Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player

Comments

• Options
    vfraddick said:

I wondered why my HD Player subscription hadn't renewed last month. I've now sent three separate emails to the club asking what's happening to HD Player and no response yet .... breaking their 10 working day commitment on a written response. Well, I can now add not listening to games online to not attending games in person having not renewed my season ticket last year. Great comms guys (no reflection on Olly).

Which address did you email this to? I will try to find out what's happened for you
  • Options

Hi SIV,

We have completed the refund for the following items:

SUMMARY: Subscription Purchase: Charlton F.C PlayerHD-Annual subscription - Charlton F.C- Season Pass GBP 23.99

Basket Id: 571M24219154

Original Order Date: 10/12/2016

Refund value: GBP 0.11

Please keep a copy of this e-mail and print for your records. If you have any queries or questions in relation to your order, please send an email to player.support@streamamg.com.

Kind Regards, EFL

I will send an email to the EFL and try to find out the best email for you to contact to sort out the correct refund
  • Options
    seth plum said:

One poster has mentioned their pro rata refund is satisfactory, three of us say it is simply wrong.
    I want to lay this firmly at the feet of the club. Katrien Meire and Tom Rubashow said two meetings ago that the new website is what is going to save Charlton Athletic and turn it's fortunes around.
    Well Katrien, and Tom and Tony Cojones, and those who have posted on this thread Olly Groome and Sam Adamson are overseeing this brave new world which is being launched by seemingly ripping 75% of it's loyal fans off.
    If this is not yet another example of the club that hates it's fans then I will be interested to see what pro active steps the club takes.
    It is down to them.

The payment and admin running of CAFC PlayerHD is all managed through the EFL Digital contract so we have had no say regarding refunds, so sadly any mis-calculated refunds isn't down to us. However as mentioned I will find an email contact where you can contact to sort out the correct refund amount.

I don't know what contracts people took out as the renewal length changed at the start of the season from an annual 12-month pass to a season pass. If you took out a season pass, not an annual 12-month pass this could explain why the refund is less so it's worth checking that.

Thanks, Steve Adamson
  • Options
    Sorry Steve, I called you Sam.
    You say the mis-calculated refunds are not down to you, but isn't it down to the club who set in train this enterprise to check with EFL Digital that they are going to play fair by your club's fans?
    If Charlton were not launching this new service would this situation have arisen?
    Mine was an annual subscription by the way.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Sorry Steve, I called you Sam.
    You say the mis-calculated refunds are not down to you, but isn't it down to the club who set in train this enterprise to check with EFL Digital that they are going to play fair by your club's fans?
    If Charlton were not launching this new service would this situation have arisen?
    Mine was an annual subscription by the way.

No worries about name

As bizarre as it may sound technically the contract with CAFC PlayerHD is with the EFL Digital so under data protection there's a lot we can't find out. Therefore I know it's running a service on behalf of Charlton Athletic but because it's with EFL Digital then we don't know anything about you as a subscriber, payment, subscription, when it was taken out and how long for etc. This is the end of a long deal which I believe was signed around five years ago although don't quote me on that as I don't know the exact date that we moved to EFL Digital for our website.

As a club we are doing everything we can with the data we have access to. This includes:

-Sending data to EFL digital to pass onto subscribers to let them know the changes from CAFC PlayerHD to our own service Valley Pass
    - We asked the EFL to stop all 12 month subscriptions towards the start of the season when we knew we were doing our own video servide and switch these to season passes
    - Refund people who had purchased a 12 month pass.

All CAFC PlayerHD accounts will run until the start of July so all refunds have been calculated until then. I was unaware refunds would have been made now as I thought they would be made in July.

