Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• Harrison Smith is the best safety in the entire league and he doesn’t make the pro bowl, absolutely baffling. Joseph is also a massively miss, him, Xavier, Griffen and Smith all deserve to be there. I’d also make an argument that Case should be too considering circumstance. Thielen continues his fairytale though.
  • tommyr said:

1st season i have really followed the nfl and im loving it. No clear favourite to win superbowl which makes it more exciting

How many games do you get to see there?
  • With Brown and Wentz out and Wilson more than likely eliminated after that today surely the MVP race is down to Gurley and Brady. Brady has been expectedly amazing but in terms of a single player making his team tick I think it has to go to Gurley. He’s turned the rams in to SB contenders and Goff in to a pro bowler.

I thought Wentz had MVP locked up until he got hurt. I think you are pretty much spot on that it is between Brady and Gurley. My third pick among active players would be Vikings QB, Keenum, who has been amazingly efficient and has been central to their success.
  • With Brown and Wentz out and Wilson more than likely eliminated after that today surely the MVP race is down to Gurley and Brady. Brady has been expectedly amazing but in terms of a single player making his team tick I think it has to go to Gurley. He’s turned the rams in to SB contenders and Goff in to a pro bowler.

I thought Wentz had MVP locked up until he got hurt. I think you are pretty much spot on that it is between Brady and Gurley. My third pick among active players would be Vikings QB, Keenum, who has been amazingly efficient and has been central to their success.
    Has anyone ever won MVP and not made pro bowl roster?
  • cs1986 said:

Never.
  • edited December 2017
    Keenum will never be MVP unless he takes the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

It'll be Brady, Brees, Gurley, Big Ben and others before they pick Keenum as MVP.
  • cs1986 said:

Never.
    Thought that was likely so Keenum is basically out. It was a shocking snub for him to not be in top 3 QB's in NFC
  • Keenum will never be MVP unless he takes the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

It'll be Brady, Brees, Gurley, Big Ben and others before they pick Keenum as MVP.

All MVP votes are tabulated before the playoffs, so we can make that 100% that it ain't happening.
  • My shout is boring but Brady. Pats supporting cast ain't greatest outside gronk so without Brady they wouldn't be as good.

Gurley is good shout also.
  • I think Wentz should still be considered for MVP. He played the majority of the season. Gurley, Brady and Antonio Brown should all be up there, possibly Wilson.
  • Sponsored links:

• How unheard of it is to make All-Pro but not the Pro Bowl, I think it should be in play for Smith and Bakhtiari (even as a Viking)
  • Feel like the Ravens should be further up here. Nervous feeling they're going to Charltonise their playoff hopes the next two games.

• Dear me the AFC is sh*te.
  • -13 at Lambeau, f*ck that.
  • What a play from Alexander, absolutely destroyed him. Going well so far.
  • Best safety in the league. No question.
  • First shutout since 1993 and they hardly broke a sweat. Nice clean win.
  • Green Bay have given up on the season... looking bad for the Cowboys hopes of the play offs. We need the Lions to drop a game either against the Bengals tomorrow or the Packers in Week 17.
  • Green Bay have given up on the season... looking bad for the Cowboys hopes of the play offs. We need the Lions to drop a game either against the Bengals tomorrow or the Packers in Week 17.

That's in addition to one of the top NFC South teams losing two games in row.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't think even Santa will be able to help tonight, we are going to get a right royal pasting!
  • edited December 2017

First shutout since 1993 and they hardly broke a sweat. Nice clean win.

Job done in difficult conditions against a divisional rival.

• First shutout since 1993 and they hardly broke a sweat. Nice clean win.

Does it count if it's Brett Hundley though?
  • Happy Christmas to all lifers on this thread hope you all have a great time

To you too @Bigbadbozman
  • edited December 2017
    So because everyone in this thread cares so much about whether the Cowboys make the playoffs or not (lol) here's a handy graphic describing the four possible ways we make it in.

If Cowboys beat the Seahawks, Bengals beat the Lions, Bucs beat the Panthers and Saints beat the Falcons then Dallas has a "win and in" scenario against the Eagles in Week 17 due to the Falcons and Panthers playing against each other that same week.

• edited December 2017
  • Expecting a tough game but hoping that the Saints can beat the Falcons and ensure a Play-Off spot. Strange that Sky are showing Jags V 49rs as the later game when Cowboys V Seahawks is the key late game.
  • Surely if they forced them to release him they could sign him straight back?
  • MrOneLung said:

Surely if they forced them to release him they could sign him straight back?

If it happened in season I believe he goes onto waivers so Browns would have first dibs. Out of season release then I think you're right.