Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Tour round the museum after the press conference at the Valley with plenty of opportunity for photos.

Tour not until return to UK.
  • Options
    JS only Muir, Murphy and Elliott?.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

Fingers and fins crossed!

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

Just to clarify, do you believe the deal is done and will be announced or tomorrow, or simply that Muir is going to Australia on the weekend so tomorrow would be a good time to announce it?
  • Options

Now I may well be completely wrong here but I read James comments about the 2 investors differently.

It came across to me that they still had to sign off on the final price/deal/ terms of agreement with Roland. Not that they still had to sign up to the project. I assume they are already on board with the project to buy us but at that point hadn't given their go ahead on the final agreement.

Surely it wouldn't have got this far without proof of funds.

I read it as that also and that’s why I don’t believe it’s at EFL fit and proper stage because if we can’t agree the price with Roland

We can’t be at EFL stage

If we have agreed a price with Roland butvits pending these two investors signing off we can’t be at EFL stage

For that reason alone

I believe and I don’t have any info other than what has been told to me in oct -May

The Aussie bid does not have the funds

Not that they won’t not that they may never but right now they don’t

It’s like the fee agreed all over again I told you for months it’s not imminent it’s not a done deal no fee agreed

I have heard and I posted it when @LargeAddick asked has a fee been agreed

yes it has

That is different to a fee being agreed and a deal done all it means is a price agreeable to both parties has been found

Now find the cash to deliver it

And they still ain’t !!!!
    Let’s for one moment say you’re right.
    What if Muir simply up’s his stake which he can at any time if he so wishes....therefore they/he do have the funds.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

Just to clarify, do you believe the deal is done and will be announced or tomorrow, or simply that Muir is going to Australia on the weekend so tomorrow would be a good time to announce it?
    I took it to mean the latter.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Update:

Muir returning to Oz for 2 weeks could mean anything, unless you know more than you're telling.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

JS press conference tomorrow?.

Don't know, but you'd think something must be either happening tomorrow, or in two weeks time?

I know it's frustrating that we still don't know what's happening and when, but I'm quite sure if it's happening tomorrow they're not going to announce it through me.

WIOTOW, or whatever?

I'm just please they haven't announced they're pulling out.

Word of caution: When I asked my contact if they were gutted we didn't get promoted, they said no, this a long term deal.
    When I talked about the transfer window already being open, they shrugged and said exactly the same thing.

Basically their attitude is that the speed of the takeover is something they can't control, so why get stressed about it.

Of course they haven't had to sit through two season of League One football already :-(
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Update:

Truthfully I don't know. The optimist in me thinks the fact that that Muir is going to Australia at the weekend would make tomorrow a good time to announce it...
  • Options

Tour round the museum after the press conference at the Valley with plenty of opportunity for photos.

I can feel my first visit to the museum coming on ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Update:

Truthfully I don't know. The optimist in me thinks the fact that that Muir is going to Australia at the weekend would make tomorrow a good time to announce it...
    And the pessimist I'm me might think it's still got some way to go
    I hope your optimism wins James.

In the meantime.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
  • Options

There has been two “niggling” points that have been negotiated and resolved over the last week or so. The outcome of those new agreements was what had to be signed off by two of the investors. I understand that was effectively a formality hence we are where we now are on the verge of completion subject to EFL.

No idea if JS is correct about tomorrow but let’s hope he is.

I haven't predicted anything, I just said it's possible. It'd be great if it happened tomorrow of course!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Update:

Something you should want to do regardless.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

There has been two “niggling” points that have been negotiated and resolved over the last week or so. The outcome of those new agreements was what had to be signed off by two of the investors. I understand that was effectively a formality hence we are where we now are on the verge of completion subject to EFL.

I haven't predicted anything, I just said it's possible. It'd be great if it happened tomorrow of course!
    If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'd just like to say, JS...

On yer bike !

:smile:
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'd just like to say, JS...

On yer bike !

:smile:
    I have a tandem Fanny. Just sayin' ......
  • Options
    When Jimmy seed was called up to serve in WW1 he was enrolled in the Sunderland Cycle Corps.
    If anyone has a picture of him in uniform, and on his bike, I'd like a copy of it very much.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Surely it’s entirely possible he just has something to tend to back in Aus regardless of the takeover, you’re in a position to know more than most and I’m hoping you might not be letting on a bit of extra detail that’s feeding your optimism but I’m still not gonna get too excited
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Update:

Could announce his aquistion of Charlton tomorrow and return home for a break in preparation of the upcoming task.

If that's the case, I can imagine he leave a structure in place to go ahead with manager searching & players etc whilst he sorts himself out.

If it's announced tomorrow then it will be either Fosters or XXXX if they still sell it over here!
  • Options

I have tomorrow off work. Gonna need a new f5 button!!!!

Is that an euphemism?
  • Options
    I expect an announcement will be made tomorrow r.e takeover, and Muir to return to Oz while the EFL persons test concludes.
  • Options
    Next month could be late in planning for next season?.
  • Options
    I’d say right up until 645 pm tonight my contacts remember it’s more than one have been bang on the money

I hope you’re right that there is an announcement tomorrow and the deal is done

I also hope soundas is right and Muir has put his hand in his pocket

However without going back through the thread

How many tomorrows have there been on this thread alone
  • Options

I’d say right up until 645 pm tonight my contacts remember it’s more than one have been bang on the money

I hope you’re right that there is an announcement tomorrow and the deal is done

I also hope soundas is right and Muir has put his hand in his pocket

However without going back through the thread

How many tomorrows have there been on this thread alone

It is always tomorrow :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!