Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I have heard the Aussie bid fell apart last week. Club not worth what they want.
  • Options
    So the past fortnight we were getting the positive stories from the Aussies.That was until Roland's been to town and now were getting the other side of the coin.

Both trying to confuse everyone. Nothing official is allowed due to NDA. I bet the announcement, one way or the other, will just come out of no where like the Konsa sale

Keep calm, Keep the Faith,

Everyone Altogether now...

• Options
    Redhenry said:

I have heard the Aussie bid fell apart last week. Club not worth what they want.

But your boys are going ride in on their bright, white Arabian Horses and save the day...right?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

If that is true they are as mad as Roly, why waste the time and money for the past year if they didn't want to pay the fee? Surely negotiations and legal wrangling only start when an agreement is likely. Unless DD threw up something, but everyone can see what a state the club is in.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

cafcpolo said:

None of us know. It’s painful.

Not as painful as Henry's countdown. Please please close the thread on 999 pages :wink:
    Count up not down

933 so only 77 pages to go or three Grapevine posts
    Can't count Henners, 67 pages
    Closer than I thought then

Two grapevine posts, one AFKA "guys" pleas for calm and a wreckinham stream of consciousness
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Who to believe..? Only two days ago JamesSeed gets a message from the Aussies stating they are ‘still working away at it'...and to be patient’
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Valley11 said:

Trouble is, we just don’t know. All we know is the spin / version that one side wants to leak out.

It could be the Aussies just can’t get the finance after having lost a couple of backers. It could equally be that after the recent sale of assets Roland still wants the same asking price for the club (but now with less assets), which the Aussies might think is taking the mick.

The stories about RD holding a fire sale aren’t coming from the Aussies at all.
    So what are the Aussies saying about this @Airman Brown ?

Are they out?
    Maybe. Several people have said they are out but not heard of them saying it directly to anyone yet.
    Several people from inside the club? Horrendous if true
    People inside the club have rarely been a source on the whole saga, generally because they have been kept in the dark.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A whole 18 months
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Trouble is, we just don’t know. All we know is the spin / version that one side wants to leak out.

It could be the Aussies just can’t get the finance after having lost a couple of backers. It could equally be that after the recent sale of assets Roland still wants the same asking price for the club (but now with less assets), which the Aussies might think is taking the mick.

Are they out?
    The Aussies aren't saying anything at the moment, and only leak minimal info (since the beer meet).
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Are they out?
    Maybe. Several people have said they are out but not heard of them saying it directly to anyone yet.
    Tbf haven’t heard officially that they were ever in.
    I guess the submission to the EFL by Chris Parkes is about as official as it gets.
    I’ll take your word for that shall I?
  • Options
    The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Are they out?
    Tbf haven’t heard officially that they were ever in.
    I guess the submission to the EFL by Chris Parkes is about as official as it gets.
    I’ll take your word for that shall I?
    You could always ask Chris.
  • Options

Says who
  • Options

He would do - he’s losing money hand over fist.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I had a message on Sunday saying it hasn't. Also had a message yesterday which didnt mention the takeover. If it had fallen through I'm sure he would have mentioned it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

Are they out?
    The Aussies aren't saying anything at the moment, and only leak minimal info (since the beer meet).
    Not being funny James, but if their ever was a time to give them a call now would be it.
    It doesn't work like that unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Says who
    Heard it from three different people in respect of three different transfers, complete or otherwise, all of which are in the public domain.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    What a mess we're in, it just goes to show how important it would have been for us to win promotion last season. Had we been promoted there would have probably been more interested buyers and maybe one of them would have paid the madman's over-inflated asking price if we were only one step away from The Premier League.

As it stands even if Bowyer does bring in 4 players this just doesn't cover the loss of the 5 loanees, Lennon, Kashi, Konsa and 2 more outgoings and anybody else RD cashes in on. Make no mistake unless a takeover happens we're in for a long hard season at the wrong end of the table and if we get relegated again it could be 4-5 years (from now) until we even see The Championship again let alone The Premier League.

RD will not want to put another penny of his own money in and if cuts are happening I wouldn't be surprised if the mad old fool goes the whole hog and closes the Upper Tiers of the ground relocating anyone with a ST bought already and also shuts down the big screen, after all he's never there to watch it anyway!

So the question now to all the ITK guys surely has to be, have The Aussies walked away for good and if they have what are the chances of any previous party coming back to the table or any new parties arriving? If the whole process goes back to square one we really are screwed...it's my upcoming 30th year supporting Charlton and this really does feel worse than it did during the exile years.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Because even if it's not the Aussies, Duchatelet isn't it in for the long-term. Cash upfront means he keeps it and the next owners don't benefit from add-ons. It's the reason Brentford were able to get Konsa.
  • Options
    that the end of us
  • Options
    can’t see a party coming in now from scratch to buy a third their club with half a squad and no SMT unless it is effectively given away...
  • Options

Says who
    Heard it from three different people in respect of three different transfers, complete or otherwise, all of which are in the public domain.
    He is playing a card game right now theres no value in doing that

He sold one to bring the value of the club down and make it more reachable for Aussies with the information in this thread a few pages back I’d say there’s some value in reducing the debt to bring that part of the club sale out snagging list and make it more affordable and attractive

Now if those sniffing continue to struggle to raise the money or just keep stalling I don’t doubt there may be truth in it

But he also knows cafc in the fourth division has a significant affect on the zeros he has placed as the total value

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!