Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• Options

Just got Madden for £23 at Game after trading in a few games.

In the real world, the Browns have cut Joe Haden.

Not surprised by this, hasn't really been the same player for a few years and has missed quite a few games

3-0 in pre-season, which may end up meaning nothing, but interested to see how Kizer does as a starter, hopefully can go the year without missing (m)any games

• Options

Played through the whole Longshot last night, my grade was awful don't get me wrong but still very cliche.

Any good?
  • Options

Played through the whole Longshot last night, my grade was awful don't get me wrong but still very cliche.

Any good?
    I'd say it was decent yeah, several really good moments but eventually I found myself a bit bored in the cutscenes. Not much gameplay at all.
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Just got Madden for £23 at Game after trading in a few games.

In the real world, the Browns have cut Joe Haden.

Not surprised by this, hasn't really been the same player for a few years and has missed quite a few games

3-0 in pre-season, which may end up meaning nothing, but interested to see how Kizer does as a starter, hopefully can go the year without missing (m)any games

Haden signs 3 year deal with the Steelers
  • Options

I played for about 90 minutes virtually nothing happens got utterly bored and reverted to finding ways to get John Ross the ball. He's got a 26.8 yard avg per reception so far!!
  • Options

Burfict given a 5 game suspension I've seen the hit that earned him it. Admittedly I am slightly biased but that is a bollocks decision

Reduced to 3 games after appeal, should have been a 15 yard penalty and that's it. He didn't hit the head or use his to hit the fella, Burfict is no angel but the whole thing is still bollocks
  • Options

Any good?
    I'd say it was decent yeah, several really good moments but eventually I found myself a bit bored in the cutscenes. Not much gameplay at all.

I played for about 90 minutes virtually nothing happens got utterly bored and reverted to finding ways to get John Ross the ball. He's got a 26.8 yard avg per reception so far!!
    I think I'll just head straight to MUT in that case then. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/31/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-kia-roberts-recommended

Lead investigator is only person to talk to the alleged victim.

NFL lead investigator suggests dropping the case against Zeke after talking with the alleged victim.

Lead investigator barred from the committee who made suspension decision.

Committee, led by rabid Giants fan Lisa Friel, decides Zeke should be suspended six games.

Think Zeke has a great shot at getting this suspension overturned... I can hope. Would be good for the Cowboys and good for my fantasy team.
  • Options
    Also only one week until the season starts now with Chiefs @ Patriots.
  • Options
    Consensus seems to be that there's slim chance of Zeke getting his suspension reduced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Osweiler cut by the Browns...
  • Options

Osweiler cut by the Browns...

Essentially paid $16m for a 2nd rounder next year. Not bad considering their cap space.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Elliot's ban will likely be reduced. But it's all rather unsavoury. That particular franchise has plenty of players with questionable morals and if you are only concerned about fantasy football rather than whether he mistreated his girlfriend then that of course is up to you.
  • Options
    Think that's a bit naughty to suggest that I care more about fantasy than I do about the well being of an ex-girlfriend. Of course Elliott should be suspended (and more) if he is guilty. However, when you read into the case it's obvious he's innocent of this particular crime.

There are various pieces of evidence that compromise the validity of the accounts of alleged victim, including one text message conversation in which she discussed with a friend how much she could extort from Elliott. Later, the NFL's lead investigator caught her in multiple lies during interview.

People can put it more eloquently than me but this whole saga seemed like a witch hunt from the start and now Elliott plans to sue the NFL over it. The case was thrown out by a court of law and the NFL's own lead investigator suggested the case be dropped but they pressed forward with a ban anyway.

The guy is a prat who needs to grow up and has done other questionable things in the past year but that's not what he's on trial for.

I'd also love to know which players on the Cowboys team have questionable morals or are those just the words of a sour Eagles fan? :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    Madden:

Franchise and MUT modes are as good as ever.

Longshot was ok for a first attempt but I went in expecting more. I won't lie, I learned a few things from it and thought the Jack Ford character was interesting I just felt it needed that bit more gameplay. Also Dan the Man is in it so that automatically boosts it ;).

NFL:

Sad to see Okoye cut again but the phins are very deep on the DLine. Landry sounds like he is headed for a Zeke suspension which would be a massive blow, but if he did it he deserves it. I still expect a tough season with our schedule but looking forward to it.

Oh and I have my season tickets as I saw some people asking earlier. Also Phins are the early game next Sunday against the Bucs, hopefully we start with a win.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the season kicking off, Burfict has been placed on pup so misses 1st 6 games, yikes!!

Is Flacco fit Red?
  • Options
    Looking forward to the season kicking off, Burfict has been placed on pup so misses 1st 6 games, yikes!!

Is Flacco fit Red?
  • Options
    Madden - seems to be loads more injuries Ross, Eifert & Bernard are all out for me with various bone breakages!! The Bengals O line is also complete dogshit & the only passing stat Dalton is leading is Int.

More practice needed me thinks
  • Options

Most unpredictable draft in a while. It's gonna be a lot of fun to follow.

The only predictable thing is that whoever Cincinnati draft in the 1st round will be injured for the year
    Ross out injured with a sprained knee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Madden - seems to be loads more injuries Ross, Eifert & Bernard are all out for me with various bone breakages!! The Bengals O line is also complete dogshit & the only passing stat Dalton is leading is Int.

More practice needed me thinks

Yeah I noticed that with us as well. Everyone is out for 29 weeks. Made my roster cuts a hell of a lot easier though!
  • Options

Is Flacco fit Red?

Harbaugh keeps repeating Flacco will be able ready for week one so we'll see. If he isn't I hope they start Woodrum over Mallet.
  • Options
    Cut day today. Some interesting trades yesterday with Richardson going to Seattle and the jets getting a 2nd rounder and a WR. Seems a steep price for a guy in looking for a big contract next year.

Hoping the raiders can pick up an ILB.
  • Options
    Tickets for the Wembley games arrived this morning, not long now
  • Options
    Vikings also traded a 7th for Trumaine Brock last night.
  • Options
    Flacco is good to go and back in full practice. Ravens also pick up Alex Collins for the practice squad after he was cut by the Seahawks, which could be a very shrewd addition, I really rate him.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins postponed due to the hurricane. Neutral venue was considered but they'll now play in week 11 when they both have / had a bye week.
  • Options

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins postponed due to the hurricane. Neutral venue was considered but they'll now play in week 11 when they both have / had a bye week.

BOOOO But fair enough I guess. Would have been interesting if they had played it in Pittsburgh as suggested
  • Options
    Going to be a nightmare for the Dolphins to play sixteen straight weeks without a bye, including a trip to London.
  • Options
    Has someone left/ been removed from the fantasy league? 'Jay Train Spotters' now has invite rather than a username.