Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Wonder if they will find the used condoms from the sex on the pitch advert?
  • Options
    Brighton did it last year

Cue Camp Brighton "jokes"
  • Options
    Supper will be a burger or chicken nuggets.
    I assume vegetarians go without.
  • Options
    its the club trying to get the fans back on side, sign a couple of players chuck a bit of money at it don't arrange sleepovers.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

sure they would ask the parents for any dietary requests as its for 7-11 year olds.
  • Options
    Do you have Charlton mad kids between the ages of 7 and 11? If not, then it's not really aimed at you is it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

sure they would ask the parents for any dietary requests as its for 7-11 year olds.
    And also show the parents an up to date CRB certificate for everybody involved with the children.
  • Options
    Well, it's different... :neutral:
    Bonkers.......weird ( as in unique AND weird).....but yep, it's different.
    Roland Duchatelet's Charlton Athletic 2017.
    Bring your own tent.....
  • Options
    Will it be one of these campsites where no ball games will be allowed?
  • Options
    Bonfire in the Centre Circle? Wonder what they will use.....................
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

And also show the parents an up to date CRB certificate for everybody involved with the children.
    Wouldn't be update if it was a CRB certificate ; - )
  • Options
    obviously done so they can announce the Lee Camp signing
  • Options
    Whatever the new certificate is now.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Do you have Charlton mad kids between the ages of 7 and 11? If not, then it's not really aimed at you is it
    someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.
  • Options
    I thought they would turn the pitch into a CAFC dogging site after last years advertisement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great idea, as a youngster it's your dream to get on the pitch in anyway shape or form.

Are there any projects in place at the club for kids between the ages of 11-16? I can't help but feel that there needs to be more done in society in general for this age group.

• Options

sam3110 said:

Not really mate, as I'm still in it, I'm just pointing out that something you regard as strange, might not be aimed at you anyway, whereas the people this is aimed at could see it as a cool thing for their kids to do.
  • Options
    Hmm. I have reservations about this.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Not really mate, as I'm still in it, I'm just pointing out that something you regard as strange, might not be aimed at you anyway, whereas the people this is aimed at could see it as a cool thing for their kids to do.
    lucky for some, suppose in my eyes they cant do anything right and it points out there priority issues, we've just finished 13th in league 1 and instead of making announcements which fans would perceive as good, such as jj deal, new signings, they release a story about a sleepover at the valley, don't disagree its good for kids, but just pisses me off with the mess the club is in all there efforts should go into making a success of it/installing a little confidence in the fans.

this week weve had chicksen released and a sleepover at the valley.

• Options

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

lucky for some, suppose in my eyes they cant do anything right and it points out there priority issues, we've just finished 13th in league 1 and instead of making announcements which fans would perceive as good, such as jj deal, new signings, they release a story about a sleepover at the valley, don't disagree its good for kids, but just pisses me off with the mess the club is in all there efforts should go into making a success of it/installing a little confidence in the fans.

So you would rather they didn't bother running anything like this at all?

I'd imagine the people running this and the people chasing deals for transfers are slightly different, and to get so worked up about a sleepover for children is a bit.... strange if you ask me.

FWIW, a lot of footballers are on holiday over the next couple of weeks, I'd imagine a lot of deals will take place late May/early June, especially once free transfers are in the final month of their contract
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

So you would rather they didn't bother running anything like this at all?

I'd imagine the people running this and the people chasing deals for transfers are slightly different, and to get so worked up about a sleepover for children is a bit.... strange if you ask me.

FWIW, a lot of footballers are on holiday over the next couple of weeks, I'd imagine a lot of deals will take place late May/early June, especially once free transfers are in the final month of their contract
    no our head scout is doing the catering for the sleepover.
  • Options
    I think its a great idea. Kids will love it.
  • Options
    Fantastic idea and just what a family club like ours should be doing.

I hope the weather is good and they all have a great time.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

They get chips. Kids portion though, so 7 rather 14.
  • Options
    it's hard to get out of the mindset that everything the club does is bad. when I first read this yesterday I thought it was ridiculous but it's actually great tbh