Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chicksen released

Comments

• Options

Something tells me Chicksen had a clause extending his contract if he played more than 25 games.

won;t be 25, but I think they pretty much all have a clause of a contract extension offer on x number of games.

Then why the sudden disappearance without word from anyone when he was a regular up until 25?
  • Options
    I am disappointed by this. I thought he looked like a solid, versatile and dependable player. Will reserve judgment on the decision until we see who comes in, but I feel that players like Chicksen would be useful as squad players at the very least if we are intending to build a squad.
  • Options
    He also once played for MK Dons which is a requirement for all new signings
  • Options

Fingers crossed Dasilva...

Thought Chicksen was more than capable at his level but there we go.

As for Da Silva he was good but you pick up good defenders as the level fairly cheap if we going to spend on a loan from a prem club I would prefer an attacking youngster with potential
  • Options
    Scoham said:

He was alright but I didn't see him as someone that was likely to step up to the Championship.

We had Bessone on loan from Leeds in the second half of 2010/11. He was ok but we improved the team by bringing in Wiggins. Whether this is a good thing depends on who we replace him with.

You'd think it means we're looking to bring in a new 1st choice left back.

This.
  • Options

Fingers crossed Dasilva...

Thought Chicksen was more than capable at his level but there we go.

As for Da Silva he was good but you pick up good defenders as the level fairly cheap if we going to spend on a loan from a prem club I would prefer an attacking youngster with potential
    Da Silva is an attacking player as well, probably our second most creative player at the end of the season after Holmes. A speedy 4 foot 6 defender with tricky feet is never going to be an old school defensive blocker!
  • Options

Richard Cawley‏ @RichCawleySLP 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @BenHayes77
    I'd genuinely forgotten about (Roger Johnson). Think it is an absolute given that he'll be off. They tried to get him out before window closed.

We'll re-sign him in January after he tears up the Indian league again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IMHO far better than Page but obviously not as cheap!
  • Options
    What they really mean is, he didn't want to stay at a basket case club and had something else lined up.
  • Options
    underwhelmed

infact underwhelmed by anything at CAFC
  • Options

I liked Chicksen. Still, considering he generally fell behind Fox, Page and Dasilva - so whoever else was available - I bet he's not crushed to be moving on.

More pressing though, I'm surprised more people haven't highlighted this: 'When asked if he wished there were more in the final weeks of their deals, Robinson said: “I think you’d always like more out of contract, yeah."

Wait, what? Who the hell says that?? 'Yeah, I've got some shit players here that I wish I could just wave off but they've got contracts and I know I'll never be able to sell them'. If that's not a massive indictment of our recruitment from the manager then I don't know what is. I'm surprised at how negative that whole interview is actually. Moaning about having crap players on long contracts, wondering if they can be 'of use' to him, finally acknowledging the existence of Page but talking about getting someone else in. Not exactly an optimistic start to summer recruitment

Personally, I'm willing to give KR a chance. His first season was very similar to Chris Powell's, so let's pray that he is backed by the owner, the same as Powell was.

As for what KR says, I'll still read it, but I take it with a pinch of salt.
    I can't be getting frustrated every time he talks his nonsense with so many contradictions.

If he can build a winning team I'll settle for that.
    Powell had a lot of players out of contract so was able to build his own team. If we're stuck with Igor, Sarr, Ceballos, Watt on the payroll and KR doesn't want them, then yes I can understand it's a bit frustrating when those wages could pay for players who'd destroy this division.
  • Options
    If we get Da Silva back I'll probably completely forget about him but I won't be happy going in to next season with Page starting. I'm guessing someone's lined up to come in and start.
  • Options
    agree with the consensus .. keeping Page and releasing Chicksen ? .. wrong choice .. presumably Page is on less money
  • Options

agree with the consensus .. keeping Page and releasing Chicksen ? .. wrong choice .. presumably Page is on less money

Page is under contract for another 2 years, Chicksen is out of contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good Left-Backs of his quality are as rare has hen's teeth though!!
  • Options

still the wrong choice .. the only consideration can be that it would be too expensive to pay Page off .. from what I have seen of Page, he's not all that .. let's hope he develops into a decent player .. AND quickly
  • Options
    Ridiculous decision to let him go.
    If Page is 1st choice next season i will be disappointed, nothing against Page but he is still young and learning his game.
    Hopefully Da Silva will return if not we will struggle to find anyone better than Chickson at this level.
  • Options

still the wrong choice .. the only consideration can be that it would be too expensive to pay Page off .. from what I have seen of Page, he's not all that .. let's hope he develops into a decent player .. AND quickly
    I've not been impressed but he's not even played 10 games for us yet.
  • Options
    Robinson brings in a player that he has known for some time. Player does well and fans are relatively happy with player but the club then decide to let the player go. Hmm I'm sure Katrien has more to do with this departure than Karl does.
  • Options

Robinson brings in a player that he has known for some time. Player does well and fans are relatively happy with player but the club then decide to let the player go. Hmm I'm sure Katrien has more to do with this departure than Karl does.

Slade brought him in
  • Options
    And wasn't Chicksen an 'after the window had shut' signing?

He was free and no doubt anxious to get a contract.
    In those circumstances, I should imagine he was not on big wages.

• Options

Why would you pay him off? He's 20 years old and we have him under contract. If he really doesn't develop like we want then we can look to sell him on. The culture of cancelling the contracts of players who aren't in the first team is a Meire special and it's a terrible, terrible approach to business