Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chicksen released

124»

Comments

• Options

IMHO far better than Page but obviously not as cheap!

Or were stuck with Page coz we offered him a 3 year contract...
  • Options
    Am probably in quite a small minority that would have released him.

Can't fault his work rate, and he's a pretty athletic guy - but technically he's just too limited in my opinion. Picks up the ball and runs either into a dead end or the touchline, and doesn't have the weapons to get out of there.

He'll be "okay" for a middle of the road League 1 side, which is what we are at the moment, but I really do think that's his ceiling as a footballer.
  • Options

Can't fault his work rate, and he's a pretty athletic guy - but technically he's just too limited in my opinion. Picks up the ball and runs either into a dead end or the touchline, and doesn't have the weapons to get out of there.

He'll be "okay" for a middle of the road League 1 side, which is what we are at the moment, but I really do think that's his ceiling as a footballer.

For a second choice LB, third choice RB, and third(ish) choice left midfielder, isn't that about what we'd expect, someone who is a decent but not brilliant League One player?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

For a second choice LB, third choice RB, and third(ish) choice left midfielder, isn't that about what we'd expect, someone who is a decent but not brilliant League One player?
    Yeah, but I'd prefer Page as 2nd choice LB and just about anyone else as a 2nd choice left-mid as Chicksen hasn't got a creative bone in his body. That's all based on the assumption that we do sign a left back... otherwise yeah we'd need probably need him.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Yeah, but I'd prefer Page as 2nd choice LB and just about anyone else as a 2nd choice left-mid as Chicksen hasn't got a creative bone in his body. That's all based on the assumption that we do sign a left back... otherwise yeah we'd need probably need him.
    He's not a creative player I agree but in the Lawrie Wilson mould of wide midfielder who works hard gets in a good position and does the basics well. He put in plenty of solid performances at LM and some very good.
  • Options
    I'm hoping this us like the Samedo of the Powell rebuild season. Everyone thought we should keep him but then we never missed him.
  • Options
    The state the club is in at present I cannot see many players coming in that have a lot of experience from levels above league 1.

It's all a mess and very disheartening.