Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player

Just received an email from EFL Digital, informing me that I will no longer be able to access Player HD as CAFC are re-launching their website and it wont be run by EFL Digital Ltd. Player HD will cease for me on 9/6/17.

So with many of us using the service to listen to Charlton commentary, over the years, I hope the owners (whoever they are) have a replacement for Player HD in some form or other, or that means, I presume no commentary going forward?

Match threads maybe difficult!!!

Comments

• Options
    Just got the email too.

This has the makings of a disaster.
  • Options
    I didn't renew, a couple of months ago, when I was told this was happening by another CL member. I will not be going with the club option with the current owners.
  • Options
    Haven't got the e-mail yet, but like the commentary it is probably late. Was going to cancel for the summer anyway, as for the limited content, it is a complete waste of money when there is no footy. If the club doesn't set up a service, maybe fans could do something to replace it.
  • Options
    The club service will be very late and full of bugs. Will be mid season before it works properly.

That's my guess anyway.
  • Options
    They say they will be giving a pro-rata refund if you renew annually.
    Then what happens?
    Do you have to start afresh with the Rubashow debacle?
    How much is it going to cost?
  • Options

The new subscription service, Valley Pass, is taking over from CAFC Player.
    The live commentary will be carrying on as usual on the new platform.

When does it start @Ollywozere ? 9 June?

Silly question perhaps but has it already been fully 'road-tested' ?
  • Options
    Have they made provision for current CAFC Player subscribers to move automatically over to their new service? A break in service like that risks losing a large percentage of subscribers when the "can't be bothered" factor is growing by the day. It's seems a chance to allow people to not re-subscribe and for Charlton to lose yet more customers.

I'm sure they've thought all this through though!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

According to CAFC website,it starts on 1ST July & is free for the six months if you buy an 'early bird' season ticket.

fhttp://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-season-tickets-201718-3692076.aspxor
  • Options
    clive said:

stonemuse said:

According to CAFC website,it starts on 1ST July & is free for the six months if you buy an 'early bird' season ticket.

fhttp://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-season-tickets-201718-3692076.aspxor
    'Early bird' season ticket?

Well that's not going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So.
    How much is it going to cost?
  • Options
    unsubscribed after CP was sacked, wont be back until the Belgians have gone - not getting a penny of my money
  • Options
    Oakster said:

unsubscribed after CP was sacked, wont be back until the Belgians have gone - not getting a penny of my money

Current player - money goes to the Football league

New player - Money goes to club. I wont be subscribing until they leave and I'll be getting a season ticket then anyway so hardly worth it....
  • Options

Oakster said:

New player - Money goes to club. I wont be subscribing until they leave and I'll be getting a season ticket then anyway so hardly worth it....
    When we were forced to listen to Jamie Hill, and Emma, and around about that time, it was repeatedly mentioned that 'our' commentators were effectively volunteers, and they got little or no help with travel or equipment or whatever.
    I am assuming that the Charlton commentary team will be fully equipped with state of the art kit, that two commentators will be paid a match fee of £250 each, and hotel accommodation if necessary and full travel expenses will be paid.
    The reason I say this is that if the service that people pay for is below par, then the subscriber has every right to criticise it without feeling that they are digging out poor put upon voluntary workers.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    seth plum said:

Oakster said:

When we were forced to listen to Jamie Hill, and Emma, and around about that time, it was repeatedly mentioned that 'our' commentators were effectively volunteers, and they got little or no help with travel or equipment or whatever.
    I am assuming that the Charlton commentary team will be fully equipped with state of the art kit, that two commentators will be paid a match fee of £250 each, and hotel accommodation if necessary and full travel expenses will be paid.
    The reason I say this is that if the service that people pay for is below par, then the subscriber has every right to criticise it without feeling that they are digging out poor put upon voluntary workers.
    Oh yes please! Why isn't this the case now? @Ollywozere. Disgrace.