I'm chasing a contact email which fans can send to if they think they have been under refunded, but as mentioned sadly I don't have access to people's accounts to see when they subscribed and for what period therefore we and in particular for this instance I am unable to comment to say whether the amount refunded is correct or not.
  • Options
    Steve. I have provided my personal breakdown of the pro rata refund above. Use that example when you contact EFL digital if you like. Indeed my calculation is from July (the 9th I think).
    My point remains, do you think we would be in this difficulty if the club hadn't decided on this change?
    Personally I think the faffing about, and indeed what looks like diddling your fans out of money, was initiated by the club not by EFL digital. They may even be irritated by the extra work you have put them to and their loss of customers/income stream, so they are exacting retribution by being cavalier with your fans money.
    This situation, whatever the mechanics of it, had been caused by Charlton Athletic in the headlong desire to set up a new (and as yet not priced...which is ominous in itself) service.
    I don't expect it to happen given the hatred Charlton Athletic shows towards its fans these days, but I would expect the club to give five years free service on the new platform to fans affected as compensation for the inconvenience they are causing.
    Indeed this ought to be a resigning issue for Tony Keohane and Katrien Meire, but seeing as how I perceive both of those individuals to hate fans the most, I can't see them doing the decent and only thing they should do.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This situation, whatever the mechanics of it, had been caused by Charlton Athletic in the headlong desire to set up a new (and as yet not priced...which is ominous in itself) service.

How many who had the service simply won't bother taking out a new subscription going forward? Not sure what kick back the club got from peoples registration to the old service (if any?), but my guess will be they will get even less now running it themselves (and there must be an additional cost to running it in house).
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

How many who had the service simply won't bother taking out a new subscription going forward? Not sure what kick back the club got from peoples registration to the old service (if any?), but my guess will be they will get even less now running it themselves (and there must be an additional cost to running it in house).
    I'm not getting it of the money goes to the club.
  • Options
    Maybe people will be influenced by the way the club conducts itself over this migration, and the clubs willingness to take pro active responsibility for the problems they have caused because of the change.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Steve. I have provided my personal breakdown of the pro rata refund above. Use that example when you contact EFL digital if you like. Indeed my calculation is from July (the 9th I think).
    My point remains, do you think we would be in this difficulty if the club hadn't decided on this change?
    Personally I think the faffing about, and indeed what looks like diddling your fans out of money, was initiated by the club not by EFL digital. They may even be irritated by the extra work you have put them to and their loss of customers/income stream, so they are exacting retribution by being cavalier with your fans money.
    I don't expect it to happen given the hatred Charlton Athletic shows towards its fans these days, but I would expect the club to give five years free service on the new platform to fans affected as compensation for the inconvenience they are causing.
    Indeed this ought to be a resigning issue for Tony Keohane and Katrien Meire, but seeing as how I perceive both of those individuals to hate fans the most, I can't see them doing the decent and only thing they should do.

Hi Seth, As mentioned I know you have given the details but I can't be sure that all amounts you have said is correct or that EFL Digital didn't switch you to a season pass from a 12-month pass that's why I can't comment on that one. This will have to be corrected through EFL Digital.

Just heard back from the EFL and the email address to contact with refund problems is finance@efl.com

You can speak to any club not just Charlton and they will confirm everything about EFL Digital running the club and the club having no say or control over finance. The club has no information on you from PlayerHD, nor your bank details or subscription details so couldn't 'diddle' it's fans as you have put. The more than likely thing is a miscalculation between a twelve-month pass and a seasonal pass but again this is down to EFL Digital.

I might be wrong but I don't believe any club has priced up the new video services yet including the clubs staying in EFL Digital. They have announced the £110 abroad streaming but unless I've missed it I don't think they have announced the UK price yet for the rest of their services for next season.

The new video site doesn't launch for few months and refunds were to be sorted by July so I don't think there's been as much inconvenience as you are stating, however I gave you my direct work email address a few months ago in a thread so if you have no luck with the finance@efl.com email or if you have any other problems drop me an email and I will try to resolve them to create as little inconvenience for you as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone who, actually, knows confrirm if we will have the video streaming service next season or not?

