Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    Heard it from three different people in respect of three different transfers, complete or otherwise, all of which are in the public domain.
    He is playing a card game right now theres no value in doing that

He sold one to bring the value of the club down and make it more reachable for Aussies with the information in this thread a few pages back I’d say there’s some value in reducing the debt to bring that part of the club sale out snagging list and make it more affordable and attractive

Now if those sniffing continue to struggle to raise the money or just keep stalling I don’t doubt there may be truth in it

But he also knows cafc in the fourth division has a significant affect on the zeros he has placed as the total value

But let's be clear, by doing that Roland himself also benefits wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    I can't believe what I'm reading here...
  • Options
    This situation is insanity
  • Options

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

Trouble is, we just don’t know. All we know is the spin / version that one side wants to leak out.

It could be the Aussies just can’t get the finance after having lost a couple of backers. It could equally be that after the recent sale of assets Roland still wants the same asking price for the club (but now with less assets), which the Aussies might think is taking the mick.

None of us know. It’s painful.

The stories about RD holding a fire sale aren’t coming from the Aussies at all.
    So what are the Aussies saying about this @Airman Brown ?

Are they out?
    The Aussies aren't saying anything at the moment, and only leak minimal info (since the beer meet).
    Not being funny James, but if their ever was a time to give them a call now would be it.
    It doesn't work like that unfortunately.
    You have their number, they’ve given you info, there’s been developments since Sunday, I’m sure you can get something out of them.
  • Options
    Is the thing still happening at noon tomorrow at The Valley?

(Apologies to those who aren't ITK about the thing that's going to happen at noon tomorrow at The Valley).
  • Options
    Brentford clearly offered the most upfront and the best deal for Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much is Roland expecting for the club?

£30m would/should be the absolute most any bidder would go for imo. Even then you could argue it's £10m overpriced and that without any fire sale

Still expect there to be some more twists in this yet, it was only a week ago Muir was hoping to finalise a sale, and we know Roland wants to sell asap.

Does anyone know if the search for a ceo, cfo etc is in progress?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

About to read 300 new posts. I hope something good has happened.

Well that was fun. Realised about half way through that nothing good had happened.
    If Roland is the owner for another year I really think I could lose interest completely, though the trip advisor reviews will never stop.
  • Options

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    No we don’t know mate and the same as the spill about RD moving goal posts due to the sale of konsa

Personally I’d say that the decision was forced by a lack of moving forward to an agreed date by the buyer is the only reason I could see your risk 40 odd mil for 3 mil
  • Options
    After what Bow said and what some people have said on here, I'm pretty sure he's gonna still be at the Club next season at least
  • Options

He would do - he’s losing money hand over fist.
    As does every club below the Premier League. We just have an owner who refuses to understand that is NORMAL.
  • Options

£30m would/should be the absolute most any bidder would go for imo. Even then you could argue it's £10m overpriced and that without any fire sale

Still expect there to be some more twists in this yet, it was only a week ago Muir was hoping to finalise a sale, and we know Roland wants to sell asap.

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
    This is what I don't understand.

Surely RD would know this is probably as good a bid as he'll get but I assume the bid was never accepted? The key question is why and @Redhenry is there any chance at all the bid could be resurrected if The Aussies have walked and suddenly this bid now appeals to RD?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
    They bid that to match the Aussies at the time. He was still looking for 50.
    And presumably still is?
  • Options

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
    This is what I don't understand.

Surely RD would know this is probably as good a bid as he'll get but I assume the bid was never accepted? The key question is why and @Redhenry is there any chance at all the bid could be resurrected if The Aussies have walked and suddenly this bid now appeals to RD?
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to that
  • Options
    What might change things is us trying to push this volatile man's buttons. Something that might just make him say fcuk it!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Funnily enough, bexley boy has said exactly the same regarding a statement!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

What happens With the busy IF it isn’t positive news?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!