Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    The yo-yo thread.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Funnily enough, bexley boy has said exactly the same regarding a statement!
    Give it about a week and our own Mystic Meg will pipe up too
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

They answer emails nowadays then?
  • Options

Things are still happening not saying it’s the Aussies they are happening with but things we still turning under foot

Let’s see what happens in the next 7 days we will know then

The statement will be along these lines I reckon

• Options
    Well let's see what tomorrow brings - what choice do we have?
  • Options

The yo-yo thread.

It’s the Del Amitri thread mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

JamesSeed said:

What happens With the busy IF it isn’t positive news?
    Ok it will be positive news in that they believe the sale will go ahead. I just don’t want anyone to expect anything more positive than that.
    Like a date.
  • Options

Things are still happening not saying it’s the Aussies they are happening with but things we still turning under foot

Let’s see what happens in the next 7 days we will know then

The statement will be along these lines I reckon

Along the lines of “things are still happening, not saying we’re buying the club but someone eventually will” :lol:
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Can I suggest that, at this point and after waiting for a week (or is it 2???) for thee statement to be released to say it's all done and dusted - anything other than a statement saying as much is not gonna be positive news?

No at dig at you personally Jim.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

It’s happening... well a document has appeared on Baton 2010 Limited’s page on companies house:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07326155/filing-history/MzIwNzcxNTUxMGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

In plain English, what exactly does that imply, Scoham?

Sorry to be dense.

Charge number 1, so the club doesn’t owe HSBC any money...probably hasn’t for a while - I thought Roland was funding the club - and nobody has previously got around to getting HSBC to release the charge- and it probably got queried when the due diligence was going on...that’s my guess anyway

Up till now the fixed charges that ex-directors have on the real estate has prevented Duchâtelet from selling the club and keeping the Valley, - at least that is my understanding.

If Duchâtelet is trying to settle all these charges and ex-directors are willing to comply, then we are truly f##ked

Companies house shows those charges are the ones numbered 3 to 9 and they are still in place. 1 & 2 were HSBC and Lombard North and they've been satisfied. The directors ones are 3 Derek Chappell, 4 David White 5 David Hughes 6 Sir Maurice Hatter 7 Richard Murray 8 56 Developments LLP (Robert and Helen Whitehand) 9 David Sumners
    CL never ceases to amaze. After years and years of twaddle (imo), you come out with a gem like this.
    Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @JamesSeed you know 2 of them now?!
  • Options
    Sensei said:

RD's making unreasonable demands on potential purchasers and in doing so is slowly killing our Club.

At present we're victims of asset stripping and the delusional valuation imposed by RD. It's 'Death by a thousand cuts' if RD remains.

So how do we help change things? How about we all participate in a mass boycott? I appreciate there are those who will passionately argue against this but consider the alternatives.

At present RD is cost cutting and apparently seeking staff to steer us through next season. Maybe he's checking things out with other relatives over in Belgium? More KMs could arrive and the whole stupid cycle could start all over again. One thing is for sure he won't be paying high salaries for either Senior Management or for playing staff.

But....if we boycott totally and wholeheartedly (and I know this hurts for many) what is presently an unsustainable business will quickly become a suicidal one. RD will be forced to dispose of us for a more realistic figure or if not then he will face the continued long term financing of a broken wounded business or he will be confronted with Administration. He will want to avoid the latter because he could lose a lot of the money he is trying to recover. So that would leave the bargain basement sale as his only viable choice. If he's a stubborn as we think then he might consider Administration although I doubt it because he would loose a lot more money.

So, Administration....

Putting aside the ethical issues (and these are many and complex) but just to test the principle what would happen if a mass boycott resulted in CAFC being taken in receivership?

There will be many on the forum who can advise specifically on this but from my perspective, if this were to be the outcome would things get any worse?

At this moment in time I can't see how so let's take the points penalty, let's take the pain, let's take another miserable season but I think this will finally rid us of RD and provide investors with a leaner business at a more reasonable price. Let's call his bluff.

Touching upon the ethical issues us Fans could propose that plans to be put in place to agree to future compensation packages for local businesses and suppliers. The larger Corporate sponsors (Carlsberg and Caterers) will surely merely jump ship.

We've done it before during the Hulyer era and great things followed. Let's be brave and try and avoid this Belgian cancer and play the only cards we have -

TOTAL BOYCOTT

Please discuss.....

While I don't disagree with the points you made, the thing with boycotting while RD is in charge is that IMO it's more of a moral thing, RD is too rich for a boycott to hurt him in the pocket.

If he does completely asset strip us this summer I expect this could be the last straw for a lot of remaining ST holders.
  • Options
    We will not go Bust.

Hopefully.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Let’s just see what tomorrow’s statement brings us shall we.

We have been on one hell of a rollercoaster, it was so close around a week ago, then it looked to have fell apart, and now we might be on the up of good news again.

People, just get some sleep. (That way we can dream this is all over and @Henry Irving doesn’t get to his 1000 pages)

Although it will, at least another 100 :wink:
  • Options

Bowyers on fire...Cawley on Twitter now saying Kashi is gone, confirmation by Bowyer.

3 down, 2 to go.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Sensei said:

RD's making unreasonable demands on potential purchasers and in doing so is slowly killing our Club.

At present we're victims of asset stripping and the delusional valuation imposed by RD. It's 'Death by a thousand cuts' if RD remains.

So how do we help change things? How about we all participate in a mass boycott? I appreciate there are those who will passionately argue against this but consider the alternatives.

At present RD is cost cutting and apparently seeking staff to steer us through next season. Maybe he's checking things out with other relatives over in Belgium? More KMs could arrive and the whole stupid cycle could start all over again. One thing is for sure he won't be paying high salaries for either Senior Management or for playing staff.

But....if we boycott totally and wholeheartedly (and I know this hurts for many) what is presently an unsustainable business will quickly become a suicidal one. RD will be forced to dispose of us for a more realistic figure or if not then he will face the continued long term financing of a broken wounded business or he will be confronted with Administration. He will want to avoid the latter because he could lose a lot of the money he is trying to recover. So that would leave the bargain basement sale as his only viable choice. If he's a stubborn as we think then he might consider Administration although I doubt it because he would loose a lot more money.

So, Administration....

Putting aside the ethical issues (and these are many and complex) but just to test the principle what would happen if a mass boycott resulted in CAFC being taken in receivership?

There will be many on the forum who can advise specifically on this but from my perspective, if this were to be the outcome would things get any worse?

At this moment in time I can't see how so let's take the points penalty, let's take the pain, let's take another miserable season but I think this will finally rid us of RD and provide investors with a leaner business at a more reasonable price. Let's call his bluff.

Touching upon the ethical issues us Fans could propose that plans to be put in place to agree to future compensation packages for local businesses and suppliers. The larger Corporate sponsors (Carlsberg and Caterers) will surely merely jump ship.

We've done it before during the Hulyer era and great things followed. Let's be brave and try and avoid this Belgian cancer and play the only cards we have -

TOTAL BOYCOTT

Please discuss.....

If only everyone would, I am, but of course we'll never persuade the Charlton till I die lot but the way things are going, it feels like the club may die before them!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!