I'm aware that it will not be for UK based fans but in reality if it exists people in the UK will be able to watch it. The EFL can't save clubs from idiots that buy and destroy them, they'll have no chance stoppibg IT gurus with IQs above 150 from hacking their streams and 'sharing' them for a modest fee!
  • Options
    Steve I can assure you the breakdown I listed was from an email by EFL, I have not invented their figures if you need any assurance.
    I had an automatic yearly renewal from my Barclaycard, the service worked all year, not only for the season if that helps.
    If I may put aside the ins and outs of who ought to be paying fair compensation, would you agree (and I put this point for the last time) that we wouldn't be in this situation but for the decision of the club? In my view it is the responsibility of the club to sort it out and not bounce the faffing about back to me. You have effectively done that by passing on the EFL finance email.
    You gave me your email some months ago, and I said that I am reluctant to email the club directly because I am not sure who I can trust, and I would not want the person I see as utterly vindictive, Tony Keohane, going anywhere near my online details.
  • Options
    OK Henry. What do you suggest I do?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Steve I can assure you the breakdown I listed was from an email by EFL, I have not invented their figures if you need any assurance.
    I had an automatic yearly renewal from my Barclaycard, the service worked all year, not only for the season if that helps.
    If I may put aside the ins and outs of who ought to be paying fair compensation, would you agree (and I put this point for the last time) that we wouldn't be in this situation but for the decision of the club? In my view it is the responsibility of the club to sort it out and not bounce the faffing about back to me. You have effectively done that by passing on the EFL finance email.
    You gave me your email some months ago, and I said that I am reluctant to email the club directly because I am not sure who I can trust, and I would not want the person I see as utterly vindictive, Tony Keohane, going anywhere near my online details.

Seth, I agree with Henry Irving, I'm doing my best to help you out and I'm not doubting the figures you say for what your refund should be - I'm only a member of Charlton Life as I'm a fan and if I'm honest I'm rarely on it so it really isn't the easiest place to give advice compared to direct email. I'm unsure what details you think can be passed through an email so I don't fully understand the reluctance to email if I'm honest but it really is the best way to resolve problems rather than a public forum.

I can forward an email from yourself onto the EFL and try to resolve this for you but the details I have at the moment stop me being able to do this without you emailing me or the EFL. We don't get any data from EFL Digital due to data protection. Therefore the only thing I know about this problem is your Charlton Life username, not your PlayerHD details.

I don't have your actual name, email address etc so if you are reluctant to send me an email I'm sorry but there's little more else I can do other than that because I can't direct EFL Digital to a Charlton Life forum post and expect them to somehow find out your account details to sort the problem out.

Also one last point to reply to your question - we might be in the same position even if we had stayed with EFL Digital as the EFL Digital platform is changing host meaning fans of clubs staying in the EFL Digital may have to resign up to the new EFL Digital iFollow platform which will replace PlayerHD. When we switched from Player (SD) to PlayerHD a lot of people had to resubscribe as the EFL changed suppliers there.

Send me an email and I can resolve this, I've given all the detail of why I can't resolve it without this and in the time of writing these posts it could have all been resolved with one email - I'll help the best I can but I can't do any more than what I'm offering as I don't have and can't get access to your data due to data protection rules.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Seth, I agree with Henry Irving, I'm doing my best to help you out and I'm not doubting the figures you say for what your refund should be - I'm only a member of Charlton Life as I'm a fan and if I'm honest I'm rarely on it so it really isn't the easiest place to give advice compared to direct email. I'm unsure what details you think can be passed through an email so I don't fully understand the reluctance to email if I'm honest but it really is the best way to resolve problems rather than a public forum.

I can forward an email from yourself onto the EFL and try to resolve this for you but the details I have at the moment stop me being able to do this without you emailing me or the EFL. We don't get any data from EFL Digital due to data protection. Therefore the only thing I know about this problem is your Charlton Life username, not your PlayerHD details.

I don't have your actual name, email address etc so if you are reluctant to send me an email I'm sorry but there's little more else I can do other than that because I can't direct EFL Digital to a Charlton Life forum post and expect them to somehow find out your account details to sort the problem out.

Also one last point to reply to your question - we might be in the same position even if we had stayed with EFL Digital as the EFL Digital platform is changing host meaning fans of clubs staying in the EFL Digital may have to resign up to the new EFL Digital iFollow platform which will replace PlayerHD. When we switched from Player (SD) to PlayerHD a lot of people had to resubscribe as the EFL changed suppliers there.

