Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes

Comments

• Options

Four years for a 30 year old?

Seems too long to me, but nothing would surprise me. Like I say it could well be cobblers.
  • Options
    Back to Northampton!?
  • Options
    If Meire is doing the negotiations, then it's more than likely to be a 40 year contract.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It is understandable if we want to keep him. But could be in aissue in a couple of years!
  • Options

It is understandable if we want to keep him. But could be in aissue in a couple of years!

Maybe, though he's a relatively late starter to league football and can see him still being as good at 33/34.
    Personally think he's earned a 4 year contract so not a problem wit me.
  • Options
    A four year contract!!!

• Options

Maybe, though he's a relatively late starter to league football and can see him still being as good at 33/34.
    Thanks for the update, Kartrien.
  • Options

Thanks for the update, Kartrien.
    Ouch
  • Options
    Warning: Clicking on the link below and looking at the first large photo, may put you off your lunch

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-charlton-open-a-new-front-in-the-battle-for-ricky-holmes-1-8574499
  • Options
    Hope their article is as up to date as their picture of KR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    why did Wilder not sign Holmes last summer I wonder? I think we signed Holmes before Wilder joined Sheff Utd but some on here claimed Wilder was always going to Sheff Utd and not us so if that was the case why not tell Holmes to hold fire for a while. Unless of course Holmes joined expecting Wilder to follow him to The Valley. I was told Wilder was all but a done deal until he met Roland and didn't get the assurances he wanted and only then did Sheff Utd enter the frame. Or was it because Northampton insisted he couldn't sign any of their players? Who knows but it's all quite intriguing.

For what it's worth (about thruppence) my opinion is that Holmes will go and he will not sign a new deal with us and in fact will tell us either sell him now to Sheff Utd or he'll walk next season for nothing and in the meantime we will have an unhappy player on the books.
  • Options

why did Wilder not sign Holmes last summer I wonder? I think we signed Holmes before Wilder joined Sheff Utd but some on here claimed Wilder was always going to Sheff Utd and not us so if that was the case why not tell Holmes to hold fire for a while. Unless of course Holmes joined expecting Wilder to follow him to The Valley. I was told Wilder was all but a done deal until he met Roland and didn't get the assurances he wanted and only then did Sheff Utd enter the frame. Or was it because Northampton insisted he couldn't sign any of their players? Who knows but it's all quite intriguing.

For what it's worth (about thruppence) my opinion is that Holmes will go and he will not sign a new deal with us and in fact will tell us either sell him now to Sheff Utd or he'll walk next season for nothing and in the meantime we will have an unhappy player on the books.

I think we stole his transfer targets.
  • Options
    I'm probably going over old ground, but I'm told by fairly good source - who knows Wilder, that Wilder didn't sign for us purely the fact Sheffield Utd came in for him and nothing to do with Katrien or Roland.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I'm probably going over old ground, but I'm told by fairly good source - who knows Wilder, that Wilder didn't sign for us purely the fact Sheffield Utd came in for him and nothing to do with Katrien or Roland.

Heard it a few times. He used us yo show a bit of leg to get Sheff Utd to leap into action - which they duly did. It's just easier to blame it all on the regime

• Options
    I was told last year by a very good source that Wilder had signed his Charlton contract but his backroom staff hadn't when Sheff Utd came calling.

Faced with the possibility of having an unhappy manager on their hands the regime tore up his contract and let him walk.
  • Options
    Someone else has said on here that KM still has Wilders signed contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

Heard it a few times. He used us yo show a bit of leg to get Sheff Utd to leap into action - which they duly did. It's just easier to blame it all on the regime

Yeah, let's ease off the regime, they're are doing a great job. COYA.
    I didn't say that. All I'm saying is we don't need to blame everything on them. Wilder played us like a cheap banjo end of story

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

I didn't say that. All I'm saying is we don't need to blame everything on them. Wilder played us like a cheap banjo end of story

Literally anyone could play miere like a cheap banjo because she is totally inept at her job.
    And there lies the problem
  • Options
    Everything they do is wrong.

There you go, f*** 'em!

I am hoping to arrange a fans meeting with the squirrel in Ireland.
  • Options

Everything they do is wrong.

There you go, f*** 'em!

I am hoping to arrange a fans meeting with the squirrel in Ireland.

Well said gazza
  • Options
    I hate these pricks more than I hate palice.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Redhenry said:

We should be buying other clubs player of the year.

That would not even be too hard. Here are current POY's rumoured to be transferrable and their estimated price.

Lawrence Vigoroux, keeper, POY for Swindon in 15/16 and 16/17. Age 24, considered a potential future PL-quality keeper. Price? About £1.5 million.

Liam Lindsay, defender, Partrick Thistle, POY in 16-17, Age 21, First team, All-Scotland. 1.90 tall. We are actually looking at getting him. Price? Rumored £750k.

Ryan Leonard, midfielder, age 25, Southend, POY in 16-17, Sheffield wants but are dithering on price. Fan fave. Good upside. Southend wants £1.25 but rumor is he can be had for £650k.

George Thomas, POY in 16/17 for Coventry. A "free" although it will cost about £300k because of his age, 20. Can play striker or winger.

Nathan Smith, POY in 16/17 for Port Vale, defender. Also supporters POY. 1.8 tall, only 21 years old. Price... £500k

So there ya go... 5 current POYs we could add in every part of the pitch for
    £4.3M. Half of what we sold Lookman for.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

Perhaps we don't need to blame every failure on the régime. Perhaps it's unfair to do so.

But it sure feels good.