Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

So the news reports that Duchatelet may be obliged to appoint staff to run the gaff.
    Here comes the player sales, and here comes a beaming smile on Cojones face.

And that would end my 54 year love affair with our club :(
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Beware false dawns

Who pretends to be called Dawn?
    Maybe people called Dawn are pathological liars...
  • Options

Beware false dawns

Is a false Dawn like a false Nine?
  • Options
    I wonder what Breams of terse and Bexley Koi make of this?
  • Options
    When the Takeover goes through, hopefully soon and this thread is over it will be the best thing to happen on the Charlton Life forum. So much false info and so many awful comedians that are just not funny. Hurry @efl get this done.
  • Options
    I wonder at what point RD will feel he has to act and appoint staff?

Currently, the first pre-season friendly is on 7th July. Therefore you have to assume that the players report back for pre-season on Monday 2nd July?

Would he appoint staff a week prior to this i.e. end of June? Or would he carry on hoping it goes through well into pre-season, and then potentially have to appoint staff only a week or two before the start of the season?
  • Options
    35mil seems a lot for a League 1 club that needs work, but its still only about 1/6 of Neymar.

Think you have to remember football has moved on and as the figures for the Premier League clubs show, the reward to get there will tempt people and also make clubs like ourselves more valuable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When the Takeover goes through, hopefully soon and this thread is over it will be the best thing to happen on the Charlton Life forum. So much false info and so many awful comedians that are just not funny. Hurry @efl get this done.

I don't know what I'll do if the takeover goes through and this thread dies.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Very mixed signals at the mo.

On one hand hints it could be today / coming days

On the other hand suggestion RD may have to appoint staff, which would suggest the opposite

As they say, WIOTBSTT

I've heard nothing at all.

And before anyone says that I said it would be this week, it was only what my person said, and I urged caution at the time I posted the info here.

Could still be this week of course.
  • Options

I'll buy me own fish!
  • Options

This thread will never be over - it has developed a life of its own and will continue to provide daily inspiration.

Worth a Promote - surely?
  • Options
    It's looking fairly binary at the moment.

Either,

Takeover announced: total joy

Takeover falls through (i.e starting next season with RD in charge): total despair

All we can do is wait. It's not like we haven't had lots of practice at that, is it?
  • Options
    The suggestion that Duchatelet may appoint staff along with the fact that he got arsey with the ROT guys handing out leaflets in StTruiden makes me think that in his mind at least there is still a way to go.
    I really hope my gut is wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

The most important info @james seed was given to disclose was that it had still to be given approval by two investors

Until that was given it could not pass the EFL test as there was no deal to approve

I still dont believe they have the relevant funds required to run us in a way that will enable us to get out tod this league any time soon

And if they do they are not showing it in how long this is dragging on

Bang on and certainly my take on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am with NLA on this one, if the consortium had the funds in place things would be moving/announced. It is nearly two weeks since we learned what league we will be playing in next season so no excuses for not knowing that info.

If this mob do manage to scrape up the funds to buy us and get us started next season I will not be expecting them to splash the cash to mount a promotion push.
  • Options
    Where we think now that were so close to a take over - any type of rumour/or news gossip is going to make us somewhat jumpy, that's a normal reaction. But, Roland in his wisdom has not as yet appointed anyone as CEO etc, no one of real relevance has stated the take-over has failed, so let's just keep believing it's going to happen soon, and I still believe it will.
  • Options
    Mal said:

I'll buy me own fish!
    I might buy a rabbit
  • Options
    Not if the deal hung on the playoffs, still logical to assume its with the EFL assuming it ever was and that will take time
  • Options
    I see Frank Lowy is now cashed up ... big football supporter in Aus ... 5th richrst person globally. Perhaps there's a connection ?
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

The suggestion that Duchatelet may appoint staff along with the fact that he got arsey with the ROT guys handing out leaflets in StTruiden makes me think that in his mind at least there is still a way to go.
    I really hope my gut is wrong.

I am hoping that somehow the ROT people can challenge the actions of the local police who said they needed a licence to campaign.
    Incidentally the quiz they created on their election leaflet was brilliant, well done guys.
    It looks increasingly like we need to marshall our resources to go after Roland some more, and more belligerently.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Mal said:

I'll buy me own fish!
    I might buy a rabbit
    Well at least that's upmarket to a Pot Noodle
  • Options
    razil said:

Not if the deal hung on the playoffs, still logical to assume its with the EFL assuming it ever was and that will take time

But if anything has been lodged with the EFL why is it not in the public domain? How many Leeds owners have been presented to the EFL for the fit & proper test, Sky & the BBC always report it before a decision is made.

Numerous other clubs have had foreign owners go through the fit & proper test and all have been reported in the press. The Sunderland deal was in the press long before it was ratified?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!