Send me an email and I can resolve this, I've given all the detail of why I can't resolve it without this and in the time of writing these posts it could have all been resolved with one email - I'll help the best I can but I can't do any more than what I'm offering as I don't have and can't get access to your data due to data protection rules.
    Thank you for this post.
    I will try the finance email address you supplied.
    I am fortunate that you have seen my post about these matters by chance on Charlton Life.
    There may be, of course, a number of other subscribers who are not on Charlton Life who are stuck at the 'NO REPLY' stage.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Thank you for this post.
    I will try the finance email address you supplied.
    I am fortunate that you have seen my post about these matters by chance on Charlton Life.
    There may be, of course, a number of other subscribers who are not on Charlton Life who are stuck at the 'NO REPLY' stage.
    Seth, if you paid by Barclaycard call them. They can, and do, dispute these things on your behalf and they will recredit your account until they have carried out an investigation. One that will, without doubt, cost the EFL people much more money in time than the incrediblky small sum that you have commented on about a hundred times.

Maybe you should go and see your MP as with a General Election looming I'm sure he will have nothing better to do than listen to you complain about something that has, almost, certainly been worked out by a computer and is in accordance with the terms and conditions that you would have agreed with.

Just two questions though. Should you discover that you should have been paying £40 a year like everyone else will you offer to pay the shortfall; and the other question, on the basis that you are holding the club in contempt for having the nerve to move away from a web site offering that has been universally criticised, do you think they should have stayed with the EFL people until the end of time to protect people from having to get off their backsides, to chase £8 for any and all fans that didn't get as much back as they were hoping for?

Actually I have a third question, if I may? Do you think that the data protections, that are in place to safeguard people's identity and privacy, should be disregarded in this instance because it suits you for someone else to spend their time chasing money for you?

I know you are going to be angry with this post Seth, and I'm sorry about that, but you do seem to have made a disproportionate fuss about it. However, my initial comment about Barclaycard does stand. They really will go after them for you - especially if you tell them (which I believe to be true) that the only contact is a no reply email address.

Good luck. I'd be interested to hear how you get on, but I probably don't need updates every 90 minutes until it is resolved. ;-)
  • Options
    I do admit that this particular issue has got to me, maybe it represents for me my whole pissed-offness with the club.

Mind you, it has offered you the opportunity to dig me out so there is an upside.

I am assuming you believe the best reaction would have been to shrug and let it go.

I am a little concerned that you seem to imply that I have somehow pulled a fast one with my subscription, but I have not paid heed to the amount, it was EFL who supplied the figure for last November, I have not cheated if that is what you're getting at, but allow them to take whatever the amount is annually. I have not had the advantage of any shortfall that I know about, I have stuck to the rules.

As for the universal criticism you speak of. I have praised the service for giving access to the commentary from all clubs, and it is from those and from the Charlton commentary that I am able to give the updates on the match threads, I have also praised the service for providing non first team action and press conferences.

When i have been critical is if the service breaks down, or commentators are poor in not describing the action.

You have the advantage on me in terms of data protection law.

My MP is not a man incidentally, and as you say it is a very small sum, but to say I have commented a hundred times is a very large exaggeration.
  • Options
    Seth, I wasn't referring to the match commentary, but the website. As I understand it the commentary goes hand in hand with the website that has been criticised.

Maybe our new website won't be as good but the one that we left behind five years ago was better that the shite that the EFL team built.

I do have sympathy with you, and I was exaggerating about the number of posts for comedy value.

I have no idea why you would think I would enjoy digging you out, as I don't. I also wasn't suggesting that you'd done anything wrong with your subscription. I just wonder if you have benn paying too little - maybe a legacy error but I was trying to equate the lower subscription you pay with the lower refund. I think the suggestions that maybe your subscription finished in July - maybe that you paid a part payment (from November? to July) might account for the fact that you aren't getting so much back.

Either way I wouldn't have less the stress of all this get to me for £8. Life is stressful enough without adding to it for the price of two pints.

I genuinely hope you get what you are looking for but you did come across as being a little aggressive with the chap that seemed to trying to help you.
  • Options
    Following advice from Steve Adamson, Henry Irving, and KHA, I have sent the following:

--------

To whom it may concern,

Your organisation sent me a message, outlined below, from a NO REPLY address, regarding the calculation of pro-rata Player service refunds given the service is being stopped this year.

