduct a fit and proper test based on who can own us and what money is there to support it and where does that money come from if two of those who are funding it haven’t yet agreed to do so
  • Options

Don’t buy into the view that funds are still not in place. Duchatelet would be needing to be spending significant amounts himself to progress this deal and proof of funding is 100% required before a seller engages.

I’m convinced this has been very complicated due to the mess that was left in Duchatelet’s purchase of the club and due no doubt also to him being an arsehole. Add to that it was only a week ago that we definitely knew what division we were in next term and the rumoured issues about RD wanting to lease The Valley and you have enough “stuff” going on to have made this a protracted sale. Would Muir and Murphy really be as high profile at The Valley and at Sparrows if they were still miles away from a deal ? Personally I can’t see it. In fact RD would be quite justified in telling them to keep away.

I’m sure this is close.

@JamesSeed reported two investors still had to sign off that’s the answer right there as of that meeting funds were not in place

The EFL can not conduct a fit and proper test based on who can own us and what money is there to support it and where does that money come from if two of those who are funding it haven’t yet agreed to do so
    Not disagreeing regarding the EFL at all, your point is a valid one. How can they approve an application regarding proof of funds if investors haven't approved the project? Perhaps only if the ones to sign off were very small investors

But all of that does not say they don't have enough money. I just get the impression they were trying to force Rolands hand and/or investors weren't willing to commit until they agreed a reasonable price.
  • Options
    I've heard today the Philip Akein is going to be on board aswell don't know how true !!
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

I've heard today the Philip Akein is going to be on board aswell don't know how true !!

Who?
  • Options
    All the way through this process and all the way through the aussies involvement I was told they don’t have the funds , everything that person has told me has so far been bang on the money

I agree that there’s a difference in not signed off and no money but I believe the info

Since zabeel I have been sceptical of all investors or prospective owners and this is no different things leak out that is the nature of football some solid info and some shite this is pointing towards solid info at the moment because they have shown me nothing to make the info false
  • Options
    as has been said by lots of peeps if RD appoints the CEO/CFO then the deal is off, assuming it was ever "on".We will see a fire sale and a couple of has beens in and our slide will go on. RD will go for some sort of sale of the carp park area at The Valley and go in hard ---offer LB Greenwich "affordable housing" blah blah.

sick to fecking death with it all.
  • Options
    When do funds have to be lodged to service the May wage bill?
  • Options

All the way through this process and all the way through the aussies involvement I was told they don’t have the funds , everything that person has told me has so far been bang on the money

I agree that there’s a difference in not signed off and no money but I believe the info

Since zabeel I have been sceptical of all investors or prospective owners and this is no different things leak out that is the nature of football some solid info and some shite this is pointing towards solid info at the moment because they have shown me nothing to make the info false

Fair enough point mate, but I would also suggest that most people have no idea how much money the Aussies have or are willing to spend
  • Options

Don't have funds to buy the club, run the club steadily or put big money into the club to make a real difference?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When do funds have to be lodged to service the May wage bill?

Already I would think.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Beware false dawns

Who pretends to be called Dawn?
    I love the crack of Dawn.
  • Options
    I’d assume the fit and proper test only applies to whoever will be the “owners and not to any financial backer/private investor
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I’d assume the fit and proper test only applies to whoever will be the “owners and not to any financial backer/private investor

Over 10% I think but not sure why I think that.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

What protection is there for a private investor without either a charge on the assets (good luck with that) or in our case, more likely equity in the business - so a part 'owner'. Now whether the fit and proper test only applies to the majority shareholder or all shareholders is something I'm not sure about.

• Options
    Calm down everybody. It will happen. OAFDUMP, the acronym you can rely on.
  • Options

The most important info @james seed was given to disclose was that it had still to be given approval by two investors

Until that was given it could not pass the EFL test as there was no deal to approve

I still dont believe they have the relevant funds required to run us in a way that will enable us to get out tod this league any time soon

And if they do they are not showing it in how long this is dragging on

Neither do I, I think and always have done that some other buyer will take us over.
  • Options
    I think the fit and proper persons check is a farce and a load of bollox but I am sure they would expect to see the ability to have clear funds

Now if two investors have not committed then there are not clear funds

And there for no fit and proper test would be able to be completed

Mays wage bill will still be picked up by Roland as although a fee in principle has been agreed we have not been sold so it’s his problem
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

After our last 3 results, he’s Scottish.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Taxi_Lad said:

What protection is there for a private investor without either a charge on the assets (good luck with that) or in our case, more likely equity in the business - so a part 'owner'. Now whether the fit and proper test only applies to the majority shareholder or all shareholders is something I'm not sure about.

I thought the fit and proper person test would only be for the board of directors, not necessarily for the investors (unless they are all to sit on the board). Otherwise any football club that is listed on any stock exchange would have to have the test applied to any new shareholders which would clearly not happen. Without knowing how they are going to be structuring the business it is impossible to know to whom the test needs to be applied.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!