Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• And that’s why the Patriots win everything.
  • Amazing ending to the game. Brilliant stuff, such a shame for the Steelers I'm bleeding inside for them
  • Shouldn’t have thrown that. Go wide.
  • edited December 2017
    Tell you what this TenvSF game is worth watching too.
  • Jimmy G is very, very good.
  • That catch rule on the Steelers, while probably technically correct, is bollocks for so, so many reasons:

- Reviewed in slow/super slow mo. That's not how the game's played, though.

- Of COURSE it'll look bobbled when a massive guy hits the ground holding the ball.

- He's clearly in control of the ball, much in the same way cricket catches don't always have to be catches in the usual sense of the work, but when a player demonstrates "[...] complete control both over the ball and over his own movement."

It clearly needs to be amended.

Robbie Gould, too. That's very much put the Jags in the driving seat for the AFCS division win.
  • edited December 2017
    The problem with the Steelers catch is that if he was a runner that’s a TD no question because he broke the imaginary plane and even had a knee down. The problem is as there was a clear bobble he didn’t actually ‘catch’ the ball in the first place according to the rules. I think after this season they have to simply rewrite the rule because there have been too many of these incidents this season.
    They can do the fumble out of the endzone too, if there’s no forward gain on an offensive fumble recovery then the ball shouldn’t be able to move forward from the spot in that case either.
  • The problem with the Steelers catch is that if he was a runner that’s a TD no question because he broke the imaginary plane and even had a knee down. The problem is as there was a clear bobble he didn’t actually ‘catch’ the ball in the first place according to the rules. I think after this season they have to simply rewrite the rule because there have been too many of these incidents this season.
    They can do the fumble out of the endzone too, if there’s no forward gain on an offensive fumble recovery then the ball shouldn’t be able to move forward from the spot in that case either.

Ding ding ding
  • Sponsored links:

• With Brown and Wentz out and Wilson more than likely eliminated after that today surely the MVP race is down to Gurley and Brady. Brady has been expectedly amazing but in terms of a single player making his team tick I think it has to go to Gurley. He’s turned the rams in to SB contenders and Goff in to a pro bowler.
  • 1st season i have really followed the nfl and im loving it. No clear favourite to win superbowl which makes it more exciting
  • Injury to Antonio Brown at the start of the 2nd quarter means I miss out on our fantasy league final next week, gutted.
    (he's averaged over 15 points this season, not been under 16 points in the past 5 weeks and I was 10 points short of victory)

Good luck @cafc_harry in the final. Losing to the eventual winner will be a small consolation.

I know modern NFL is heavily QB-centric but it's amazing the difference he's made to the 49ers. I was expecting a 3 or 4 year rebuild to be truly competitive again but I think they're a lot further along with just that one addition.
  • Really excited about the Vikes prospects in the playoffs. Could this be the first time ever a team has contested the Superbowl in their home stadium (and, dare I say, won?). Oh well. I can dream can't I!
  • edited December 2017
    NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – Bilko, Callumcafc, chester_conrad, supaclive
    Eagles – Ashdown, cypriot_addick, kigelia, Low_Ears, twiggyaddick, ValleyGary
    Giants – AddicksAddict, EastStand, SuedeAdidas
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, cafckev, GoOnYouHaddocks, hudson-son-son, Miserableoldgit, Pedro45, tonyupnorth, wellingtentioned
    I don't even wanna talk about them this year, let alone watch them :/
  • re the Cowboys / Raiders 'card gate' to determine whether it was a first down on 4th and 1.

How do they put the start of the chain down to begin the measurement?
    Is it in the centre of the hash line denoting the yard?
    The front of the line ?
    The back of the line ?
  • From open play like this, the line is incidental. It’s placed wherever they deem the nose of the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• So when the chain gang come out, who tells them exactly where the nose of the football was before the snap ?
  • Really excited about the Vikes prospects in the playoffs. Could this be the first time ever a team has contested the Superbowl in their home stadium (and, dare I say, won?). Oh well. I can dream can't I!

Brilliant. Someone had to effin well say it and jinx the whole thing. When we lose to Green bay and Chicago and then get mullered in the wildcard game I know who I'm blaming.
  • MrOneLung said:

So when the chain gang come out, who tells them exactly where the nose of the football was before the snap ?

I see your point. At first down when they set the chains there’s a clip set on the back edge of the closest 5 yard line to first down. That’s why you’ll see them setting the middle of the chain before they measure.
  • MrOneLung said:

So when the chain gang come out, who tells them exactly where the nose of the football was before the snap ?

I see your point. At first down when they set the chains there’s a clip set on the back edge of the closest 5 yard line to first down. That’s why you’ll see them setting the middle of the chain before they measure.
    I’m not sure that was clear enough. The back pole marks the nose of the ball for starting a set of downs. The forward pole is where you need to get to for a new set of downs. The chain marker is set to a 5 yard line to use as reference if they need to measure, or if the chain get moved during a play.
  • Crap play from Carr in the last 30 seconds to extinguish the Raiders play off hopes but even worse keep those cheating cowgirls alive. Whatever happened to @All_Thaid_Up? Remember him saying he rated Carr above Rogers ha ha.
  • Re the folded piece of paper I think that if it was marked short then the Cowboys would've challenged it because it was a very harsh spot to start with.

I'm surprised NFL haven't fitted sensors into the balls yet and work with hawk eye or similar to get laser precise measurements on situations like this.
  • Re the folded piece of paper I think that if it was marked short then the Cowboys would've challenged it because it was a very harsh spot to start with.

I'm surprised NFL haven't fitted sensors into the balls yet and work with hawk eye or similar to get laser precise measurements on situations like this.

That would stop the Patriots ball tampering so no chance
  • Injury to Antonio Brown at the start of the 2nd quarter means I miss out on our fantasy league final next week, gutted.
    (he's averaged over 15 points this season, not been under 16 points in the past 5 weeks and I was 10 points short of victory)

Good luck @cafc_harry in the final. Losing to the eventual winner will be a small consolation.

May the best man win @cafc_harry

Shocked I’ve made it this far, hopefully this weekend won’t come down to an injury. Think I’ve rode my luck a bit in the past few weeks.

Shocked I’ve made it this far, hopefully this weekend won’t come down to an injury. Think I’ve rode my luck a bit in the past few weeks.
    Same here! Scraped through into the playoffs, and then again through 2 rounds to here. Should be good though, teams aren't that mismatched.