I had to badger one Steve Adamson at Charlton Athletic FC for this email address, because the implications of a NO REPLY message is that you feel you are totally right and will not brook any argument regarding your calculations. This assumption will also cover the many other people who have also received a NO REPLY message that they wish to dispute.

I have been a pain in criticising Charlton Athletic, as I thought this was their doing, but they have bounced me to you and supplied this email address. I presume there are likely to be others who wish to dispute your calculations but are stuck at your NO REPLY stage with nowhere to go.

Anyway, this is what you sent me:

---------------------

Hi SETH,

We have completed the refund for the following items:

SUMMARY: Subscription Purchase: Charlton F.C PlayerHD-Annual subscription - Charlton F.C- Season Pass GBP 24.49

Basket Id: 571M23924721

Original Order Date: 19/11/2016

Refund value: GBP 1.01

----------------------

I want you to write back to me, by return, and explain how you came up with this figure.

I would also like you to publish how you come up with your figures and email all of your subscribers with an explanation.

I would like you to be pro-active in contacting all Charlton Athletic subscribers, this time without a NO REPLY message, inviting them to each take up with you any disputes they may have regarding your calculations.

This is my working:

-The old service ends on 9th July.
    -I took out a year's subscription, as you can see from your own message, on 19th November last year. Indeed, I have been auto renewing each year.
    -The cost, as you can see, was £24.49. Charlton Athletic said that there would be - get this - a pro rata refund.
    -I will miss 133 days of my yearly spend.

So unless I am wrong the maths says something like this (in pennies):

(2449 / 365)*133 = 892.01095...

So that's essentially 892 pence, or £8.92, yet my refund is one pound and one penny. My calculation is that it ought to be just under nine times more than that. Pro rata? I expect you to explain why your figure is so different to mine.

Yours, in total confusion and suspicion,

Seth Plum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That online video streaming matches for overseas addicks would have been amazing
  • Options
    Pathetic and insulting Seth to someone who went out of their way to help you.

• Options

Pathetic and insulting Seth to someone who went out of their way to help you.

It is neither pathetic or insulting.

I have followed advice suggested or implied by people here by contacting EFL Digital myself now that I have the email to contact them with..

I assume you say it is pathetic because the sum is so small.

If it had been more, say £10,000 would that make any difference? Or do you think that whatever the amount people should let it go?

If Steve Adamson had ignored me all along it would have been better then, and I wonder if he 'went out of his way' so much, or if he felt that actually I had a point of principle that on the face of it reflected badly on the club. It was his choice to respond on Charlton Life and I don't accept he is a hero doing me a favour.

I don't think anything I have written is as pathetic and insulting as their cavalier calculation sent out with a NO REPLY option. What are we then supposed to do, accept that they can do no wrong?
  • Options

Pathetic and insulting to Steve to say that you had to "badger" him when he offered you his help on a weekend using his personal log on.

Pathetic and insulting to say Steve "bounced" you back the EFL when that was clearly not the case.

Don't bother responding because you will be as unreasonable and narrow minded as you always are when you go off on one of your irrational rants.

Aha.
    A NO REPLY message.
    It must be catching.
  • Options
    Unbelieveable. So much anger, over something so relatively trivial.
  • Options
    Seth.....my head hurts!
  • Options
    @sadamson84

this may not be the right place or you may not be the person to ask but I'm assuming all our details from the current site including logins and purchase history etc will be transferred over to the new site?

Purchase history etc is important for the in demand away games etc...
  • Options

@sadamson84

this may not be the right place or you may not be the person to ask but I'm assuming all our details from the current site including logins and purchase history etc will be transferred over to the new site?

Do you mean in terms of Player or tickets?

I'm only dealing with the video side of the site but tickets will stay the same so your purchase history will be the same.

Video will need to be resigned up as sadly I don't think we are allowed to transfer people directly from Player to Valley Pass as it's technically a different product (which will house what Player use to) .
  • Options

@sadamson84

Do you mean in terms of Player or tickets?

I'm only dealing with the video side of the site but tickets will stay the same so your purchase history will be the same.

Video will need to be resigned up as sadly I don't think we are allowed to transfer people directly from Player to Valley Pass as it's technically a different product (which will house what Player use to) .
    Cheers mate. Was meaning tickets. I assumed that was the case but wanted to be sure.