In regards to kit, it's the same one used for many years but that is fully functional anyway and yes, we do get travel sorted for away games, food is free in press rooms too. Hotels for long midweek away trips so that's maybe 2-3 a season.

The issues regarding player servers will hopefully now be resolved with our in-house service. For example, a couple of games last year the servers didn't even realise we had a match!
  • Options

I was "forced" to subscribe to Player late on this season due to our travel constraints after Mr F's op.

I found that Greg & Terry's commentaries that I've listened to have been superb ...making me feel as though I was in the away end ( well, almost!)

Whether we are rid of this regime or not, I sincerely hope that both guys continue to provide this service. Their knowledge & love of our club comes across in spades.

That's very kind of you, Jean. People like you and @Redmidland certainly keep us going. We love interacting with fans and i'm glad that our ramblings come across well!

As it stands, we're both still on board for next year, although my recent change of job might make it a bit harder to commentate as regularly!
    Good to hear you are still involved as I am likely to be listening a lot more next season.
  • Options

I was "forced" to subscribe to Player late on this season due to our travel constraints after Mr F's op.

I found that Greg & Terry's commentaries that I've listened to have been superb ...making me feel as though I was in the away end ( well, almost!)

Whether we are rid of this regime or not, I sincerely hope that both guys continue to provide this service. Their knowledge & love of our club comes across in spades.

I agree the commentary is brilliant. I really enjoy it.

What I said above wasn't against those who give their time to do the commentary. It was more a suggestion that the club's ability to implement this on time and without issue is unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

That's very kind of you, Jean. People like you and @Redmidland certainly keep us going. We love interacting with fans and i'm glad that our ramblings come across well!

As it stands, we're both still on board for next year, although my recent change of job might make it a bit harder to commentate as regularly!
    Good to hear you are still involved as I am likely to be listening a lot more next season.
    Nice one, mate! I should start getting on to them about commission now...
  • Options

What I said above wasn't against those who give their time to do the commentary. It was more a suggestion that the club's ability to implement this on time and without issue is unlikely.
    Appreciate that, Canters. Can forgive you for supporting Slurrey now....almost
  • Options
    So.
    How much will it cost?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    seth plum said:

So.
    How much will it cost?

I'm sure it will be announced after this season has ended , Seth. I'm sure the Comms team will continue to add content and ideas before formulating a reasonable price.
  • Options

seth plum said:

So.
    How much will it cost?

I'm sure it will be announced after this season has ended , Seth. I'm sure the Comms team will continue to add content and ideas before formulating a reasonable price.
    From what you know, do you feel positive about it?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

seth plum said:

So.
    How much will it cost?

From what you know, do you feel positive about it?
    Certainly excited for some of the features installed within it.

"Valley Stories" should be a really cool with exclusive features with various former and current players, some of the names mentioned to me will definitely be worth watching and not who you'd expect either.

The website should be a lot better too in terms of layout and detail. I've worked on that CMS system and it is a nightmare.
    An example is that it can take up to 15 minutes to publish something after you have finished it so the new one should allow the guys to upload more stories at a faster and more precise pace.

• Options
    edited April 2017

The club service will be very late and full of bugs. Will be mid season before it works properly.

That's my guess anyway.

For a whole plethora of reasons I make you right, and I'd be prepared to wager some cash on it too to be honest.
  • Options

Appreciate that, Canters. Can forgive you for supporting Slurrey now....almost
    Kent will always be jealous of their better neighbors. That's just life! :p
  • Options

seth plum said:

So.
    How much will it cost?

I would say that reasonable should be the same (or less) than the current service. Not least because the current service gives access to content from other clubs.
    I think it is £25 a year at the moment.
  • Options

Cheers Olly! Can we expect the same motley crew of commentators then? Actually, you know what, as long as they don't let @LouisMend back in, I'm fine ;).

Also, glad the club is doing a site revamp. I know the current one is an identikit one done by the league. But it's cluttered and dated and there are so many easy website/content management platforms these days.